PDA

View Full Version : Tammy gave an interview after 1st round victory

jirobkk
Jan 28th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Tanasugarn defeated Fernandez 7-6(1),6-2

http://www.toray-ppo.co.jp/pc/scoreboard/images/tanasugarun.jpg

Q: Where did you injure your right ankle? When and where?
A: It was during warm-up and I twisted my ankle a bit but luckily that it's not really bad serious problem. So, good that I managed to play today and won my match today.

Q: Today's warm up ?
A: Yes, before today's match.

Q: You seemed to have a few double faults in the beginning, did that effect the flow of the match?
A: Well, the first couple of games, my ankle gave me a problem but after that getting better and better. And then it's gone during the second set, so it's good that it's not really a big bad problem and I do play very well today.

Q: You have been so close to titles, and what are you going to do to take the last step ?
A: My goal this year, I was trying to win event this year, that was my goal, and last couple of times I was very very close to good score, but this time you know if I keep continue playing this game and my game today, I'm kind of happy the way I'm right now.

Q: Does playing in Japan back in Asia have any special meaning for you ?
A: Well, such a big tournament here in Japan for Toray Pan Pacific, the tournaments always give opportunities for Asians coming up to have a chance to participate this tournaments, and I'm being here in Japan many times, almost twice a year. So, I feel very comfortable here in Japan and all the people are very nice.

Q: Do you feel rivalry of the Japanese to become the best in Asia as opposed to world rank on a smaller scale ?
A: I think every country not just in Asia but around the world, they make efforts about tennis. I think every person, every country is trying to do his or her best, trying to be a good professional in tennis. So, it's depends on the person and it's a lot of issues to be a tennis professional so, it's very hard question. I think tennis is also very popular in Japan so I think it's a good opportunity for a next new comer to play in Japan.

Shine On Silver Moon
Jan 28th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Nice interview of Tammy...She looked great after exhausting match...Good luck always, Tammy! I hope to see you in Bali...:) :cool: :D :wavey: :bounce: :kiss:

Vut
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Good Luck TAMMY :):):)

V.Melb
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Thanks Jiro :)

jirobkk
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:11 AM
That would be fine. How are you ?

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Benny
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:50 AM
She answered that last question so well!

Go Tammy:kiss:

Phoenix
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:55 AM
nice interview Tammy :D
glad to see her can fanish second set easily :D
hope her ankle wont cause a problem :)