PDA

View Full Version : Will Kim play in the Family Circle Cup?

jenglisbe
Jan 28th, 2003, 01:34 AM
I can easily get tickets and go to the Family Circle Cup, but I have no desire to see Serena or Capriati. Has Kim ever played this event?? I would jump at a chance to see her play...or see her practice!

spiritfullfrog
Jan 28th, 2003, 05:41 AM
When and where is the Family Circle Cup?

Hawk
Jan 28th, 2003, 06:06 AM
Well unfortunatly I wouldn't get your hopes up. Kim didn't play the Family Circle Cup in 2002 or 2001.

@spiritfullfrog. The tournament starts April 7th and it's in Charleston, South Carolina.

This may be a little off-topic..but how far in advance do the commitments for tournies come out? Cause I might have a chance to go to the Rogers Cup in the summer (a long time off), but I wanna know if Kim's gonna go.

spiritfullfrog
Jan 28th, 2003, 06:23 AM
On the Family Circle Cup site, it says "Tournament Now Boasts Three of the Top 5 in the World.". These 3 are Serena, Jennifer and Justine (They have all entered).
So I guess for now Kim ain't coming, which is bad news I spose for jenglisbe. :(

jenglisbe
Jan 28th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Players DO often enter tournaments late or even last minute, but, yeah, it's not looking good :(

Hawk - most players commit at the start of the year, but there are always late additions as players try to get in form. You should check the site of that tournament to see who has committed so far.

Tenniscorner.net may have commitments, too, actually; I just thought of that.