PDA

View Full Version : Advise for Kim from the Williams sisters

per4ever
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:01 AM
"Play less, Kim!"

The words of Lei Clijsters, that he thinks his daughter won't play longer then 3 more years because of the physical and mental burden, reached Melbourne. They asked the Williams-sisters their opinion and their advice was of the same tenor: "Play less tournaments Kim!"
"You have to take good care of your own body", says Serena. "I don't kill myself when we're talking about the number of matches I played. Last year I played 13 tournaments, this year will be about the same. The season is just too long. You can't break your back for someone else."
Venus says the same thing:" Kim's father has right when he says her health is the most important thing. But if Kim really would stop so soon, I would miss her. Same with Martina Hingis, I hope she returns."

treufreund
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:03 AM
:D

Mercury Rising
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:05 AM
The reason she will stop is for the kiddies, I don't like it either that she wants to stop so soon.

danielrosario
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:17 AM
the kiddies???

Volcana
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:18 AM
That Serena 'reply' was from her post-match, and not if memory serves, in answer to a question that had anything to do with Kim. That said, she could play less. There's nothing wrong with 17 tournaments instead of 22 at this point. As long as she's ranked at tleast #4, and more tournaments won't help her reach #2.

Jan 27th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by danielrosario
the kiddies???
Yeah, Kim wants kids and wants to be a young mum. There are heaps of interviews where she states this @ Classy Clijsters Lounge. Maybe this is why she is playing so many tournaments now

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 22nd, 2005, 09:13 PM
Kim really needs to win the US Open if this is still true.

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 22nd, 2005, 09:19 PM
:sad: Damn..1 :eek: more year on tour ? :sad:

deja_entendu
Aug 22nd, 2005, 09:23 PM
Hingis :drool:

WF4EVER
Aug 22nd, 2005, 09:27 PM
Forget about the kiddies, Bec's taken care of that. Kim will need time to establish a sound relationship, unlike Lleyton who seems to have been bewitched or caught with his pants down wayyy down.