PDA

View Full Version : IF you are a Williams fan come in here.....

Blogger Dives
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:08 PM
OK. Since a lot of the topics on this board are related to race and the Williams. And most of us who dislike them are considered racists if we say one negative word about them. I just wanted to see this poll done.

How many Williams fans are white? And how many are of another race?

I'll post another poll for non Williams fans to vote on based on the same issue.

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:18 PM
So...um...does this poll mean that anyone who isn't White (Caucasian) is black? Just checking you know....I'm curious

Shane54
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:20 PM
An interesting poll would be :

How many black posters are NOT Williams fans?:eek:

Blogger Dives
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by bonkers186
So...um...does this poll mean that anyone who isn't White (Caucasian) is black? Just checking you know....I'm curious

Can't you read!?! :o

Look at what I wrote in my post: "How many Williams fans are white? And how many are of another race? " Clear enough for ya? Or should I word it in simpler terms you can UNDERSTAND???

I just want to prove it's not all about race, and if it is there is just as much reverse racisim going on, on this board.

Blogger Dives
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Shane54
An interesting poll would be :

How many black posters are NOT Williams fans?:eek:

I have that poll too ;) It's on down the page under "Non Williams Fans"

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:24 PM
FYI: You could have done this as one poll. It would be easier to see the results.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:24 PM
what about red and yellow and brown fans? I guess theres no room huh? It all comes down to black and white? Well not everyone in this world is black or white.

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Blogger Dives
Can't you read!?! :o

Look at what I wrote in my post: "How many Williams fans are white? And how many are of another race? " Clear enough for ya? Or should I word it in simpler terms you can UNDERSTAND???

I just want to prove it's not all about race, and if it is there is just as much reverse racisim going on, on this board.

You don't get what I'm saying do you? Oh well....I' not going to waste my time :kiss:.

P.s. I can't read for shit :o

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:32 PM
Hey Joy luv :wavey:

Blogger Dives
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Joy I want to prove their is racists on both sides of the table. Some Williams fans, some non Williams fans... I want to prove it DOES EXIST.
However SOME Williams fans won't vote as to try to disprove the theory. Afraid to admit there are two sides to racism in American and the World at large.

Jericho
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:33 PM
well im not white, or black, im asian and most of my asian friends love the sisters as well!!

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by iLuVenuSerena
well im not white, or black, im asian

Thanks iLuVenuSerena....exactly what i was getting at :worship: :worship: :o.

Blogger Dives
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by joy
Bloggers- how does liking the sisters or not prove that there is Racism--- i liked tennis a long time befire the sisters began playing--i currently have other favorite players i cheer for...i liked the girls not only because they are black but obviously for someone who followed tennis for a long time and seeing two black women acheive- i am proud of them just like you are proud pf your country woman- no difference. I know that not all white people who don't like the sisters are not racist:eek: But if you are honest with yourself, you would see that there is a lot of outright and indirect racist overtures at the sisters (just look at those two clowns from your country)..do they come from Black people? No? Are some Black people racist? Yes....but fans or non-fans will not prove that here! Words and actions prove that!!

I know you started this because of my comment in an earlier thread- i was just proving a point and a bit upset at that other thread about the Monkey incident- didnt' mean to be so harsh- i apologize and knwo you were probably referring to Volcana & Rexx- but thats another thing on this board- NOT ALL WILLIAMS FANS ARE ALIKE......i'm done:D

I'm not from Belgium. I'm from Germany, but I've lived in the US for 17 years now. But there are racists everywhere, and they are of every race. It's not just the whites against the blacks and vice versa.

Mags
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Blogger Dives
Joy I want to prove their is racists on both sides of the table. Some Williams fans, some non Williams fans... I want to prove it DOES EXIST.
However SOME Williams fans won't vote as to try to disprove the theory. Afraid to admit there are two sides to racism in American and the World at large.

Blogger Daves,

I understand what you are trying to prove, however I am not sure that the poll proves anything. The question of 'If you are a fan/non-fan of the Williams sisters(also they are individuals- you may cheer for one and not the other!) - what colour are you' only helps to answer your question if individuals support/don't support the sister/s BECAUSE of their colour and this is not the question asked(hope I am making sense here). To see if there is any colour bias you would also have to ask those who support the sisters- do you support any other player who isn't black and for those non-supporters do you support any player who is black eg. Chandra Rubin?.

I am neither an avid Williams sister fan nor a non-fan, but guess what I am black and I am a big fan of Chandra Rubin. Surely you would have to include people like me to see if there is a disproportionate number of blacks/whites who support/don't support the sisters!.

Also you seem to be saying that Williams fans won't be truthful, but surely the same goes for non-Williams fans too.

Having said all that looking forward to the results;)

Gallofa
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:05 PM
I've voted once here (for Venus) and once in the other thread (for Serena). I am white. Not that one vote makes a difference, but I thought I'd let you know, since putting both sisters together might generate some problems with people having to vote in both polls :p

1jackson2001
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:24 AM
I wasn't able to put my "vote" in cuz im neither white or black.

VS Fan
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Well in my opinion, for the purposes of this poll, you are either black or you are not.

All "other" races or ethinicities should say they are white for the purposes of this poll. Although I am "white", I suspect that from the black experience in America the bias comes to some degree from all that are not black. (Not from EVERYONE, but from strong faction within the non-black groups).

Blogger, correct me if I am wrong about this. I think it is true for the USA.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:14 AM
Based on this poll, It seems that if you are "non caucasian" then you are BLACK :eek:

Light Skinned Girl and Hollywood must be shitting bricks...:D

fammmmedspin
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:40 AM
This poll may be illuminating, or not. Thinking about it I find that the players I like more in the top 12 are shorter than 5'9 - bar one who is very slender. I also find the players I like least have a common nationality - although one player I like more also has that nationality and happens to be black. I suspect this will need another 99 polls.....

sartrista7
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:05 PM
so if you are mixed-race and love Venus but don't like Serena you do what exactly?

Experimentee
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:16 PM
I have a problem with the only two options being white and black. So if you're not Caucasian, you must vote for Black? I'm Asian, so i'm neither white nor black.

Jan 27th, 2003, 12:51 PM
there is another thread of the same title down the board a bit and most williams fans there are white too

victory1
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:54 PM
You did not have mixed. I'm from Martinique, half Indian (from India not Native American) and half black.