PDA

View Full Version : Points off til clay season as a chart


Volcana
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:01 PM
____________| KC|JHH| DH| JC| AM| JD| MS | LD| CR
-------------------------------------------------
TPP | 0| 0| 0| 0| 0| 1|209 | 0| 0
Paris | 0| 59| 60| 0|107|230|164 | 0| 0
Antwerp | 0|172| 40| 0|107| 1|163*| 0| 0
Dubai | 0| 0| 0| 0|289| 0|119 | 0| 0
Scottsdale | 0| 0| 0|185| 0| 0| 0 | 0| 0
IW | 1| 63|481| 0| 0| 36|206 | 0| 0
Miami |101| 1| 1|327| 0| 38|245 | 0| 0

*Doha - secondary tournament

Monica_Rules
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Oh Monica has a lot!

CJ07
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:41 PM
The next few months should be interesting

ktwtennis
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:12 PM
She just needs to stay healthy so that she can play well at the four tournaments that she's committed to. If she has quality finishes at each of these events, then she shouldn't fall too much and can make it up during the clay season!

CJ07
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:18 PM
also Monica has ZERO to defend in the summer, plus nothing to defend after Miami

ktwtennis
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by mmcdonald
also Monica has ZERO to defend in the summer, plus nothing to defend after Miami Exactly, so it may look grim now, but she can clearly move up. She could even try a grass tourney if she's not too tired to try to win Wimbledon and boost her seeding...:o

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:49 PM
What about VW and SW?

Jericho
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:58 PM
they are too far above the field to even mention, both could stop playing until the french and still one and two...

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Oh.....well Alrighty then :-)

xan
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:06 AM
Kim looks in a good position. Lindsay too.

tennisIlove09
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by iLuVenuSerena
they are too far above the field to even mention, both could stop playing until the french and still one and two...

Serena has a lot of points to defend at Miami. She won the title, and beat 1, 2, 3 in the process. That's a lot of defending. The best she could do this year is 2, 3, 4...and she'd have to have #4 in the quarter, #3 in the semi, and Venus would have to make the finals

Jericho
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by tennisIlove09
Serena has a lot of points to defend at Miami. She won the title, and beat 1, 2, 3 in the process. That's a lot of defending. The best she could do this year is 2, 3, 4...and she'd have to have #4 in the quarter, #3 in the semi, and Venus would have to make the finals

your point is???:confused:

tennisIlove09
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by iLuVenuSerena
your point is???:confused:

look at the title of the thread sweetie. "Points off til clay season as a chart"

They don't have Serena. I was saying Serena will have a lot of pts coming off at Miami.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jericho
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by tennisIlove09
look at the title of the thread sweetie. "Points off til clay season as a chart"

They don't have Serena. I was saying Serena will have a lot of pts coming off at Miami.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

then why did you quote my post as if it pertained to me honey...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tennisIlove09
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by iLuVenuSerena
then why did you quote my post as if it pertained to me honey...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

because you're post had Venus/Serena in it, as #1, #2. ;)

disposablehero
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by iLuVenuSerena
they are too far above the field to even mention, both could stop playing until the french and still one and two...

Maybe they should try that then, and we'll see if Kim can earn an average of 50 points for her next 7 or 8 tournaments.

Master Lu
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:54 AM
Ummm, it is impossible for Serena to beat the #2, #3, and #4 in the same tourney. #3 and #4 are in different parts of the draw, and being that Serena's #1 she can play only two of those three. If #3 is in her part, then she can beat the #3 and #2 OR #4 seeds, and if #4 is in her part of the draw she has #4 and #3 OR #2.

disposablehero
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Master Lu
Ummm, it is impossible for Serena to beat the #2, #3, and #4 in the same tourney. #3 and #4 are in different parts of the draw, and being that Serena's #1 she can play only two of those three. If #3 is in her part, then she can beat the #3 and #2 OR #4 seeds, and if #4 is in her part of the draw she has #4 and #3 OR #2.

Normally there would be a remote possibility, given the weekly fluctuations of the rankings. However, Indian Wells and Miami are the exceptions to the rule, as they seed according to the players ranks the week of the tournament.

Jericho
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by tennisIlove09
because you're post had Venus/Serena in it, as #1, #2. ;)

:D :) ;) :wavey:

Jericho
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:58 AM
well one thing for sure is that she wont get the 100 points at miami or the 200 at the french and wimbledon...

Master Lu
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by disposablehero
Normally there would be a remote possibility, given the weekly fluctuations of the rankings. However, Indian Wells and Miami are the exceptions to the rule, as they seed according to the players ranks the week of the tournament.

Yes, but the point totals would still be calculated with the old rankings, so the weekly fluctuations wouldn't matter. We are still talking about winning points, right? *checks to make sure* lol

Volcana
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:18 AM
I didn't include them because none of this impacts their rankings.

Serena is 1600 points ahead of Venus
Venus is 1600 points ahead of Kim

Venus is defending 925
Serena is defending 924

CJ07
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Venus and Serena are going to be #1 and #2 for awhile, so get used to it

(but by Wimbledon, they'll be swapping places)

selesfan
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Wow! Monica has a lot to defend, she might fall out of the top ten.:sad:

CJ07
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:35 AM
she wont

shes not stupid

she'll take a WC into a tournament if she absolutely has to

damn that ankle and Koukalova :(

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 27th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Amelie isn't looking too bad points wise if she can come back strong. I hope she plays more leading up to the clay season to make up for her absence from the Oz Open.

E. Blackadder
Jan 27th, 2003, 06:28 AM
projected rankings with points off (top 30)

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=54516