PDA

View Full Version : Andre hints at his playing doubles with Steffi ain't gonna happen...

Tennis Fool
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:45 AM
From AO interview...

Q. What does this mean for your camp now? Steffi gets on the court?
ANDRE AGASSI: : Yeah, she's not too pleased about that, but (laughter)... Hopefully I'll have 50 years with her to be mad at me about more things.

Q. A bet's a bet though, isn't it?
ANDRE AGASSI: It's going to be my responsibility to make it happen. I'm the one that said it, so... (Smiling).
I got to make it up to her somehow. Count on me to work on it.

Q. If you were a bookmaker in Las Vegas and you had to do the odds, Navratilova (inaudible) versus Graf-Agassi, what would be the odds?
ANDRE AGASSI: Yeah, I don't -- I assure you if we play, we don't have much chance. Definitely not.

Q. Does the surface matter?
ANDRE AGASSI: First of all, I don't play doubles. Secondly, if I did play doubles, I don't usually play against women. Thirdly, I could never aggressively hit at the woman. I just couldn't do it.

Q. So Steffi's right?
ANDRE AGASSI: On top of it, she's played probably just stroking the ball, hasn't played a match in years.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports...

tfannis
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:48 AM
Why is that hinting they won't play? He's just saying Steffi isn't too happy about it and that they won't make such a great mixed double team...I'm sure Steffi keeps her promises :)

Darren Cahill has to shave of his hear....his wife wasn't too pleased about that either...but it will happen :D

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:01 PM
I don't think she would play again either...

BasicTennis
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:23 PM
after sparkling some interest on the tennis fans, this is what they get.:mad:

martinailuv
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:55 PM
i didn't believe it really cos steffi never liked playing doubles all that much from what i can remember.