PDA

View Full Version : Martina upset over dog rule

Sam L
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Martina upset over dog rule

MELBOURNE, Jan 26 (Reuters) -- Martina Navratilova says she wants to have a few words with friends in high places as she tries to fly her new pooch out of Australia first class.

The 46-year-old bought a pug named Frodo while on holiday in Gladstone, north of Brisbane, a few weeks before winning her title at the Australian Open on Sunday.

She wants the puppy to travel with her in first class back to her home in the United States, but Australian aviation laws say Frodo must go below.

"I need to talk to [Australian Prime Minister] John Howard about that," she joked. "Getting into the States is easy ... getting out of here is the difficult part.

"He's going to have to go under. I thought we'd go through New Zealand, go through Tahiti, same rule.

"Even Hawaii has the same rule. I don't know why, the rest of the world you can bring the dog in the cabin, but not this part of the Pacific Ocean.

"It's going to be a long trip for him, but he'll be fine."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/2003/australian_open/news/2003/01/25/mixed_navratilova_reut/

Hehehe she's just so funny so many ways. I hope Frodo gets home safely ;)

Bероника
Jan 26th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Hehe,thanks for the article,I understand her concern about her dog.Frodo,lol,what a name for a dog!