PDA

View Full Version : The women's final was definitely more exciting than the men's...

Jericho
Jan 26th, 2003, 03:37 AM
I hope non-williams fans agree...but IMO it was more dramatic, it wasnt a top quality match but it was definitelt better than the men's final!! ;)

evadafan
Jan 26th, 2003, 03:40 AM
its not hard to agree with that!

But I do feel bad for the Aussie's who put on a great tournament and get those two finals...eeek. At least there were some great matches in other rounds of the tourney!

tennischick
Jan 26th, 2003, 03:42 AM
what men's final? was there one on tonite? :o :o

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 26th, 2003, 05:30 AM
I can't believe the womens match lasted longer then/than the womens!!! But I'm happy Andre won :-) 1 out of 2 finals aint' bad.

1jackson2001
Jan 26th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by WtaTour4Ever
I can't believe the womens match lasted longer then/than the womens!!! But I'm happy Andre won :-) 1 out of 2 finals aint' bad.

You mean women's match lasted longer than the men's. ;)

Crazy Canuck
Jan 26th, 2003, 06:06 AM
Well hopefully the men will stop putting on crap finals.

*prays*

vs1
Jan 26th, 2003, 06:10 AM
My goodness. Glad Andre won, but that final match was almost a joke! I couldn't believe it! Poor Schuettler. I felt bad for him.

Andre gave a nice acceptance speech. But man...he can talk!!!

Scotso
Jan 26th, 2003, 06:13 AM
I agree :p

gladysharon
Jan 26th, 2003, 06:16 AM
Well, a player can't really control how long a match is going to be or how exciting it is...who wants to make it exciting when they can easily win it.

LeonHart
Jan 26th, 2003, 06:21 AM
yeah, but i wished they didn't close the roof so we can have a dramatic final, both of them dying of thirst, yet they can find the inner strength to keep on fighting!! :p

ajayares
Jan 26th, 2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by LeonHart
yeah, but i wished they didn't close the roof so we can have a dramatic final, both of them dying of thirst, yet they can find the inner strength to keep on fighting!! :p

Well I honestly don't think anyone would have watched yesterday's final if it was outdoors (well the people who didn't have a seat in the shade, then I wonder if it would have been bearable for the fans anyway. As yesterday was the hottest day in Melbourne since 1939, where it hit a top of 44.1 C just as match pt was played.

BasicTennis
Jan 26th, 2003, 06:53 AM
I agree but overall the men produced the best tennis matches in this grandslamd event.;)