PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Williams sisters will stop playing the same slams?

selesfan1
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Do you think that they would? If theu both make all the finals of the GS' this year?

selesrules
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:48 PM
just because right now things are going their way it doesn't mean that eventually they will not be losing. Maybe in the French they will both be upset before the final and then struggle more in the next few years, you can't just act as if they will 100% reach the final. Now is their time, but it will end eventually. So it would be ridiculous if they don't BOTH take every chance to win a grandslam right now while they are on top.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:56 PM
If they stopped, then they are not PROFESSIONAL tennis players.

Crazy Canuck
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:59 PM
lol - I highly doubt that they are going to toss a coin to decide who plays what slams :D

They are pro tennis players who live for those moments - like they are going to pass up two a year :p

HAIL-VENUS
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:02 PM
No way will they stop playing the slams. Especially Serena. I mean, she has not been on the losing end in a long time. I think that they will continue to try and win the slams. Afterall, that's what they've always wanted. To both be in the finals of the slams, and one of them winning. Ofcourse, they'll being trying to do this for the rest of their careers.

tennisfan1972
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:34 PM
I think they double their chances of taking the big titles home if they both play. that way at least one of them will take it home should the other fail to make the final. Its really tough to beat them these days , so having them both around increases their chances of making more history. the french open is kinda tricky, i think they both need tobe there competing that way u have to beat both of them to win and if u beat one , the mental and physical toils are just too much for some players these days. and that equals victory for the williams household in their minds im sure. I bet they would rather the other take the trophy home than someone else.