PDA

View Full Version : Why is Davenport #1 seed again?

bmxbandit
Jan 25th, 2003, 03:57 PM
i keep reading on other message boards that Davenport will be seeded above Dokic and Seles for some reason. Can anyone confirm this? If so, WHY?

Lindsayfan
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:06 PM
cos she's a nice girl :p LOL no i think it's #1 seed cos she can use her protected ranking as n.3 in the world for an other tourney,she could use it for 8 tourneys and she used it just for 7 so she uses it now.sorry for my bad english,i hope u understand what i mean!

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:31 PM
You mean, she did'nt use it in the AO????
She could have a better draw there.

Anyways, she is seeded number ONE because she will win this tournament anyway!!!!!! Comeon Lindsay!!!!

Havok
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:52 PM
WTF is her point.she's really starting to piss me off. wow buig dealsoinsteadof beeing theno.3 seed she's the no.1 seed. she doesn't need it coz she can beat people and it'll be better forher because she can gain more quality points this way. there isn't that much of a difference between the !3 seed and the #1 seed. she's so weird! well i'm glad that this is the very last time she can use it, and from then on she's stuck with the seed she really deserves

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:56 PM
wait for the draw, you might be happier with her seeding if she will not face your fave early.

gossipcom
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:24 AM
I think you'll find it'll have nothing to do with rankings but actually success at the tournament. If you look at the record of Davenport/Hingis at this tournament between the two of them they have captured the last 7 titles (or been part of the final). I think that's the reason she's seeded above Monica.

ktwtennis
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:57 AM
I don't think she is the number one seed...I don't think I can remember a tourney ever messing w/the seedings based on old performances...

rated_next
Jan 26th, 2003, 01:29 AM
she won't be the #1 seed ...

Philip
Jan 26th, 2003, 01:41 AM
it would be better if she was seed one... that way monica is guarenteed to be in the opposite side :p

but i dont think she no1 seed. ;)

CJ07
Jan 26th, 2003, 02:38 AM
I dont really care either way

actually I'd rather her be #1 so if she and Monica get to the final, Monica will win simply on her choking :p

~RedRose~
Jan 26th, 2003, 03:48 AM
Lindsay Has used all her 8 Injury Ranking thingos. Stanford, San Diego, LA (Jp Morgan), New Haven, US Open, Moscow, Filderstat, Zurich. She wont be No.1 ... that was just a mistake in an article written.

Lindsayfan
Jan 26th, 2003, 09:27 AM
she'll be in top 3 seeds anyway,so who cares if she's the n.1 or 2 or 3?! ;)

~RedRose~
Jan 26th, 2003, 09:30 AM
because 1 & 2 are garenteed on different sides ... and 3 & 4 are garenteed different sides. So it does matter whether she is 3 or 1.

tennisIlove09
Jan 26th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Why is Davenport #1 seed again?

she's not...she's seeded 3rd;)

~RedRose~
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:59 AM
i told u she wouldnt be :P

Maajken
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Naldo
WTF is her point.she's really starting to piss me off. wow buig dealsoinsteadof beeing theno.3 seed she's the no.1 seed. she doesn't need it coz she can beat people and it'll be better forher because she can gain more quality points this way. there isn't that much of a difference between the !3 seed and the #1 seed. she's so weird! well i'm glad that this is the very last time she can use it, and from then on she's stuck with the seed she really deserves
i thought quality points had to do with the ranking of a player you beat and not the seed she has :confused:

~RedRose~
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:15 PM
yes but being No.1 seed would usually mean an easier draw, easier opponents (well lower ranked) look at Monica plays Chanda where Jelena is stuck with Lindsay for SFs (as to seedings)

ktwtennis
Jan 26th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Great that Monica's number one, but I fear Bovina!!!!!!!!!!!