PDA

View Full Version : 2013 - 4/8 - Andi's summer: Wimbledon, Bad Gastein and maybe Baku(?)

KatjaS
Jun 4th, 2013, 06:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3f8CyCY.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d6/Nuvola_United_Kingdom_flag.svg/15px-Nuvola_United_Kingdom_flag.svg.png Wimbledon - London, UK http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d6/Nuvola_United_Kingdom_flag.svg/15px-Nuvola_United_Kingdom_flag.svg.png
24 June - 06 July
Grass | Grand Slam | $16,775,934

R1 - Andrea Petkovic def. Pauline Parmentier 6-3 6-2
R2 - Sloane Stephens def. Andrea Petkovic 7-6 2-6 8-6

100 points - £38,000

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/Nuvola_Austrian_flag.svg/15px-Nuvola_Austrian_flag.svg.png NÜRNBERGER Gastein Ladies - Bad Gastein, Austria http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/Nuvola_Austrian_flag.svg/15px-Nuvola_Austrian_flag.svg.png
15 July - 21 July
Clay | International | $235,000

R1 - Petra Martic def. Andrea Petkovic 6-7 7-5 6-3

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Nuvola_Azerbaijanian_flag.svg/15px-Nuvola_Azerbaijanian_flag.svg.png Baku Cup - Baku, Azerbaijan http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Nuvola_Azerbaijanian_flag.svg/15px-Nuvola_Azerbaijanian_flag.svg.png
22 July - 28 July
Hard Court | International | $235,000

Withdrew due to illness

KatjaS
Jun 4th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Given the attention to Petko's schedule it's probably good to have a thread to discuss her summer. She's currently first ALT (http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=28735201&postcount=11) in Budapest, so it's pretty likely that she'll get into the tournament without having to play Q or use a WC. A week later are Bastad and Bad Gastein where she would be a bit further away from the MD if she has entered those tournaments.

matthias
Jun 8th, 2013, 07:30 PM
spiceboy (usually very good informed) see Petko as a lock for a Wimbledon Maindraw WC, specially after her Marseille showing

would be really torn about it

Fury
Jun 9th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Are there other famous players who would need a WC?

mk27
Jun 9th, 2013, 10:59 AM

Not really

KatjaS
Jun 9th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Last year Grega Zemlja got a wild card after winning a challenger, so I don't think it's unrealistic to hope for a WC.

guichard
Jun 9th, 2013, 02:40 PM

They sometimes gives a WC to someone who did well at Roland Garros like Ormaechea this year but no way they are giving her a WC. Or a player who does well at Birmingham like Oudin and Lisciki the last two years.

Last year Grega Zemlja got a wild card after winning a challenger, so I don't think it's unrealistic to hope for a WC.

And Barty who was initially offered a QWC received a MDWC after winner a 50K challenger.

Carsten
Jun 11th, 2013, 08:17 PM
WC for Petko in Wimbledon! :)

Petkovic erhielt an Abend noch eine schöne Mitteilung: Für Wimbledon (24. Juni bis 6. Juli) erhält die 25-Jährige eine Wildcard.

http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/n%C3%BCrnberg-beck-erreicht-achtelfinale-114755690.html

KatjaS
Jun 11th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Was hoping for that news when I read that they're announcing the wild cards tomorrow. :cheer:

csillag
Jun 11th, 2013, 08:54 PM
:cheer: Great news, she doesn't seem to do well in qualies..

matthias
Jun 12th, 2013, 10:47 AM
good news, i hope she will win few more matches in nuremberg and then she can rest and avoid the shitty courts of roehampton
hopefully she get a winable 1st round opponent, maybe a clueless claycourt girl

KatjaS
Jun 12th, 2013, 02:10 PM
She just confirmed the WC during the interview. :cheer:

Dorien.
Jun 12th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I'm so so so so happy :hearts:
Just cross your fingers for me she isn't playing on a big court, so I can see her :)

mk27
Jun 18th, 2013, 02:00 PM
She's on the entry list for Baku

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=29712641&postcount=1

KatjaS
Jun 18th, 2013, 03:19 PM
So most likely (if she gets into Budapest and doesn't withdraw) the full summer clay swing. Given her recent success on the surface and the limited competition she faces there might be a decent strategy to get herself into a position where she can make the MD of almost all tournaments again by the end of the year.

Carsten
Jun 18th, 2013, 03:23 PM
So most likely (if she gets into Budapest and doesn't withdraw) the full summer clay swing. Given her recent success on the surface and the limited competition she faces there might be a decent strategy to get herself into a position where she can make the MD of almost all tournaments again by the end of the year.

But Baku is on HC ;) Just the 2 tournaments before on clay.

So she will be on HC in time.

KatjaS
Jun 18th, 2013, 03:27 PM
It is? Can't say that I've paid attention to that tournament before. :D

Oh well. So she'll get used to HC and the competition is still not exactly fear-inducing.

Annika, Oprandi, Minella, Vekic. At least she has people to keep her company.

~Poseidon~
Jun 18th, 2013, 03:39 PM
I think it's a wise decision, to play on clay as long as possible, as she can acclimatize her body to the full schedule much better on a softer surface.

matthias
Jun 18th, 2013, 03:46 PM
i really hope she will play all 3 tournaments
would be really smart

mk27
Jun 18th, 2013, 04:14 PM
She's on the entry list for Washington as well

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=29721769&postcount=1

KatjaS
Jun 18th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Well one certainly can't complain that she's not playing enough tournaments this summer. :lol:

I guess she won't bother with qualifying for Canada and (maybe) Cincy and take a break then.

Baku - Washington is a massive time difference though.

matthias
Jun 18th, 2013, 04:52 PM
then i expect her to withdraw from Baku

KatjaS
Jun 18th, 2013, 04:57 PM
I don't know, much tougher field in Washington. She could also withdraw from Washington if she goes deep in Baku and play Q in Canada or take the week off and play Q in Cincy.

matthias
Jun 18th, 2013, 05:02 PM
i guess she entered everything just to get in somewhere

LafandeMary
Jun 19th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Flavia Pennetta asked Petko on twitter to play doubles with her at Wimbledon, since Kuznetsova withdrew.
Don't know what she answered...:p

Flavia Pennetta ‏@flavia_pennetta

@andreapetkovic Hello Andrea you want to play dobles in Wimbledon ? We have 45 minuts to signing, thanks

KatjaS
Jun 21st, 2013, 09:51 AM
R1 against Pauline Parmentier.

Carsten
Jun 21st, 2013, 10:10 AM
good opponent for a first round :)

KatjaS
Jun 21st, 2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah, could have been worse. R2 would be the winner of Stephens - Hampton, that's tough, Hampton has been playing great this year.

Petko is in the bottom half, so she will play on Monday.

Stephens vs Hampton
Parmantier vs Petkovic
Cetkovska vs Vekic
Cabeza Candela vs Wozniacki

CillyUltra
Jun 21st, 2013, 10:36 AM
Andrea's quarter at The Championships:

(5) Sara Errani v Monica Puig
Silvia Soler-Espinosa v Misaki Doi
Lara Arruabarrena v Lesia Tsurenko
Eva Birnerova Varvara Lepchenko (26)

(17) Sloane Stephens v Jamie Hampton
Pauline Parmentier v Andrea Petkovic
Petra Cetkovska v Donna Vekic
Estrella Cabeza Candela v Caroline Wozniacki (9)

(15) Marion Bartoli v Elina Svitolina
Christina McHale v Alexa Glatch
Camila Giorgi v Samantha Murray
Stefanie Voegele v Sorana Cirstea (22)

(27) Lucie Safarova v Lauren Davis
Lucie Hradecka v Karin Knapp
Michelle Larcher De Brito v Melanie Oudin
Kristina Mladenovic v Maria Sharapova (3)

KatjaS
Jun 21st, 2013, 11:01 AM
Flavia's twitter message went through, Andi is playing doubles with her. :lol:

Flavia Pennetta (ITA) Andrea Petkovic (GER)
Samantha Murray (GBR) Jade Windley (GBR)
Renata Voracova (CZE) Klara Zakopalova (CZE)
Liezel Huber (USA) [6] Sania Mirza (IND) [6]

CillyUltra
Jun 21st, 2013, 11:39 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic. First grass court match since two years and lots will depend on how much pressure Andrea puts an herself. And how much she can block out that negative experiences she had in Wimbledon in the past. I'm not yet convinced that she's already that stable after two weeks of good play, and pretty clear that there still could be setbacks on her comeback trail.

matthias
Jun 21st, 2013, 12:34 PM
if she is relaxed enough she should beat Parmentier
2nd round would be already good for her

Demi_Hedem
Jun 21st, 2013, 04:29 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic. First grass court match since two years and lots will depend on how much pressure Andrea puts an herself. And how much she can block out that negative experiences she had in Wimbledon in the past. I'm not yet convinced that she's already that stable after two weeks of good play, and pretty clear that there still could be setbacks on her comeback trail.

agree,things get better,but I don't think she's that stable,either.
There still could be up and down.

Dorien.
Jun 21st, 2013, 06:45 PM
I hope my support will bring her to the second round :rocker: Looking forward to see her playing live again :hearts:

Tennis Fool
Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:35 AM
Glad she got an opponent who can't play grass either. Still 0-2 against Pauline, but the last match was back in 2005, and this is their first meeting on grass.

Go Petko!

LafandeMary
Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
Andrea won a Fed Cup match against Pauline in 2010.
6/3 6/2, but it was on clay.

matthias
Jun 22nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
wait, who was the french one from Marseille, wasnt it Parmentier?
was it johansson?
always mix those two girls up

Fury
Jun 22nd, 2013, 12:10 PM
wait, who was the french one from Marseille, wasnt it Parmentier?
was it johansson?
always mix those two girls up

It was Johannsson.

KatjaS
Jun 23rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Petko's match has been scheduled as NB 18:00 on no court yet, it will get put on a court where play ends early.

Danars
Jun 23rd, 2013, 01:23 PM
Parmentier is in a really bad shape right now. She just won two matches this season so far and her confidence should be very low. I hope Andrea is using this chance tomorrow.

KatjaS
Jun 24th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Schedule beyond Wimbledon, Budapest has added 4 MD spots due to flooding, but Petko is not on the list, so she has probably withdrawn.

shrOOf
Jun 24th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Petkovic withdrew from both Budapest and Palermo.

crazillo
Jun 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Petkovic withdrew from both Budapest and Palermo.

Does she think she's fully back already? I think it would have been good to play at least one of those events.

mk27
Jun 24th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I think it would have been good to play at least one of those events.

Both events are in the same week. ;)

matthias
Jun 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Does she think she's fully back already? I think it would have been good to play at least one of those events.

there are both at the same time, so she could have played just one anyway ;)
she gonna play BadGastein and then maybe Washington

KatjaS
Jun 24th, 2013, 06:24 PM
She has won 6-3 6-2. Very good performance in my opinion, never looked like she could lose control of the match. Kept her errors down while still playing powerful and offensive tennis. The good weeks continue. :cheer:

Carsten
Jun 24th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Yes she really played well :) For sure her best match in Wimbledon so far! :) And first win at a GS since US Open 2011!

Great to see how happy she was afterwards :)

KatjaS
Jun 24th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Maybe grass has finally asked her out on a date. :inlove:

CillyUltra
Jun 24th, 2013, 06:33 PM
As I said, the match depended mostly on herself. Great to see she maintained her form and confidence on grass. Extremely important win points-wise as well of course. :)

Schnffy
Jun 24th, 2013, 10:00 PM
:cheer:

matthias
Jun 24th, 2013, 10:14 PM
:cheer:

is there a highlight video or something like that?
was just able to follow livescore from work :)

kadiHH
Jun 25th, 2013, 12:06 AM
So happy for Petko! Wish I could have seen it but sounds like it was a solid win. Onward and upward!:bounce:

KatjaS
Jun 25th, 2013, 05:24 PM
3rd after 11:30 on Court 3 tomorrow. :)

rucolo
Jun 25th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Andrea won her Wimbledon R1 match ! :cheer:

Now destroy this arrogant brat Stephens, Andrea ;)

Tennis Fool
Jun 26th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Nice to see Andrea finally even her h2h against Pauline, 2-all. :lol:

She is 1-0 against Sloane, but this is their first grass meeting, and we all know about Andrea and grass!

Good luck to her anyway!

KatjaS
Jun 26th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Lost 6-8 in the 3rd. :(

She was a bit anti-clutch today, the more important the point, the worse she played. So many break points, 15-30s, etc wasted.

CillyUltra
Jun 26th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Should have won the match, but not really confident at big points yet. At least she could somewhat back up her form from Marseille/Nürnberg.

Would be important now to win some points in Bad Gastein/Baku/Washington. It's a bit uncertain how she'll do at the big HC tourneys, where she has to play qualies (Toronto/Cincy) and is depended on the draw.

matthias
Jun 26th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Petko :sad:
but at least she gave a good fight
hope she can do well in the next events

Tennis Fool
Jun 27th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Petko, so close! I really didn't think it would be, so this is a good sign, all things considered :yeah:

KatjaS
Jun 27th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Petko & Flavia, the twitter double, have won their 1st round match 6-0 2-6 6-2. :)
They'll play Huber/Mirza next.

KatjaS
Jun 27th, 2013, 02:37 PM
In her sky interview the only tournaments she mentioned were Bad Gastein, Montreal, Cincy and the US Open, so it sounds like she'll skip Baku.

Danars
Jun 29th, 2013, 08:19 AM
She is still in the Entry List of Baku and Washington :confused:

KatjaS
Jun 29th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I know, but she was asked on sky what's next for her after Wimbledon and she didn't name them...so we'll have to wait and see.

Doubles today 3rd after 11:30 on Court 19 (no stream)

KatjaS
Jun 29th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Lost in doubles today, so she's officially out of the tournament. Bad Gastein next, and just as she and grass were starting to be into each other. ;)

Danars
Jun 29th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Yes, we will see. But playing Bad Gastein should be a good decision after Wimbledon.

I think it was a nice tournament. She won one match in singles and doubles and played a good match against Stephens! I really hope to see her ranking higher very soon :)

matthias
Jun 30th, 2013, 05:18 PM
i checked the entry list for Gastein and looked for the post-wimbledon-ranking for the entered players, and i guess Petko should be even seeded now
i know she isn´t even in now, but she would get for sure a WC if no one else pulls out
(according to spiceboy Petko is #1 alternate)

Dorien.
Jun 30th, 2013, 05:31 PM
I was able to get in on court 3 for her first match. I supported her loudly and I was happy she could win it. For her second match I just got in on court 3 for the second set. And that one was a good one for her too. I left after the second set because my friends bought resale tickets for court 2 so we could watch Kirsten Flipkens. After I left she lost the match. (I probably have to blame myself for her lose :p)

S-T-E-V-E
Jun 30th, 2013, 06:59 PM
On her homepage she has Baku and Washington listed, so I guess she will play a full schedule with Bad Gastein, Baku, Washington, Cincinatti, Montreal and the US Open :)

matthias
Jul 3rd, 2013, 06:41 PM
Petko is now into BadGastein without WC
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=30426081&postcount=20

KatjaS
Jul 3rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
Good news, so that's still 2 WC left for her this year. :)

She still seems to be entered into Baku, spiceboy didn't mention a withdrawal and she lists it on her homepage.

WimbleBine
Jul 9th, 2013, 07:40 AM
She was ok in wimbledon...but round 2 she must win she was the better player...hope she can be better in america

KatjaS
Jul 9th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Small update regarding what she's up to:

She's currently in Stuttgart being a judge on "The making of a Wimbledon Champion", some sort of tennis talent contest. She's in the jury together with Tommy Haas and Uncle Toni, so all together they (or their protege) have won enough matches in Wimbledon this year to make the QF. :p

matthias
Jul 9th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Small update regarding what she's up to:

She's currently in Stuttgart being a judge on "The making of a Wimbledon Champion", some sort of tennis talent contest. She's in the jury together with Tommy Haas and Uncle Toni, so all together they (or their protégé) have won enough matches in Wimbledon this year to make the QF. :p

sunday she was attenting the Frankfurt Triathlon - they interviewed herat HR3
but zapped in to late

matthias
Jul 11th, 2013, 10:16 AM
i just checked the Gastein EL
and with Cornet out, Petko should be seeded #5 right now
Main Draw EL for BadGastein

1.) Barthel
2.) Mladenovic
2.) Beck
3.) Begu
4.) Petkovic
5.) Bertens
6.) Scheepers
7.) Torró Flor
8.) Knapp
------------------------

80 Cadantu

89 Hradecka
90 Minella
83 Svitolina
108 Cabeza Candela
110 Hlavackova

matthias
Jul 14th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Barthel(1) vs Scholl
Q vs Moser(WC)
Daniilidou vs Hlavackova
Q vs Bertens (5)

Petkovic(4) vs Martic
Mayr(WC) vs Mrdeza
Svitolina vs Q
Schmiedlova vs Scheepers(8)

Torro-Flor(7) vs Rus
Cabeza-Candela vs Majeric
Q vs Meusburger
Witthoeft(WC) vs Begu(3)

Knapp(8) vs Solovieva
Cadantu vs Koehler
Minella vs Hradecka
Peer vs Beck(2)

matthias
Jul 14th, 2013, 12:34 PM
time for revenge
Petko lost to Martic last year

shrOOf
Jul 14th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Andy really has a good chance to grab the title imo.

JustPetko
Jul 14th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Yvonne is in other half, so final is really possible :yeah:

KatjaS
Jul 14th, 2013, 02:37 PM
In Mona's half. :o

Other than her, she should be better than anybody else in the draw if she can keep her form of the last few weeks going.

~Poseidon~
Jul 14th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Tough first round, but a doable quater after that.

matthias
Jul 14th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Time to Revenge against Martic for the lose in Asia last year
i don´t care that she is in Mona´s Half, because i would be happy if both would go that far :)

Ziva
Jul 14th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Martic isn't any good these days, shouldn't be that much of a challenge.

Dorien.
Jul 14th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Good luck Petko :rocker:

Tennis Fool
Jul 14th, 2013, 11:09 PM
0-2 to Petra, but good luck to Andrea :yeah:

Lucky_Loser
Jul 15th, 2013, 04:20 AM
0-2 to Petra, but good luck to Andrea :yeah:

According to Andrea (http://www.gastein-ladies.at/aktuelles_news_237.php) it's even 0-3 but I still think she can do it.

Would be good if she could keep on adding points till the US Open.

Carsten
Jul 15th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Yvonne is in other half, so final is really possible :yeah:

Well i dont think anyone has to be afraid of Meusburger ;)

She should be the best player in the draw, but her first round is a little tricky. Just hope she can win a few matches here :)

Carsten
Jul 15th, 2013, 07:00 AM
According to Andrea (http://www.gastein-ladies.at/aktuelles_news_237.php) it's even 0-3 but I still think she can do it.

Would be good if she could keep on adding points till the US Open.

No its only 0:2. But both losses were short after she came back from injuries, last year and 2008 after her ACL injury... she won the fist set both times, 6:1 and 6:0 :lol: So no too easy first set this time pls. :p

KatjaS
Jul 15th, 2013, 10:11 AM
If she can maintain the form she had in the last few weeks I'm relatively confident that Martic shouldn't be too big a problem. That said, I'm fully mentally prepared that there still will be setbacks.

Lucky_Loser
Jul 15th, 2013, 03:11 PM
No its only 0:2. But both losses were short after she came back from injuries, last year and 2008 after her ACL injury... she won the fist set both times, 6:1 and 6:0 :lol: So no too easy first set this time pls. :p

I stand corrected. ;)

Anyways, let's just hope that Petko can keep on playing solid tennis and win more matches before the US Open start.

KatjaS
Jul 15th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Andi plays tomorrow NB 15:00 against Martic. :)

mk27
Jul 16th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Lost in 3 against Martic in R1 of Bad Gastein.

Now it's better for her to play in Baku.

mk27
Jul 17th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Petkovic will sich in den kommenden Tagen zu Hause auskurieren und hat ihre Teilnahme am Turnier in Baku/Aserbaidschan nächste Woche abgesagt.

She has withdrawn from Baku. :(

Danars
Jul 17th, 2013, 11:04 AM
She just cannot win against Martic :sad: We can say Martic is her feared opponent.

Sad, she is not playing in Baku. I hope for a good US Open Series.

Demi_Hedem
Jul 17th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Luckily she was only sick, not injured. Anyone knows what's wrong with her, stomach problem?

shrOOf
Jul 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Oh no. :tears:

KatjaS
Jul 17th, 2013, 12:18 PM
It will never stop. :sobbing:

rucolo
Jul 17th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Andrea :o :sad:

Out in R1 Bad Gastein is not good. Head To Head vs Martic now 0-3 :(

JustPetko
Jul 17th, 2013, 04:32 PM