PDA

View Full Version : In preparation of Final Destination 2: Have you ever almost died?!?!

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:26 AM
Just curious! I don't know if this counts, but one night, I woke-up and there were all these men from an ambulance truck over me. Apparently I wasn't waking up and not responding, and something happened to me in my sleep. I had to go to the hospital. And it was the first time I ever went to the hospital for something serious. I was always the one in the family that nothing ever happened to. Anyway, I don't remember much. I was gone. They put an IV in my arm! MY FIRST IV!!!! I can honestly say those things don't hurt as much as they are supposed to, but once again, I was gone so I don't think I realized it was in my arm. LOL!

But my sister had really bad asthma when she was young and was always in and out of ICU when she was young, and she had an IV in her arm all the time and it really hurt her like a bitch. Maybe I am just lucky to have been in a hospital only one day.

King Satan
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:28 AM
Yes, I almost died riding a horse in Mexico, long story

Mitzi
Jan 25th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Three times I've almost been where a terrorist attack happened at the same place and time, but at the last moment I didn't go there cuz something happened :)
Oh, and I got my first IV (2 IV's actually) about a month ago, when a dumb doctor mis-diagnosed my illness. He said I have just a sore throute (sp?) and should just drink a lot, and apperently I had more than that.

per4ever
Jan 25th, 2003, 09:42 AM
never :)

irma
Jan 25th, 2003, 09:58 AM
almost dying is a little exaggerating but two times I collapsed with a car but nothing serious happened there and one time I was walking across the pavement and suddenly a car with like 300 km pro hour raced through the street. I just saw it in time and could stop in one second otherwise I probably had been hurt bad.

I have been in the hospital for an epileptic attack but then I don't think my life was in danger there too

oh yeah when I was kid I also drunk poision one time but again not life treatings( I think)

maybe my guardian angel does a good job :eek:

my sister had an almost dying experience though. she was catched by a bus once when she was waiting on another bus. she was already given up by the doctors and wanted to amputate her leg too. by my parents and another doctor refused that
lucky she is a fighter and pretty much recovered again:)

Monica_Rules
Jan 25th, 2003, 12:22 PM
The closest i know of is i went to Alton Towers a theme park in the UK and i went on a ride called Oblivion which is a roller coaster which you drop to the ground face first.

Anyway i got to the bit where you are suspended in mid air for about 4 seconds and the restrant holding me in clicked and i thought 'Shit i'm going to die' but thankm god it did not break!

Berlin_Calling
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:06 PM
I never almost died but I can say both of my sisters almost died.
My oldest sister almost died in a severe car accident when she fractured her neck. :eek:
My other sister almost died during a very severe case pf pneumonia :eek:

Nikki
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:20 PM
I nearly drowned in the sea when I was little.

Steam
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Well, don't know about almost dying but this is what of when reading the thread title. A few years ago I was driving on a highway in the right lane when all of a sudden some jackass comes into the lane as well. I had no clue what to do. I was forced onto the shoulder and slammed on the breaks. However, I didn't stop. I ended up going across the highway, almost hitting a barrier that was set up for the bridge above and doing a 360. I ended up on the median completely spent and not knowing what the fuck just happened. Luckily, no cars were coming as I spun out or I would have been screwed. After a minute or so to compose myself I pulled back onto the highway to finish my journey.

BigB0882
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Steam, I know how that feels!

I was driving down the interstate late one night and suddenly a car was heading right down my lane!!! Not only was this car dark (making it harder to see) but they also had their headlights turned off! I luckily had just switched lanes and didnt have to dodge it, but plenty of people up ahead had clearly had to dart off the road and were scattered everywhere.

One more thing, the other night I had a panic attack. One thing about panic attacks is you think you are going to die. So, I certainly felt like I almost died the other night although I am sure I was perfectly fine.

Luna_Angel_84
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Nope, not so far and I hope nothing like that happens to me! :o

toreador
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:14 PM
first time in the rollercoaster - i thought i would die ;)
nothing serious has happened to me

toreador
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:19 PM
:eek: i remember!!! back in the end of 1998 i was having really bad stomachaches and i went to the hospital and they diagnosed me-idk what it's called but it's worm on the right side of ur tummy-...the doctor said that the next day i could have been dead!

Luna_Angel_84
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Eurgh, souns horrid S_A!

Anyway I probably will be dead as soon as I step on a plane in a few months- see my confidence in the world of avaiation? :p

HAIL-VENUS
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Mrs. Guga, did they ever find out what happened to you that night? Anyway, the closest I've been to dying was when I was 4yrs old and almost drawned in the bathtub. My mom had put me in the water and told me that she'd be right back, and not to play in the tub. As soon as she walked out of the bathroom door, I turned over on my stomach and pretended to be swimming. I remember that I swallowed a huge gulp of water because I didn't know that I was supposed to hold my breath. The next thing I know, I'm laying on the bathroom floor and my dad is giving me mouth to mouth. I obviously had just come to because I don't remember anything between swallowing that water and laying on the floor. Suddenly, water just started coming out of my mouth and nose, and I couldn't stop coughing. As soon as I caught my breath, I started laughing. Never the less, my mom whipped my ass for disobeying her. Ofcourse, I was alright, but I never learned to swim. It's not that I'm afraid of water or anything because I still play around in the pool. I just never took proper lessons.

toreador
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Luna_Angel_84
Eurgh, souns horrid S_A!

Anyway I probably will be dead as soon as I step on a plane in a few months- see my confidence in the world of avaiation? :p

actually the worst thing was that i couldn't take a shower for a week...+ the fuckin' hospital...not even one young girl:(

LeonHart
Jan 26th, 2003, 06:51 AM
I almost died once, when i wuz small i jumped into the swimming pool, and my dad had to rescue me out ;), then after when my sister wuz watching, she fell in the pool too...so after my dad took me out he went after my sister :p

SM
Jan 26th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Hey Joshie. I also had meneingitis(bacterial) when i was very young and if i had been diagnosed a few days later couldve lead to amputation, brain damage, or worse :S. I had to have some operation where they removed bone marrow from my spine or something. Lucky i dont remember much of this.

Another time i nearly drownded.coming from me this is EMBARESSING seeing i grew up on the beach and used to rescue others but one time it was me in big trouble! I entered when beach was closed cos it was too rough and there were many rips amounting to alot of danger....the sand bag i was on collapsed under my feet, it was constant sets of the biggest waves ive experienced personally, and i was totally drained to the stage where i could barely move...there were no freaks out there that day, luckily a guy came just intime to help otherwise ...