PDA

View Full Version : Who are the people behind all these messages?

Pages : [1] 2

ans
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Hello you all! I'm not brand new here but nevertheless I'm a quite "recent" member of this really really nice site. I'm actually a very curious girl and that's why I would like to ask you all who you really are and what age you are....You don't have to tell me if you don't want to of course! It's just that I'm wondering if you're all younger than I am or if there are any people of my age. Just out of curiosity...! Maybe I should start with myself: as you can see my name is Ans, I'm a true Belgian and I live in Leuven in a small flat. I'm already(?) 22 and I finished my studies last year. Now I'm teaching French-English and history to pupils of 12-15. I'm a true Kim-fan...I might say kind of a freak:) but I noticed all people here are more or less kim freaks. So...feel free to respond to this thread but of course you don't have to "reveil" your identity See ya:wavey:

-------

[Mod message]

Use of this thread:

please use this thread only to present yourself a bit, and to briefly react on what was posted in here.

This thread has been created to find info about posters instead of having to read through pages and pages in the 'first post for newbies' thread, where one can find heaps of welcome posts.

Other or further chat can go on in the 'Just talk thread', where we certainly can use some chatting!

Sorry to bring this message but I like to keep some organisation in here, to help finding your way through things in the Lounge as fast as you can.

Your mod (in an ordening obsession day :p)

E. Blackadder
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:49 PM
I'm Bram :wavey:
16 years old, Els and Kim fan, following Economics-Math, living in Bruges :D Feel free to ask more and welcome to the board :kiss:

Lleyki
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Hi :wavey:

I'm Elke, 16 years old and I live in Leuven too :D
Where do you teach?
I'm following Latin-modern languages

Lleykimmy1
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Hi !!

Welcome here !! My name's Christel and I'm from Switzerland. I'm 18 years old and I'm a big big big big Kim fan !!! I also love Lleyton ! I'm in an economic school and have 5 months until my exams ....

Lleyki
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:00 PM
good luck with your exams, christel ;)

~|Naomi|~
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:37 PM
Hi:wavey:

I'm Naomi and I am 17 years old and I live in Australia. I am in first year of University

angele87
Jan 25th, 2003, 12:31 AM
Hi Ans :wavey: Welcome to the board!!

I'm Angele and Im 15 years old ( youngest in here so far :p ) I'm from Canada ( one of the french speaking towns) and I'm still in high school of course :) Exams coming up next week though :(

I'm a HUGE fan of both Lleyton and Kim and I love them together as a couple :hearts: :hearts: People tend to call me Queen Goober since I'm sappy and gooberish about everything that has to do with Lleyton and Kim lol

keta
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:02 AM
:wavey: Welcome Ans, Im Nikita Im 15 (the youngest so far along with Angie!) and live in Australia. The year im starting me TEE which is exams to see if i can get into Uni im doing History, Economics, Geography, Foundations of Maths, English and Media Studies. ALthough my exams are in the second week of wimby ! :o:o

Im also a Huge lleyton and kim fan and my room is covered in lleyton and kim stufff. I dont know why i like them soo much i just think its amazing what they doo!!

Hi Ans :wavey:
My name is An, I'm 18 and also live in Leuven (Leuven-people are definately in the majority here!). I'm in my first year of university, germanic philology. I like that a lot.
hey Elke, I also followed Latin-modern languages. Great choice, if you ask me! Ans, where do you teach?

I root for all the belgian players, but especially Kim.

sanstamtam
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Hello

I'm Amélie I'm 16 and I live in Bastogne in the south of Belgium.
I'm following math-sciences- modern languages and i would like to become an interpreter.

I'm a real lleyki:hearts: :hearts:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:18 AM
I'm Nwando. I am a moderator here although I have done no work lately and I am truly pathetic for that. I have to spend less time fighting for no reason in atpworld and spend less time in GM and Non-Tennis here. LOL!

I'm 18, from Washington DC, and I am a Lleyki!! I love Kim! I love Lleyton, and Lleyton gets sexier and sexier everyday!! He has the best tan. My God

I manage the men's tennis team at my university. I am in love with our German player.

Come-on-kim
Jan 25th, 2003, 09:26 AM
I'm Axel :wavey:

I'm from Belgium! Lessines, it's in Walonnie but near Flanders 2 km away! I live near Geraardsbergen!

I'm at the university in Brussels (ULB) and I'm learning commercial enginnering!

spiritfullfrog
Jan 25th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Hi :wavey:!!! I'm from Sydney Australia and am also a huge fan of Lleyton and of course Kim.

I'm even younger than Angele and Nikita, because I just turned 13 a couple of months ago! :p This means I'm starting my second year of high school in a week (I'm still on holiday :)).

nm_cb
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Hi
I'm Natasha and I'm from Perth, Australia. I'm also 13, but will be 14 in March. I'm still on holidays too. I'm starting my second year of high school as well.

Cilla
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:51 AM
:wavey: Hello Ans! My name is Cilla, I'm 18 years old and I come from a live in London! I am at college doing English Lit, Media and History but will start university in September & I am a huge Kim and Lleyton Fan (A Lleyki :D)

Welcome to the board and have fun! :wavey:

Bigkimfan
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Hi!:wavey:

I'm dimitri, I'm 15 years old. I live in Kinrooi (about 3 km from bree;)) and I follow technic-science.

Jan 25th, 2003, 11:16 AM
:wavey: everyone

Name: Jackie
Another Kim and Lleyton fan: Yes

-Fienesse-
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Hi, I'm Fien, 19 years old and I live in Wetteren, Belgium. I study translator German-Danish in Brussels and my hobbys are scouts, singing, languages, travelling and watching tennis...And off course I have the honnour to be a Kim-Freak!!!:wavey:

valentine
Jan 25th, 2003, 12:13 PM
hello!
I'm from belgium. I live near Brussels, I'm 17. I'm a big fan of both Lleyton and Kim!

Mazza
Jan 25th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Im Marie but most people call me Mazza. I am 16 and I've got 4 months left at High School (then nasty ultra important exams :( ) after which I am going to college to hopefully study Physical Education, Human Biology, English lang/lit and Sociology. Oh! I am from Worthing in England!

And yes, I am a HUGGGGGGEEEEEE Lleyton and Kim fan and love them to pieces!

tfannis
Jan 25th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Hi Ans :)

I'm Lotte...I don't post that much in here, I'm what they call a 'voyeur', but I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge Kim fan :D

I'm from Overijse, near Brussels. I'm 19 years old...20 within to months :) I'm studying Biology in Ghent and I'm having exams right now :o

And where do you teach in Leuven? :D

Elleke
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:08 PM
hey :)
I'm Elke (another one :p) I'm 15 years old and also live in Leuven...
cya all :wavey:

Stefke
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Hi!!! I'm Stefanie, 15yr old, I live in Temse (Belgium) and I'm following Latin-Maths although I don't like Latin very much:p
I'm obsessed by: Lleyton Hewitt, Kim Clijsters, Club Brugge and music!
I hate: Predators:p and Anderlecht:fiery:
Bram you're from Brugge!!:eek:Do you know a certain Matthias (:hearts:) by accident?? He lives in Brugge too and he's as old as you are!!!!!

msimunic
Jan 25th, 2003, 03:04 PM
Hi!I' m actually new here (I'm a member from November but this is my first post).I'm a really big Kim-fan and I love Lleyton too.My name is Marina.
I'm a student and I live in Croatia (It's near Italy, Goran Ivanisevic is croat, I hope you know him)
I love this site and this forum very much:)
And I'm 22

Wimanna
Jan 25th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Hey!!!

My name is Wim, 21 years old, soon 22 (March 2nd). I live in Weelde, close to Turnhout. I quitted school because of sickness when I was in the 6th grade Human-Sciences Modern Languages (Is dat de vertaling? Mens-Wetenschappen)... Kim and Justine are my absolute top faves!!! But I also support the other Belgians offcourse. Other fave sporters non-tennis; Joel Smets, Tom van Loon, Freddy Loix and François Duval.

Elleke
Jan 25th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Stefke

I'm obsessed by: Lleyton Hewitt, Kim Clijsters, Club Brugge and music!

club brugge heerst :D

kit
Jan 25th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Hi!!!
My name is Inga and I'm 14years old.15 years on 30.january!!! ;) ;) ;)
I come from Germany and I'm a very big fan of Lleyton and Kim!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ans
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Well, thanks for all the information, now I know who the people behind these names are:) and I also realise that I'm one of the eldest in here...and I'm only 22;) I'm teaching in Mechelen at the moment, it's a temporary job...I really hope to teach in one of the school in Leuven: Sancta-Maria, St-Pieters-college,...we'll see....maybe I'll meet one of you there ....than we could start a Kim-club in school:p It's really fun to see that people from all over the world are visiting this board. And Cilla, how is sunny London? I studied in Birmingham last year and I visisted London but the weather was just awful!!! But...wonderful city! Good luck to those who are still in exams:bounce:

Cilla
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by ans
And Cilla, how is sunny London? I studied in Birmingham last year and I visisted London but the weather was just awful!!! But...wonderful city!

lol :o Well you'd be right the weather is pretty bad most of the time :o It's usually pretty dull and grey and we only get a little sun in the summer :( It is a pretty nice city, if only for the shopping ;) How did you find Birmingham? I've never been there myself.

:wavey:

Annie
Jan 25th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Hello every1!
I want to add myself to this lleyki list (great idea), even though i don't post here that often. And i wanna thank you for keeping up this great message board....

I'm from Helsinki,Finland. (northern Europe, next to Sweden,if someone has problems knowing where it is....) I'm a huge lleyki as so many others here and i must say i'm especially jealous to you australians, because my dream of some years (which i will fullfill) has been traveling to Australia. So i can say i'm a fan of australia also... (belgium too...) :)

pruts
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:04 PM
hi :wavey: i'm lore i live in Belgium and i think i'm the youngest ,i'm 14 and 2 months.
and i'm a real lleyton and kim freak.
And i follow moderne-economie.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:06 AM
You're all so cute it and young!

angele87
Jan 26th, 2003, 01:41 AM
Aren't you gonna tell us anything about you Nwando? :p

Primula
Jan 26th, 2003, 08:26 AM
I'm 19 years old and I'm living near Brussels ! I'm studying criminologyzt the university of Brussels. I'm in my second year and ... wednesday is my last exam !! Jippie :D

And I'm a huge Kim and Lleyton fan, but I do like a lot of sports: tennis, soccer, swimming, figureskating, cycling ....

Megli
Jan 26th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Hey all,

I not often post here, but maybe some of you know me of atpworld (my nickname there is Legolas)
My name is Yvonne, I'm 18 years old and I live in Roermond (it's in Holland, but near Belgium).
My hobbys are watching sport (especially tennis) and watching lord of the rings :)

Zoecrick
Jan 26th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Hi I am called Zoe im obsessed with them both im out of work at the mo!! im 21 in march and live in Cheltenham ,England!!!!:) :)

Elke
Jan 26th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Hello!:wavey:
My name is Elke, I live in Bilzen, I'm 22 and I work in Antwerp @ NMBS (but it's not my fault the trains are too late!:o)
I'm a Leyki, I'll go to Antwerp, to Fed cup in Bree and probably 1 or 2 days to RG.:D

Lynnsha
Jan 26th, 2003, 05:56 PM
HI, :wavey:

My name is Yanith and I'm 20 years old.:)

I live in France and of course I'm a big Lleyki. :kiss:

:worship: :worship: To All The Lleyki :worship: :worship:

Kornelija
Jan 26th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Hi guys. Nice to meet you.

my name and nick are the same-Kornelija. I am 16.
But most important thing is I'm a huge Kim fan and LLeyton of course. :bounce: :bounce:

Emza
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:27 AM
I guess this is a very appropriate subject for my first post. :)
I am 14 and live in QLD, Australia. I guess that makes me one of the youngest on here.

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
A big HI to everyone, anyway. I guess I am a kimfreak, my whole family is. I love hearing anything about Kim, she is just about my absolute fav player onthe tour at the mo.

Just wondering one thing? All the people who post on here from Belgium, and those who live in non English speaking countries, is there a translation button or something? Do you learn English in school?

This is a fav pic of Kim of mine, because I want to a career in Sports Journalism. I refuse to be one of those tabloid reporters. I resolve to tell only the truth, and that truth I will hear only straight from the horses mouth. (Hopefully Kim will still be playing by then
;)

Seeya!

I can't tell you anything about the other countries, but yes, in Belgium we do get English in high-school. From the second year onwards, if I'm not mistaken. At least 2 hours a week, if you really get into it and choose to study languages it can go up to 3 hours.

Katja
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:37 AM
hello everyone,

I'm Katja, 23 years old (one of the oldest in here I think), I live in Brussels and I'm an interpreter.

I like Kim (of course), but I'm also a fan of Club Brugge.

Fieke
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:47 AM
My name is Sofie, I'm 22 and from Belgium but currently studying in the UK (Hull). I'm a Kim fan, but since I met Elke last week, I've become a huge Elke fan.
I don't post here very often (I'm also a bit of a 'voyeur' ;) ) but I really like reading what everybody is posting.
See you around!

tfannis
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Emza :)....we get English at school, like karma said, but I think I speak for most Belgians here when I say we learn most of our English by watching tv :o Every American soap/movie is shown in it's original version here :)

msimunic
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Hi Emza!:) In Croatia we have probably a different school system but we get english in primary school(1 hour)and then in high-school(2 or 3 hours) but we don't speak so well as Belgians do.In some parts of the country people speak italian (because we live near Italy)and german.

Hawk
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Hello Everyone :wavey:

My name is Ileana, i'm 20 years old and i'm from Montreal, Canada :) I'm a software developer, so I guess i'm a bit of a computer nerd :o :p I'm a huge fan of Kim and Lleyton too :D

*Kate*
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:27 PM
I'm Katherine or Katie, I go by Kate mostly. I'm 15 which would make me a sophomore in high school. I live in southern California, I'm half English half American but I'm more English influenced than American because of my mum and her side of the family. I'm another fan of Kim and Lleyton.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 28th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by angele87
Aren't you gonna tell us anything about you Nwando? :p

i did, :p, it's up there

Lisbeth
Jan 28th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Hi everyone, especially the new people,
Looks like I'm the "team grandma" - I'm 30!! I live in Sydney, Australia and I work right in the middle of town at Circular Quay. I can see the opera house and harbour bridge out the window - it's really very cool!

nicky
Jan 28th, 2003, 07:25 AM
Hi Number1Kim, glad I'm not the only thirtysomething overhere!

I'm Annick, and I'm the oldest so far; 35 already. I live in Antwerp, and work here as an accountant. The view from my window is not so spectacular unfortunately...

Greetings to all of you!:wavey:

katelijn
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:20 AM
my name is katelijn and I'm 21 years old. I"m from holland and study psychology and law at the university. I have been a fan of both kim and lleyton since 3 years beginning of 2000:bounce:

Brαm
Jan 28th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Hi :wavey: My name is Bram and I'm 18, will turn 19 in october of this year. I've been a fan of Kim's since Wimbledon 1999 (her 3rd round victory over Coetzer was such a surprising upset :D :eek: ). I'm also a fan of Elke, Justine & the other Belgian girls (see signature), but Kim's still my no.1.
To be honest, I was quite upset and angry with her after she blew that 5-1 lead against Serena in Melbourne (due to dissappointment I guess), but I'm sure I'll cheer her to victory in Antwerp next month. Being a fan doesn't mean supporting your favourite only when she's winning, but also when she's losing right? :)
I'm in the 6th year. My hobbies are tennis (noooooo? ;)), going out and listening to music. Besides tennis, I also like to play badminton, tabletennis, volleyball & baseball.
Ok, I'll stop now, please do wake up!
Bye, fellow Kimaniacs!! :wavey:

Lisbeth
Jan 28th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Hi Nicky :wavey:

I'm pleased to see you too!

Bram_born84 - I agree! We're not fairweather fans around here! Don't worry, I'm sure Kim will have more opportunities and be stronger next time :)

sweetheart
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Hi guys its nice to meet you all. I'm Maddy, 18 from Manchester, England and in my last year of college. :)
I am a total Kim and Lleyton fan, and am not really interested in any of the other players. I really hope that soon they will both be number 1 in the world- wouldn't that be the greatest? - so romantic! :kiss:

Belgium = Best
Jan 29th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by bram_born84
Hi :wavey: My name is Bram and I'm 18, will turn 19 in october of this year. I've been a fan of Kim's since Wimbledon 1999 (her 3rd round victory over Coetzer was such a surprising upset :D :eek: ). I'm also a fan of Elke, Justine & the other Belgian girls (see signature), but Kim's still my no.1.
To be honest, I was quite upset and angry with her after she blew that 5-1 lead against Serena in Melbourne (due to dissappointment I guess), but I'm sure I'll cheer her to victory in Antwerp next month. Being a fan doesn't mean supporting your favourite only when she's winning, but also when she's losing right? :)
I live in Harelbeke, which is a town in West-Flanders, Belgium (about 26,000 ppl living there) and I go to school in Kortrijk (one of the bigger cities in West-Flanders). I'm in the 6th year of Economics-Modern Languages, although I hate the economics classes. My teacher's so boring and obsessed with the world economy zzz! I love languages though, especially English :hearts: Next year I'd like to do something with languages at uni, perhaps Master degree in Germanic languages, not sure yet.
My hobbies are tennis (noooooo? ;)), going out (mostly in Kortrijk) and listening to music. Besides tennis, I also like to play badminton, tabletennis, volleyball & baseball.

i am Bram 's brother and i am 12 jears old ( young :angel: )
:wavey: :worship: :wavey:

Cilla
Jan 29th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Belgium = Best
i am Bram 's brother and i am 12 jears old ( young :angel: )
:wavey: :worship: :wavey:

Wow :D Nice to meet you :wavey:

12 aww :angel:

pcabenojar
Jan 30th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Hi! I'm Paz from the Philippines. I live in Manila. I'm also one of the oldies here, I'm turning 24 in a couple of months.

I'm also a Lleyki. .... I love to watch Kim but unfortunately I only have limited coverage, mostly they air the 4 grandslams, fed cup , davis cup & most of the TMS.

How I wish I also have Eurosport...luckily we have sites & message boards like this, I really appreciate all those articles/updates with translations from Ingrid, Tinnie and the rest. Thanks so much!

baico
Jan 30th, 2003, 07:24 AM
Hi All

I am frederik, i am 18 years old en live in Knokke (Belgium).

I am a Kim fan (also Justine, and all the other Belgians) since i met her in Knokke (Sanex Trophy 1999). She was so nice. I have a lot of stuff of Kim in my room, like posters, towels, signatures an many other stuff.

ans
Jan 31st, 2003, 03:53 PM
looks like I'm not the eldest in here;)

Bigkimfan
Jan 31st, 2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by baico
Hi All

I am frederik, i am 18 years old en live in Knokke (Belgium).

I am a Kim fan (also Justine, and all the other Belgians) since i met her in Knokke (Sanex Trophy 1999). She was so nice. I have a lot of stuff of Kim in my room, like posters, towels, signatures an many other stuff.

me too!!!:D

baico
Jan 31st, 2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Bigkimfan
me too!!!:D

also in Knokke???? or what do you mean by "me too"?? :angel:

kevijntje
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:07 PM
hey i'm kevin , i'm 21 years old and i live in mechelen , Belgium ( mechelen = the soccerteam where lei clijsters played ;) ) i study economics at uni and i'm a huge tennisfan and especially in general but my faves are kim and lleyton offcourse ! they 're the best :worship: :worship: :worship:

and here is my pic if anyones intrested

kevijntje
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by ans
Well, thanks for all the information, now I know who the people behind these names are:) and I also realise that I'm one of the eldest in here...and I'm only 22;) I'm teaching in Mechelen at the moment, it's a temporary job...I really hope to teach in one of the school in Leuven: Sancta-Maria, St-Pieters-college,...we'll see....maybe I'll meet one of you there ....than we could start a Kim-club in school:p It's really fun to see that people from all over the world are visiting this board. And Cilla, how is sunny London? I studied in Birmingham last year and I visisted London but the weather was just awful!!! But...wonderful city! Good luck to those who are still in exams:bounce:

which school in mechelen? , i studied in sint rombouts college

bp369306
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:11 PM
hey you all ,
my name is Joke and Iam 14 ( the 14th of june I'll become 15)
I live in Duffel , near lier and Mechelen
Of course I am a huge fan of Kim!
do you want to see my picture ?
Well here it is ... :p :D
greetz
:worship:

ans
Feb 8th, 2003, 11:02 AM
which school in mechelen? , i studied in sint rombouts college

No, Kevin, I'm not teaching in St Rombouts College, but in the Ursulinen, suppose you know it too, it's quite a big school. I like it there and I don't want to leave but it's only a temporary job. In whose school can I come and teach...? I promise I will prepare a lesson about Kim....in French ('cause I'm teaching French):D :D

kevijntje
Feb 9th, 2003, 02:27 PM
yeah i know it , i spend much time there in front of the gates :D

ans
Feb 9th, 2003, 02:30 PM
yeah i know it , i spend much time there in front of the gates

LOL:D :D

Aussie_Kim
Feb 10th, 2003, 04:26 AM
Hi! My name's Amanda & I am 17 almost 18! I live in Perth WA, & I was lucky enough 2 go 2 the Hopman Cup reccently & see Kim & Lleyton play. I am still on holz cos I don't start uni 4 a few weeks. I'm a huge Leyki fan! I luv Lleyton being Aussie & I've liked Kim since she 1st came 2 Hopman in 2000. She's a real talented player & I think she & Lleyton r soo cute 2gether! I originally started liking them cos I had a lot of bad experiences with guys & I thought there was no hope in hell of finding a guy who was sweet & adorable @ such a young age. Kimmie proved me wrong!
Oh well I guess that's bout it.
:bounce: :bounce: :wavey: Go Kim:wavey: :bounce: :bounce:
Good luck 4 Antwerp!

marcria
Feb 14th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by nicky
Hi Number1Kim, glad I'm not the only thirtysomething overhere!

I'm Annick, and I'm the oldest so far; 35 already. I live in Antwerp, and work here as an accountant. The view from my window is not so spectacular unfortunately...

Greetings to all of you!:wavey:

Hi ! :wavey: I am Ria. Just turned 44 last week - which makes me definitely the oldest ! :rolleyes: I am a huge Kim and Lleyton fan together with my daughter Els which is as old as Kim !:bounce: I work at the European Commission in Brussels.
Nice to read your comments and getting to know you.
See you soon !

nicky
Feb 16th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Ria, you just made my day ;) .

Please feel very welcome here!

Majo
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:56 PM
hi!

I'm Marjolein, almost 17 (in march), and live in antwerp (not the city itself, but as we call it "de linkeroever" :))

I study latin-modern languages, and do theatre (will be performing in eleven days from now!!!), tennis, and volleyball...
I also love to sing, and am secretly hoping to bring out a cd one day... (keep an eye on me ;))

I'm a huge kim-fan, and very competitive when watching her play :bounce: (but I guess you guys all know that feeling...)

if you want to see my pic, here's the link to my site (it's mostly in dutch, sorry for the ones who don't speak that) (if you ask nicely, i'll send you a translation in english or something like that ;))

http://coolasl.com/majonijntje

cya!!!:kiss:

Zoecrick
Feb 25th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Hey ive been posting in here for quite a while and i keep skipping over this bit but here goes: im called Zoe im from the sunny old Uk im 21 in march i enjoy watching tennis but cant play it i like listening to music and going shopping is my all time favourite pastime (just like Kim and alll the other girlies in here i expect) !! I love Lleyton but i think Kim is an amazing person i aalso love Tim Henman!!! My life is pretty dull at the mo looking for a job hopefully got one lined up in June JUly although that ll be just in time for Wimby!! I rattle on a lot about a big heap of nothing i love this lounge and everyone in it im just sorry i cant help much with translating or finding articles in the UK they hardly cover tennis at all!! Anyway sorry for babbling on love me xxx

Ashie_87
Feb 26th, 2003, 01:20 AM
:wavey: hello!!!:)
I'm Ashleigh (But my friends call me Bella) and I'm 15 in 10th grade at high school:fiery: I live in Sydney Australia and apart from the usual school topics (BORING!) i do commerce, legal studies and social studies.
When i leave school i want to be either a primary school teacher or a social worker/youth worker.
Im a serious Kim and Lleyton freak and my friends think I'm loopy:rolleyes: (dunno why but:rolleyes: )
I've only recently become tennis-obsessed but its catching on quickly so hmm...having to fund my obsession is becoming a problem:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

KaseyL
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Welcome, you all! (in case I've forgotten a few in here)

KaseyL
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by marcria
Hi ! :wavey: I am Ria. Just turned 44 last week - which makes me definitely the oldest ! :rolleyes: I am a huge Kim and Lleyton fan together with my daughter Els which is as old as Kim !:bounce: I work at the European Commission in Brussels.
Nice to read your comments and getting to know you.
See you soon !

Ria,

I think I can safely state that you deserve the honourary title of Senior CCLounger!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

marcria
Feb 27th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by KaseyL
Ria,

I think I can safely state that you deserve the honourary title of Senior CCLounger!

Hi Kasey,

I am hounored to be the odest one...

Folks, have you read the article on the visit of Kim at the Scottsdale hostpital? Isn't she adorable?:angel: :angel: :angel:

Ria

Elleke
Mar 1st, 2003, 05:54 PM
LoL! Stel u voor dat gij zo mijn toekomstige leerkracht zijt!

ans
Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:08 PM
LoL! Stel u voor dat gij zo mijn toekomstige leerkracht zijt!
ge kunt nooit weten, he elke ;) Begin maar alvast in het frans te oefenen, "ik ben een enorme fan van kim clijsters :wavey:

gentenaire
Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:56 AM
Another quick introduction:

I'm Tine, 24, live in Leuven in a small loft, PhD student (Civil engineering). I usually just lurk here (another voyeur;) ).

Elleke
Mar 3rd, 2003, 10:15 AM
ge kunt nooit weten, he elke ;) Begin maar alvast in het frans te oefenen, "ik ben een enorme fan van kim clijsters :wavey:
LoL.. je suis uh uh.. de Kim clijsters.

ans
Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:48 PM
LoL.. je suis uh uh.. de Kim clijsters.
woeps, dat ik het eigenlijk zelf niet weet :D in de woordenboek staat "un fan", maar dat klinkt best wel onnozel ;)

Elleke
Mar 4th, 2003, 07:55 PM
LOL je suis un fan énorme de Kim Clijsters ofzoiets :o
ok ik zal het nu al toegeven 'k ben nie goed in Frans :o;)

ans
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:26 AM
LOL je suis un fan énorme de Kim Clijsters ofzoiets :o
ok ik zal het nu al toegeven 'k ben nie goed in Frans :o;)

geen probleem, wanneer ik uw leerkracht ben, dan zal uw frans ineens veel beter zijn. Ik kan altijd een oogske dichtknijpen voor de kim-fans he, maar sjjjjt, niks zeggen tegen de rest dan ;) :D :wavey:

Majo
Mar 6th, 2003, 04:35 PM
geen probleem, wanneer ik uw leerkracht ben, dan zal uw frans ineens veel beter zijn. Ik kan altijd een oogske dichtknijpen voor de kim-fans he, maar sjjjjt, niks zeggen tegen de rest dan ;) :D :wavey:

komt ge dan bij mij ook les geve aub? ;)

ans
Mar 6th, 2003, 07:48 PM
komt ge dan bij mij ook les geve aub? ;)
ok, geen probleem, ge moet alleen wel effe uw lerares frans van de trap gooien ofzo en dan kan ik haar komen vervangen ;)

Elleke
Mar 6th, 2003, 09:15 PM
sorry majo, hij komt naar mijn school :p

ans
Mar 7th, 2003, 09:19 AM
sorry majo, hij komt naar mijn school :p

LOL, moet ik jullie effe teleurstellen seg, ik ben allesbehalve een mannelijke leerkracht, voor zover ik weet ;) ;) ;)

Majo
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:29 PM
LOL, moet ik jullie effe teleurstellen seg, ik ben allesbehalve een mannelijke leerkracht, voor zover ik weet ;) ;) ;)

ik wist da, ik wist da, ik wist da!!!! :)

en 't is goe hoor, kom m'n leerkracht frans maar vervangen, want ze is al meer dan twee maanden afwezig... :sad: (c'est par ca que mon francais est si mauvais :D )

Elleke
Mar 11th, 2003, 04:58 PM
LoL haha!
ok ZIJ komt naar mijn school :p

Elleke
Mar 11th, 2003, 05:00 PM
ik wist da, ik wist da, ik wist da!!!! :)

en 't is goe hoor, kom m'n leerkracht frans maar vervangen, want ze is al meer dan twee maanden afwezig... :sad: (c'est par ca que mon francais est si mauvais :D )
gaan we vechten ja?? ze komt naar mijn school :p

Majo
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:32 PM
gaan we vechten ja?? ze komt naar mijn school :p

allé vooruit, 't is goe... :p (mijn eigen leerkracht is intusse toch trug :))

wees maar lief, beleefd en ongelofelijk braaf bij ans :D en maak gelijk maar wa gebruik van't feit da jullie alletwee grandioze kim-fans zijn! ;)
(just kidding of course :p)

kzou zo zegge:
toedels! :kiss: :kiss:

ans
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:30 PM
LOL :D ok, ik kom dus écht wel he, bij Pasen loopt mijn interim in mechelen af en tis nie simpel om zomaar iets anders te vinden. Ik heb nu dees vakantie mijn examen opgesteld voor het tweede jaar: ze moeten de juiste tijd invullen in een tekstje over Kim, ik heb ik keilang aan die oefening gewerkt. Tvalt ook niet op dat ik tennisfan ben zeker? :p

Thea
Mar 14th, 2003, 02:11 PM
:wavey: everybody ,

I´m Thea and I´m 18 years old. I live in Zoetermeer (that's in the Netherlands!) and I'm proud to admit that I'm a Lleyki!!!.

Effe voor alle nederlandstaligen........
Ik ben dus Nederlandse en het is supergrappig dat jullie met z'n alle de taal uit onze twee kleine landjes spreken..... :D

Thea (dit was pas mijn tweede berichtje!!!!)

Elleke
Mar 15th, 2003, 02:04 PM
hey welcome thea! :wavey:

Elleke
Mar 15th, 2003, 02:05 PM
hehe zalig ans! :D

Cilla
Mar 21st, 2003, 08:53 PM
Welcome Thea :D

Lynnsha
Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:54 PM
Welcome Thea :wavey:

Hagar
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Hi everyone, especially the new people,
Looks like I'm the "team grandma" - I'm 30!! I live in Sydney, Australia and I work right in the middle of town at Circular Quay. I can see the opera house and harbour bridge out the window - it's really very cool!

OMG! You are so lucky. I was in Sydney in January and absolutely loved it (and Australia). I saw Kim at the tourny in Sydney.

You are BTW not the oldest. I am 38 :eek: . My name is Hildegard, I live in Brussels and work for the European Union.
Kim is my favourite tennis player. Other faves are Justine, Els Callens, Mauresmo, Rubin.

KaseyL
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:59 AM
OMG! You are so lucky. I was in Sydney in January and absolutely loved it (and Australia). I saw Kim at the tourny in Sydney.

You are BTW not the oldest. I am 38 :eek: . My name is Hildegard, I live in Brussels and work for the European Union.
Kim is my favourite tennis player. Other faves are Justine, Els Callens, Mauresmo, Rubin.

Hildegard, you're not the oldest though...so far the title of Honourary Senior CCLounger stands with Ria, aka Marcria. :bounce:

btw it looks like there are more CCLoungers working for the EU. :cool:

KaseyL
Mar 26th, 2003, 11:08 AM
I'm a good one... :o I just realise I never posted about myself in here :o :o :o oops...:p

I've done some copy and pasting from what I did post about myself last year, before this Lounge was created.

Here's the updated version then: (better late than never) :o

---
I am Ingrid, one of the mods here, am another Belgian, origins in the green north-east of Flanders, in the middle-of-nowhere... Now living in Flemish Brabant. Love living in Belgium, but love to travel a lot too.

Tennisaddict since I was a little kid. Favourite player beyond any doubt is Kim (big surprise :p) above anyone else.
Why? Not only because of her fantastic game, which is never boring to me, but also because of her attitude, her character.

Who else? second favourite is Lleyton, not because of his relationship with Kim, but because of his own game which is absolutely great imo, never boring either. His love for Kim is simply the icing on the cake to me.

other favourites: I like the Rochus brothers, especially Olivier these days :hearts:, and also Xavier Malisse.
I follow up on Els Callens and all the Belgian players in fact. No longer a huge fan of Justine, though. I don't cheer for her anymore. Not being a fan of them, but I do enjoy watching Marat, Amelie, Ai...

More about me:
Have broad general interests outside tennis: too much in fact:
lover of nature/animals & all good things in life, photography, history, arts (esp. literature, music, film & poetry), adore travelling (frequent traveller due to job). Have friends in several countries, am a typical sagittarian according to friends (I prefer real science, though) ;

love a straight-forward, no-nonsense style, have a special liking for humour/irony, and as some on the board who know me can testify, I'm a nightmare when I start talking ...can go on about various subjects for hours... :o To my friends I’m usually the one they go to for advice or when in need of an ear.

My biggest challenge here on the board is to keep my number of posts down. (and get a backlog of Kim stuff finally online :o )

I like to keep the rest of my life quite off the board, so that's about it for the time being.

Your mod (yep, indeed, the wicked one :p )

Hagar
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:23 PM
I'm a good one... :o I just realise I never posted about myself in here :o :o :o oops...:p

I've done some copy and pasting from what I did post about myself last year, before this Lounge was created.

Here's the updated version then: (better late than never) :o

---
I am Ingrid, one of the mods here, am another Belgian, origins in the green north-east of Flanders, in the middle-of-nowhere... Now living in Flemish Brabant. Love living in Belgium, but love to travel a lot too.

Tennisaddict since I was a little kid. Favourite player beyond any doubt is Kim (big surprise :p) above anyone else.
Why? Not only because of her fantastic game, which is never boring to me, but also because of her attitude, her character.

Who else? second favourite is Lleyton, not because of his relationship with Kim, but because of his own game which is absolutely great imo, never boring either. His love for Kim is simply the icing on the cake to me.

other favourites: I like the Rochus brothers, especially Olivier these days :hearts:, and also Xavier Malisse.
I follow up on Els Callens and all the Belgian players in fact. No longer a huge fan of Justine, though. I don't cheer for her anymore. Not being a fan of them, but I do enjoy watching Marat, Amelie, Ai...

More about me:
lover of nature/animals & all good things in life, photography, history, arts (esp. literature, music, film & poetry), adore travelling (frequent traveller due to job). Have friends in several countries, am a typical sagittarian according to friends (I prefer real science, though) ;

love a straight-forward, no-nonsense style, have a special liking for humour/irony, and as some on the board who know me can testify, I'm a nightmare when I start talking ...can go on about various subjects for hours... :o To my friends I’m usually the one they go to for advice or when in need of an ear.

My biggest challenge here on the board is to keep my number of posts down. (and get a backlog of Kim stuff finally online :o )

I like to keep the rest of my life quite off the board, so that's about it for the time being.

Your mod (yep, indeed, the wicked one :p )

Ingrid, what kind of job do you do that allows you to travel often? Working for the WTA? :cool:

ans
Mar 28th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Hey Ingrid, thanks for posting! I was wondering when you were going to tell something about yourself ;) I'm only a member of this board since...I don't know....September? So I don't know so much about the moderators yet :wavey:

ans
Mar 28th, 2003, 02:46 PM
ok, since June :)

Fieke
Mar 28th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Just wondering Ans, did you go to the Birmingham tournament and / or Wimbledon last year?

ans
Mar 29th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Just wondering Ans, did you go to the Birmingham tournament and / or Wimbledon last year?
hello fieke,
no! I wish I did! But I was only in Birmingham from January until April. I didn't even get to see the Aussie Open on television because they didn't broadcast it so I was stuck behind the computer :) Hope I will go there once again to watch some tennis :wavey:

KaseyL
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:10 AM
Ingrid, what kind of job do you do that allows you to travel often? Working for the WTA? :cool:

wished I was :p

although I'd prefer to do the PR for some tennis players ;)

KaseyL
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:40 AM
Little note of your mod:

Dear CCL'ers,

It's great that this thread is growing :bounce: however:

please use this thread only to present yourself a bit, and to briefly react on what was posted in here.

This thread has been created to find info about posters instead of having to read through pages and pages in the 'first post for newbies' thread, where one can find heaps of welcome posts.

Other or further chat can go on in the 'Just talk thread', where we certainly can use some chatting! ;)

Sorry to bring this message but I like to keep some organisation in here, to help finding your way through things in the Lounge as fast as you can.

Your mod (in an ordening obsession day :D)

Elke
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:24 PM
wished I was :p

although I'd prefer to do the PR for some tennis players ;)
Working on it!;):cool:

Nathatennisgirl
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:08 PM
:wavey: HI , I 'm Nathalie , I 'm 16 years old and I 'm from Ninove, Belgium.
I study Latin-Math; but I hate Latin lol. My hobbies are playing tennis, listening to music and watching tennis ofcourse , just everything that's tennis .

-xxx-

Elke
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:18 PM
:wavey: Welcome aboard, Nathalie!:)

Fieke
Apr 5th, 2003, 10:33 PM
:wavey: HI , I 'm Nathalie , I 'm 16 years old and I 'm from Ninove, Belgium.
I study Latin-Math; but I hate Latin lol. My hobbies are playing tennis, listening to music and watching tennis ofcourse , just everything that's tennis .

-xxx-
:wavey: Welcome
Ninove, that's cool :) I like people from that place since my boyfriend grew up there ;)

dragamuffin
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Hello to everyone! To Ans: I've read your thread and here's my answer:
I'm a 26 years 'young' ;) girl from Belgium. I've only been on the net for a few weeks, and I'm learning fast! I live in Beringen, and I'm a big fan of Kim :bounce:
I'm still looking to find my way in this world: I've studied natural medicine and I'm about to start yet another job.
As for other interest besides tennis: well, I like almost everything! One thing I am sure of, is that there just aren't enough hours in a day, especially when there's some big tennistournament on T.V. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I won't take up to much space. Bey to you all, and feel free to email me...

Majo
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Hello to everyone! To Ans: I've read your thread and here's my answer:
I'm a 26 years 'young' ;) girl from Belgium. I've only been on the net for a few weeks, and I'm learning fast! I live in Beringen, and I'm a big fan of Kim :bounce:
I'm still looking to find my way in this world: I've studied natural medicine and I'm about to start yet another job.
As for other interest besides tennis: well, I like almost everything! One thing I am sure of, is that there just aren't enough hours in a day, especially when there's some big tennistournament on T.V. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I won't take up to much space. Bey to you all, and feel free to email me...

hi there!! :wavey:

and of course: welcome! :kiss:

ans
Apr 10th, 2003, 02:31 PM
HELLO! Welcome, young girl ;)

thalle
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Welcome:wavey:

dragamuffin
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:31 PM
HELLO! Welcome, young girl ;)

:kiss: Well, thank you all for making me feel so welcome! It's rather nice, actually ;) No, seriously, please believe me when I say that I don't have that much experience on the net: my biggest fear is to do something wrong :sad: I know this sounds funny, but when you're studying natural medicine, the last thing you think about is an electronic thing...It wouldn't have been of big use in the outdoors, anyway :rolleyes:
So, I just wanted to let you guys (and girls, of course) know, that it's very much appreciated! Don't mind my future muck-ups: if it wasn't for Kim, I wouldn't be up here, anyway :p

Oh, and Ans: you've got some wicked sence of humor!! :angel:

ans
Apr 11th, 2003, 05:42 PM
:kiss: Well, thank you all for making me feel so welcome! It's rather nice, actually ;) No, seriously, please believe me when I say that I don't have that much experience on the net: my biggest fear is to do something wrong :sad: I know this sounds funny, but when you're studying natural medicine, the last thing you think about is an electronic thing...It wouldn't have been of big use in the outdoors, anyway :rolleyes:
So, I just wanted to let you guys (and girls, of course) know, that it's very much appreciated! Don't mind my future muck-ups: if it wasn't for Kim, I wouldn't be up here, anyway :p

Oh, and Ans: you've got some wicked sence of humor!! :angel:

hehe, I know ;)

Lynx
Apr 11th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Welcome dragamuffin. *sigh* Another woman. That must be 10 to 20 women for every man - and me, married :rolleyes:

I'm Mark. :)

dragamuffin
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:34 AM
So, Mark, women are in the majority here, hey??

Lynx
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:33 AM
So, Mark, women are in the majority here, hey??An overwhelming majority, yes. I don't think this "unbalance" exists (or is as strong) over all in WTAworld - but in the CCL there are barely any males (and a lot of them are not really regulars)... I've never exactly understood why. :confused: (Or else the males are the strong and silent kind :cool: )

DutchieGirl
Apr 13th, 2003, 04:29 PM
I live in Harelbeke, which is a town in West-Flanders, Belgium (about 26,000 ppl living there) and I go to school in Kortrijk (one of the bigger cities in West-Flanders). I'm in the 6th year of Economics-Modern Languages, although I hate the economics classes. My teacher's so boring and obsessed with the world economy zzz! I love languages though, especially English :hearts: Next year I'd like to do something with languages at uni, perhaps Master degree in Germanic languages, not sure yet.
My hobbies are tennis (noooooo? ;)), going out (mostly in Kortrijk) and listening to music. Besides tennis, I also like to play badminton, tabletennis, volleyball & baseball.

pff! :p You HAD to mention the match against Coetzer didn't you! I was so pissed at Kim for that match because Amanda finally did OK at WImby and then this unkown Belgian chick goes and beats her! :p Plus I wanted to see an Amanda-Steffi match in the 4th r. But since then I also watched Kim, because she even did OK against Steffi in the 4th r! ;)

DutchieGirl
Apr 13th, 2003, 04:34 PM
ok, geen probleem, ge moet alleen wel effe uw lerares frans van de trap gooien ofzo en dan kan ik haar komen vervangen ;)

:o oei! Das foei! :p

DutchieGirl
Apr 13th, 2003, 04:39 PM
More about me:

You're a Saggie too! When's your birthday?

ans
Apr 18th, 2003, 07:02 PM
:o oei! Das foei! :p

lol Ik weet het, mijn gemene karaktertrek kwam daar plots even boven :p :angel:

Elleke
Apr 20th, 2003, 04:21 PM
lol tsk tsk!

ikke
Apr 20th, 2003, 04:31 PM
I just realised that I never posted here :o
I'm Julie, 17 years old and I'm from Belgium.
I'm following science-maths (which is very boring :p) and I'm of course a Lleyki ;)

KaseyL
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:33 PM
You're a Saggie too! When's your birthday?
Dec 20

btw we have a whole list of birthdays in: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=60990

KaseyL
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:35 PM
Another woman. That must be 10 to 20 women for every man - and me, married :rolleyes:

I'm Mark. :)

ROFL

Souriska
Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:17 PM
Hi !

My name is Freya. I'm 15 years old and I live also (like many others) in Belgium. In Oud-Turnhout. I'm a very havy fan of Kim. And Lleyton ofcourse ! I've even a mousemat of them when they were kissing at wimbledon!

Elleke
Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:48 PM
hi freya! welcome!
wow that 's cool!

tournesol
Apr 28th, 2003, 03:15 PM
:wavey: hello,

i realized that although i met some of you on the men's tennis forum,
i've never introduced myself properly

my name's danielle, i was born in 1961 (do i qualify for the oldest member? :D )

i've got 2 boys (1988 and 1992); the whole family loves tennis with different fav players; mine are definitely lleyki

i live south of brussels (genval), i'm working in brussels

thanks all of you for making this forum such a great place

ans
Apr 28th, 2003, 03:22 PM

my name's danielle, i was born in 1961 (do i qualify for the oldest member? :D )

i've got 2 boys (1988 and 1992); the whole family loves tennis with different fav players; mine are definitely lleyki

i live south of brussels (genval), i'm working in brussels

thanks all of you for making this forum such a great place

Hello Danielle! I know, I was completely wrong when thinking I was the oldest in here ;)

Lien
May 2nd, 2003, 10:34 PM

My name is Katleen and I am also from Belgium (Asse).
I am sixteen years old (and seventeen on the 14 th :bounce: ) and I study latin-maths.
I am a fan of Kimmie since RG 2001 and a fan of lleyton since the us open 2001, that makes me a lleyki I guess.
I really like CCl, it a cosy place actually.

Kornelija
May 3rd, 2003, 05:59 PM
Hi I have also just realized I haven't posted here yet!(shame on me :( ).

Well, at first I think I am the ONLY LITHUANIAN FAN OF KIM. (though I haven't met any more Lithuanians in CCL. And they shouldn't show up cause I want to have that pride alone :devil: )
Anyway, I'm a fan of Kim for a very long time. I just didn't post here earlier. (shame on me once more :( ).
I'm a girl (i think it's clear, but anyway) and my real name is KORNELIJA. I'm also 16 years old and live in Lithuania, and my city is near the Baltic sea. I can also add I'm still going to school and my major subjects are chemistry, maths and biology.
I'm a real tennis fanatic, obsessed with Kim Clijsters and JC. (Lleyton is my second favourite in ATP). I actually play tennis ,not profesional, of course, and I enjoy it.

I'm very happy to see so many people who love tennis and Kim Clijsters!!
You are the best!!! :worship: :kiss:

ans
May 3rd, 2003, 08:33 PM
Lien, Kornelija :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

KaseyL
May 15th, 2003, 06:55 AM

:D Hi Danielle! Sorry, am afraid not: the title of honourary senior CCLounger is still with Ria (aka Marcria) so far.

Merel
May 28th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Hi again!
I'm Marleen/Merel from Belgium (Brussel). I'm 24, studied law and started working just a few months ago :rolleyes: No more RG during the day for me, I'd have to take a day off. I love tennis and I follow the Belgians on an almost daily basis. Maybe a bit weird, since I don't play tennis at all, I only played it a few times during holidays. On the other hand, I'm a volleyball player, meaning that I adore the game, I've been playing it in competition for over ten years now, but I never followed it like tennis, on the national or internationale level. What else? Sagitarian as well. I'm getting married next week! The timing could have been better: during the final of RG, I'll be saying yes to my boyfriend. But then, I don't think tennis will be on my mind that day! ;)

ans
May 28th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Hi again!
I'm Marleen/Merel from Belgium (Brussel). I'm 24, studied law and started working just a few months ago :rolleyes: No more RG during the day for me, I'd have to take a day off. I love tennis and I follow the Belgians on an almost daily basis. Maybe a bit weird, since I don't play tennis at all, I only played it a few times during holidays. On the other hand, I'm a volleyball player, meaning that I adore the game, I've been playing it in competition for over ten years now, but I never followed it like tennis, on the national or internationale level. What else? Sagitarian as well. I'm getting married next week! The timing could have been better: during the final of RG, I'll be saying yes to my boyfriend. But then, I don't think tennis will be on my mind that day! ;)

wow Merel, congratulations on your wedding, that's great! Tell us about it (we'll tell you about the final ;) ) :wavey:

Aussie_Kim
May 29th, 2003, 09:08 AM
I think I've introduced myself to most people but there seems to be new members everyday so I might as well introduce myself again and fill in the gaps as well ;)

Nothing as exciting as Merel though :sad:
I'm Amanda , born 21st June 1985 (meaning my 18th birthday is in about 3 weeks time). I am Australian living in Pertn WA.
I'm in my first year of Teaching Early Childhood (which means I will teach kids aged 3 to 8. I've alwaysed loved kids & wanted to be a teacher since I was little. Since my cousin said she was pregnant I've been baby crazy too.
I'm soo jealous of Merel, I would love to get married but have been sadly single for over a year since I broke up with my boyfriend ( who I had been best friends with since I was 12). Unfortunately there are no guys in my course (sometimes it feels like the whole state)!!
I am as my family says "obsessed" over tennis. I watch it when ever its on tv ,which isn't much :(
and I collect LLeyton, Kim pictures & articles & post it on my wardrobe doors.
Well thats about it & I've probably bored you all.
Btw, for the European people, is it best to visit Europe in the summer or winter. I'm desperate to go! But after DC final (I'm saving up for that) I wanna go to Europe cos I've never been. And my dad is dutch & my mum parents migrated from wales.
:wavey: C ya all soon

Aussie_Kim
May 29th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Even though I wanna get married, I'd say finals days for the slams are out of the question for day to get married ;)

Merel
May 30th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Thanks for your congratulations! We're having a very busy schedule for the moment, as our wedding will not be the typical thing. It's in the Ardens and we have to do everything ourselves: putting up the tent, cleaning up the place, installing the music and everything... Luckily we've got some friends who took a day off on wednesday and thursday to come over and help us. All our friends will sleep in an attic (hooizolder) nearby, so we can party all night and have a brunch together in the morning! The only thing making me a bit nervous is the Belgian weather: totally unpredictable. It's about 30 degrees now, but that doesn't mean a thing. It could be 10 degrees aswell as 30! We'll have to wait and see!

Merel
May 30th, 2003, 08:46 PM
And Aussie Kim, don't worry! You've still got plenty of time!

Lynx
May 31st, 2003, 02:44 AM
... Btw, for the European people, is it best to visit Europe in the summer or winter. I'm desperate to go! But after DC final (I'm saving up for that) I wanna go to Europe cos I've never been. And my dad is dutch & my mum parents migrated from wales.
:wavey: C ya all soon
Definitely in the summer (in your winter that is): june/july/august. Europe is not nearly as hot as Australia. In winter you'd probably freeze to death, lol - or at least you'd be fairly miserable.

Your dad is Dutch? So do you understand some of the Dutch here (which is the same as Flemish)?

If you ever come to Europe, try to do it like a lot of the Austranians do: if possible, come for several months. There are so many different countries and there is so much to see...

Well, I hope you'll make it some day. :)

Aussie_Kim
May 31st, 2003, 07:44 PM
Definitely in the summer (in your winter that is): june/july/august. Europe is not nearly as hot as Australia. In winter you'd probably freeze to death, lol - or at least you'd be fairly miserable.

Your dad is Dutch? So do you understand some of the Dutch here (which is the same as Flemish)?

If you ever come to Europe, try to do it like a lot of the Austranians do: if possible, come for several months. There are so many different countries and there is so much to see...

Well, I hope you'll make it some day. :)

I hope so too. I know some people who have been there & they've loved it. I love australia it is my home, but its so isolated here. The nearest big city to us (from Perth) is probably Adelaide (Lleytonville :hearts: ) & thats about a 3 hour plane ride away. The more I talk to people here the more I wanna go.

I don't really understand dutch, though my dad, his sisters & quite a few of my extended relatives speak it. We always go to the Dutch club (in Perth) for specially occasions like Dutch Christmas (St. Nicholas Ball & mother's day ). Sometimes the Dutch rellies ring & if mum & dad aren't home we're in big trouble. We can understand what they're saying but we don't know how to speak back in dutch. Its quite funny actually ;)

Mum has been talking about us all going there (before we both get boyfriends & can't bear to be taken away from them) but that would probably be in Dec/Jan cos thats when mum & dad get there holz. I'd prefer to go in June/July cos I get about 6 weeks off uni. Anywaz I hate winter (I'm sick of it already & it only started officially a few hours ago-June 1st).

Aussie_Kim
May 31st, 2003, 07:56 PM
And Aussie Kim, don't worry! You've still got plenty of time!

I know. My mums really funny, my cousin reccently had a baby boy & hes adorable & so I was walking around the house saying I want a baby which was enough to send my mother in to panic, although last week she was worried I'd become a nun. ;)

Cos I'm the oldest I'll get a nice big wedding provided for me from mum & dad. Aren't I lucky. :D

I know what you mean about the weather. It always rains on my birthday & this year we're having 60 people for lunch outside. I told mum I wanted something small NOT big. Somehow, I think she got a bit :confused:

azza
Jun 8th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Aaron is 14rs luvs kim

Majo
Jun 9th, 2003, 09:48 AM
Aaron is 14rs luvs kim

Aussie_Kim
Jun 19th, 2003, 03:01 PM
Hi Aaron :wavey:
& welcome

vlien
Jun 19th, 2003, 05:19 PM
i'm evelien and i'm 14 and 4 months old. :D i live in Sint-Joris-Winge but i go to school in Leuven. :wavey:

Aussie_Kim
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:05 PM
:wavey: Hi evelien
Welcome & enjoy your stay :)
I'm sure you will every-1 is very friendly & very nice. I've only been here since feb but 5 months later I dunno what I'd do without CCL. ;)

vlien
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:11 PM
:wavey: Hi evelien
Welcome & enjoy your stay :)
I'm sure you will every-1 is very friendly & very nice. I've only been here since feb but 5 months later I dunno what I'd do without CCL. ;)

hullow to you to :wavey: Aussie_Kim!I'm here one day and i like it here VERY much! :D its gonna be too cool here! :hearts:
greets :kiss:

Gabra
Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:09 PM

My name is Gabriela. I' 17 years old( i will have in October) and I'm from Poland. I'm big Lleyki fan since ever. They look so :hearts: together. I'm crazy about them and all my family is sick with this. I also like Andre Agassi, X-man, Rochus brothers ( they are brothers aren't they?), and I'm want Belgium to take Fed Cup. My hobby besides tennis is fotball. Especially I like FC Barcelona. My favorite football player are Patrick Kluivert :drool: and Zinedine Zidane :hearts: That's all about me. And for the last time HI :wavey:

P.S Sorry for mistakes but I'm not good at English

Majo
Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:27 PM

My name is Gabriela. I' 17 years old( i will have in October) and I'm from Poland. I'm big Lleyki fan since ever. They look so :hearts: together. I'm crazy about them and all my family is sick with this. I also like Andre Agassi, X-man, Rochus brothers ( they are brothers aren't they?), and I'm want Belgium to take Fed Cup. My hobby besides tennis is fotball. Especially I like FC Barcelona. My favorite football player are Patrick Kluivert :drool: and Zinedine Zidane :hearts: That's all about me. And for the last time HI :wavey:

well you've come to the right place to talk about kim and lleyton then, your family will be really glad about that ;)

chandra
Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:34 PM

Hi Gabriela! :wavey:

Hi every1
I've just realized I 've never posted some about me.
My real name isn't Chandra but Valerie.
I am from Belgium and also a real Lleyki. I am 18 and I am at Uni.
I like sports...tennis, horsebackriding...
this summer i will teach some children to ride, and i am really looking forward to it.

varkske
Jun 22nd, 2003, 03:22 PM
Hi everyone
My name is Bieke, 18 years old. My home is in Lummen(Limburg), but I study/live in Leuven. (commercial ingeneering?? handelsingenieur dus)
I think I'm a Kim fan like most Belgians (not a freak ;) ), I think it's amazing what she and justine have achieved! I think Lleyton's great too and they make a beautiful couple :hearts: !
For the rest, I'm a huge Manchester United fan!!!!!! (especially Ryan Giggs :cool: ) I think I'm just a fan of all typical english and aussie things, and I hope to travel around England and Australia once (or twice, or thrice :bounce: :bounce: )
But music is still my first love!
A big wave to everyone :wavey: :wavey: and I hope to get to know y' all a little bit better!

Lynx
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:58 AM
Welcome Gabriela and Bieke. :) :wavey:
I'm Mark.

Gabra, if you're interested: there is a Polish thread (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=43986) in the Non Tennis Forum where people post in Polish... :)

Gabra
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:03 AM
Thanks Mark :kiss:

Elleke
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:04 AM
Welcome :D!
hope to see you posting a lot here ;) :D!

vlien
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:40 AM

:wavey: hi Gabriela :wavey:

Kimmy1023
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:58 AM
Hello.
My name is Kimmy,20 years old.
I'm a huge fan of Lleyton;Kim and Martina Hingis.

Aussie_Kim
Jun 26th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Welcome Gabra, Bieke & specially Kimmie. :wavey:
I'm Amanda but u can call me Mandy (every-1 else does). I'm a BIG LLeyki (Kim & Lleyton fan) & I'm also a fan of all the Aussie players.

Roxers
Jul 5th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Hi! I`m 16 and from Germany. I love playing Badminton and Volleyball, going out with friends, dancing, music, and having fun. And i love tennis of course.
I like Kim very much (but dont like Potato[Hewitt])
And the rest you can see in my siggie ;)

Megli
Jul 5th, 2003, 07:18 PM
:wavey: all newies, especially MaratFan4Life ;)

Roxers
Jul 6th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Hi all, especially Megli :wavey: ;)

Elleke
Jul 6th, 2003, 10:45 AM
welcome Kimmy & MaratFan4Life

*annamaria*
Jul 10th, 2003, 11:00 AM

i guess, i never posted here yet... :o

Hey, I'm Anna Maria and I'm from Austria. :D I'm 19, but will turn 20 in a couple of days... I'm a huge fan of Kim -surprisingly-. I like her because she's unique. Such a sweetheart, such an down-to-earth person ... and world class in tennis. :worship:
I do love to play tennis myself. BTW, I just came back from teaching kids how to play... it's so much fun to work with them. Just great to see the joy of the game in their eyes! :D
In winter, I spend most of my time on my skiis. Skiing is my fav sport. My real passion! :D Skiing the feathery light powder...omg...I better stop thinking about it! :p
oh yeah, i almost forgot. i go to med school, just finished my second year. i want to focus on sports medicine later on. :D If Kim needs a doc, I'll be right there... :p

so, that's about it.

have a great time, bye :wavey:

Cajun Moon
Jul 12th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Hello,

My name is Tracee and I live in North Dakota.

I am a huge fan of Kim and Lleyton. :hearts: It is amazing that their relationship has made it for this long considering their age and profession. I also love how they support each other regardless of each individual result. This must have something to do with the fact that both of the fathers played professional sports and they grew up realizing life goes on regardless if you win or lose.

My hobbies include showing dogs, reading, movies, traveling, and horseback riding.

I like this board and the posters and appreciate the work that Ingrid does to keep this a board a place where all Kim (and Lleyton) fans can enjoy.

Tracee

msimunic
Jul 12th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Hello,

My name is Tracee and I live in North Dakota.

I am a huge fan of Kim and Lleyton. :hearts: It is amazing that their relationship has made it for this long considering their age and profession. I also love how they support each other regardless of each individual result. This must have something to do with the fact that both of the fathers played professional sports and they grew up realizing life goes on regardless if you win or lose.

My hobbies include showing dogs, reading, movies, traveling, and horseback riding.

I like this board and the posters and appreciate the work that Ingrid does to keep this a board a place where all Kim (and Lleyton) fans can enjoy.

Tracee
Welcome Tracee!!! :wavey:
You will enjoy here!!! :)

Nica
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Hello :wavey:
I'm Veronica, but my friend think this name is long, so they call me Nica!
I'm a big fan of Kim and Lleyton! I have more than 700 pics (These are my favourites only) I live in Estonia, maybe some don't know even where it is! Of cause we don't have any tennis players or tournaments, but i watch them on TV! I play basketball, but always my dream was to play tennis! ( I've already play basketball for 5 years, so i don't want to give up it)
The first time I've seen Kim was in Kremly Cup. Then she was wearing shorts and i thought *WOW, i've never seen girls in tennis wearing shorts before! Something new!* I don't know why but since then i'm fond of her!!!!!!! :hearts:

:bounce: :bounce: KIM ana LLEYTON 4ever :bounce: :bounce:

Aren't they cute? :hearts:

Elleke
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:59 PM
hey Nica :kiss: welcome!
I hope to see you posting in here a lot!
and indeed Kim and Lleyton are just cute!

Lynx
Aug 9th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Welcome Veronica! You're the second girl from one of the Baltic states here, I think :).

Lynx
Aug 9th, 2003, 07:36 PM
BTW, Nica - I saw you mentioned your birthday at the birthday-thread.

That's ok, but if you want your birhtday added to the list, you should send KaseyL (our mod) a PM. :)

Megli
Aug 10th, 2003, 09:54 AM
Welcome Nica!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Hey! Im Steven. Im 15 years old now. I live in Cornwall,Canada(1.30 SE of Ottawa)Ive been a fan of Kimmy for some time now but a real fan for the past months :)

ans
Oct 15th, 2003, 02:07 PM
LoL haha!
ok ZIJ komt naar mijn school :p

hey, elke, zit gij niet op Sancta Maria in Leuven?
Guess who's working there?? :p

Betty
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Dont forget to vote for Kim!

HERO OF THE YEAR.

Dirty Sanchez
Oct 29th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Hi, I'm Dan from Newcastle in England and Kim's been my fave since I first saw her play back in 2000.

I've been on this board for a long time but have only been in here a few times, when my screename was (how original) Clijsters Fan!

When Kim & Lleyton got together it was so great because he happened to my fav on the ATP tour so the pair are both pretty special to me!!! :)

I'm a fan of very heavy and loud music and play Rugby, Tennis and football (soccer!).

I'm also wondering why I didn't become a regular here sooner, oh well!! :)

Ashie_87
Oct 30th, 2003, 05:18 AM
:wavey: welcome Dan :)
rugby rocks!!!! :D

Calvin
Oct 30th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Hi! :wavey:

I'm anything but new on this board, but I rarely venture into the CCL (I spend most of my time in a hellhole called GM, defending Kim from all the evil that resides there)

My name's David, I'm 23, currently working on my PhD in Quantumchemistry in Ghent (Belgium).
I started off as a major Dominique fan :hearts: , but after she retired I became a huge Kimfan (though she can piss me off sometimes, like blowing a 5-1 lead at the AO at 7 o'clock in the morning, after which I totally screwed up the oral exam I had an hour later :fiery: ).
But beware, I'm not one of you weird Lleyki's :p (don't really like Lleyton that much, even though I do think they make a nice couple).

azza
Oct 30th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Hello you all! I'm not brand new here but nevertheless I'm a quite "recent" member of this really really nice site. I'm actually a very curious girl and that's why I would like to ask you all who you really are and what age you are....You don't have to tell me if you don't want to of course! It's just that I'm wondering if you're all younger than I am or if there are any people of my age. Just out of curiosity...! Maybe I should start with myself: as you can see my name is Ans, I'm a true Belgian and I live in Leuven in a small flat. I'm already(?) 22 and I finished my studies last year. Now I'm teaching French-English and history to pupils of 12-15. I'm a true Kim-fan...I might say kind of a freak:) but I noticed all people here are more or less kim freaks. So...feel free to respond to this thread but of course you don't have to "reveil" your identity See ya:wavey:

Hello :bigwave:

My name is Aaron im :o 14 :o and since this is a belgian thread i will say all the belgian players i like :p i like Kim,Els and Kirsten :) umm i live in Sydney,Australia :cool: :)

eftokati
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:17 PM

-------

guess I should post something here too...

I'll keep it short:
I'm Kathleen, Belgian Kim-fan, live in Landen, 23 years old and I work for a record company in Brussels. Hope to get to know all you guys!

Ciao!

ans
Oct 30th, 2003, 08:39 PM
guess I should post something here too...

I'll keep it short:
I'm Kathleen, Belgian Kim-fan, live in Landen, 23 years old and I work for a record company in Brussels. Hope to get to know all you guys!

Ciao!

hello, welcome kathleen!! :wavey:
Hey, you're my age :)

TennisHack
Oct 30th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Hi! :wavey:

I'm anything but new on this board, but I rarely venture into the CCL (I spend most of my time in a hellhole called GM, defending Kim from all the evil that resides there)

My name's David, I'm 23, currently working on my PhD in Quantumchemistry in Ghent (Belgium).
I started off as a major Dominique fan :hearts: , but after she retired I became a huge Kimfan (though she can piss me off sometimes, like blowing a 5-1 lead at the AO at 7 o'clock in the morning, after which I totally screwed up the oral exam I had an hour later :fiery: ).
But beware, I'm not one of you weird Lleyki's :p (don't really like Lleyton that much, even though I do think they make a nice couple).

Woohoo, a fellow non-Lleyki :banana::banana:

Welcome! Ph.D in Quantum Chem? :eek::worship: I bow to my superiors ;)

eftokati
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:10 PM
hello, welcome kathleen!! :wavey:
Hey, you're my age :)

Yeah, nice! Sometimes I get the impression we're quite old to be on this forum! Or am I wrong?
:p

-Ph51-
Nov 7th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Hi,

My name is Tinne. I am a Belgian living in the US. I think I might well be the oldest of the bunch: 27 :o
I am the oldest.I'm52! :rolleyes:

msimunic
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Yeah, nice! Sometimes I get the impression we're quite old to be on this forum! Or am I wrong?
Sometimes the age isn't important. We are all tennis (Kim's ) fans and that is the most important ;)

Elke
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:44 PM

:banghead: Don't say that, I'm still feeling like 16!:p

maryjane
Nov 16th, 2003, 08:25 PM
I've been writing here for a while but I have not still wrote about my self...here it's:
I'm Giulia from Italy,it hink I'm the oldest I'm 24
I'm a tennis fan since 1990 and first of all I love tennis!!!I'm close to take a degree in foreign languages and literatures in my university.
I was born as Jen and Monica's fan and i always look at them as my idols but basically Kim has became one of my best during the last years.I love her for all:the game,the player,the woman.
I think she's simply great in all,she's genuine.
I wish her all the best that means a slam as soon...
I'm happy to be among all these fans!!!

Vanilla121
Nov 17th, 2003, 06:44 AM
Hello

Im Laura, 19, from Sydney. Big Kim fan obviously. I love how she really gets behind Australia and Lleyton of course.

TTYL.

KaseyL
Nov 17th, 2003, 08:28 PM
I've been writing here for a while but I have not still wrote about my self...here it's:
I'm a tennis fan since 1990 and first of all I love tennis!!!I'm close to take a degree in foreign languages and literatures in my university.
I was born as Jen and Monica's fan and i always look at them as my idols but basically Kim has became one of my best during the last years.I love her for all:the game,the player,the woman.

quick Mod reply:

FYI :D
NOT the oldest, Giulia, certainly not! We have people here of almost all ages. :yeah:

:wavey: Your mod,
Ingrid

msimunic
Nov 19th, 2003, 06:43 PM
You are not the oldest!! ;) Don't worry
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

eftokati
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:04 PM

great to have some more people here who are about my age...! :)

(I'm 23)

Hi Giulia! :wavey:

maryjane
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:14 PM
Thanks to everybody!!!

nicky
Jan 3rd, 2004, 06:52 PM
Wow, what an introduction :eek:
Great post though :cool: . Do feel welcome here. And don't worry about your age, you may be one of the "older" CCL'ers, but not the oldest yet ;).

And as far as smilies are concerned: when you write your post, you can see the standard smilies on your left hand side. Click "show all smilies" and you get a whole page of them to choose from.

kim4eva
Jan 6th, 2004, 04:39 AM
heyo! welcome to CCL! :wavey:
don't worry about your age... it's great to be older i reckon, at least better than being the youngest, like me... :o

toria
Jan 6th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Hello my name is victoria i am 19 years old i am in university in birmingham england studying nursing i am a huge kim and lleyton fan since i was lucky enough to see them play in the mixed doubles in wimbledon.

msimunic
Jan 6th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Hello my name is victoria i am 19 years old i am in university in birmingham england studying nursing i am a huge kim and lleyton fan since i was lucky enough to see them play in the mixed doubles in wimbledon.
Welcome, welcome, welcome Toria... :wavey:

kim4eva
Jan 7th, 2004, 12:43 AM

Welcome to CCL, Victoria! :wavey: I'm an aussie by the way :p
Hope you enjoy CCL as much as I do!

LarlotteHunny
Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:28 PM
Heeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooo! :cool:

I'm Charlotte - Charlie to my friends! - and I'll be 16 next week (the 28th). I live in England and I'm at school studying for my GCSE's and in September I'll be going to a Sixth form college to hopefully study Art, Music, English Literature and I'm as of yet undecided on my fourth subject!

Hopefully in the future I'd love to go to uni and either study music or art as I'm quite creative, and my ultimate dream would be making a career out of either of those two things and somehow (hopefully!) inspire other's as my art and music teachers have inspired me! It sounds so sound I know..... :lol:

School and my future aside I love goingto parties, going to gigs just socialising in general! I do have to work part - time as a cafe waitress for it though.....

As the rest of you I'm a big fan of Kim and Lleyton - who wouldn't be though?! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

konijntje_00
Jan 22nd, 2004, 06:12 PM
:wavey: Hi, I'm Wendy
I've already post a few messages on the boards but I didn't introduce myself yet, so ...
I'm 20 years old, I live in Halle (near Brussels), and I study psychology in Leuven at the KUL.
I'm a huge Clijsters-fan, but I like all Belgian players, especially Kirsten Flipkens.
See you all on the boards ;)
Wendy
xxx :kiss:

Cilla
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Welcome all! :wavey: :wavey:

Dannithesnail
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I'm not really new but I've never introduced myself properly so here goes:
I'm Danni, I'm 15 in March, half Kiwi, half Aussie and live in Melbourne. :cool: And obviously I LOVE Kim and Lleyton :hearts: :angel:

kim4eva
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:34 AM
g'day to everyone new to CCL! :wavey:

Sharapova's_Boy
Feb 4th, 2004, 06:15 AM
G'Day, I'm Paul ;) :wavey:

I'm 15 and live in Australia, and of course a huge fan of Kim :cool:

Although I don't like Lleyton, it's really quite sad as I'm not patriotic at all. Don't like Ian Thorpe, the Australian Cricket, Rugby, or any team for that matter. The only famous Australian sports star I like is Tatiana Grigorieva, and that's only because she used to be Russian :sad:

lovekimmie
Feb 4th, 2004, 08:58 AM
hey paul, welcome to ccl.

Is there any reason why you don't love Lleyton that much?
cAUSE actually he's a lott like kimmie in alot of ways.
But off course that's no blame, if you love kimmie than this is really the place to be, believe me!!!

TennisHack
Feb 5th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Although I don't like Lleyton, it's really quite sad as I'm not patriotic at all. Don't like Ian Thorpe, the Australian Cricket, Rugby, or any team for that matter. The only famous Australian sports star I like is Tatiana Grigorieva, and that's only because she used to be Russian :sad:
Welcome to the board :)

Heh, join the club on not being patriotic ;) I don't think I like an American athlete in any sport, much less tennis :rolleyes: If you get Lleyton as much as we get Andy, I don't blame you for not liking him ;)

Give me Pieter van den Hoogenband anyday! :D

raquel
Mar 8th, 2004, 02:51 AM
:wavey: OK I am posting this after over 2,000 posts and a year and a half on the board but better late then never :)

I am 19 from Glasgow in Scotland but living in London. Love Kim and Lleyton and Roger especially and also the others in my signature.

I am usually always posting in the Kim cheering threads for each tournament but not enough in her actual forum, but I will post more often down here :)

:wavey: Lleykis!

Dannithesnail
Mar 8th, 2004, 02:54 AM
:wavey: nice to 'see' you here!

crazzzy_grrl
Mar 8th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Ive been a member for a few weeks now, but i thought id better introduce myself. Im Jess, 18yrs...19 in may!!!!!! Im from perth, australis and Im studying at uwa, bachelor of science majoring in Anatomy and Human Biology. Been a fan of lleyton and kim for ages. I luv tennis.... but id better warn u all that im passionate about my footy, eagles girl all the way :D .

Aussie_Kim
Mar 8th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Ive been a member for a few weeks now, but i thought id better introduce myself. Im Jess, 18yrs...19 in may!!!!!! Im from perth, australis and Im studying at uwa, bachelor of science majoring in Anatomy and Human Biology. Been a fan of lleyton and kim for ages. I luv tennis.... but id better warn u all that im passionate about my footy, eagles girl all the way :D .
Hi Jess :wavey:
Another Aussie :bounce: We're starting to dominate here :lol:

Eagles supporter! I prefer dockers myself. Only cos my sister loves them heaps & is a member & would kick my ass if I supported any-1 else! :tape:

crazzzy_grrl
Mar 8th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Hi Jess :wavey:
Another Aussie :bounce: We're starting to dominate here :lol:

Eagles supporter! I prefer dockers myself. Only cos my sister loves them heaps & is a member & would kick my ass if I supported any-1 else! :tape:

Hahahaha.... my best friend is a dockers supporter, so u can imagine a lot of fights start round that. But i did get her pavs autograph coz i see him at uni... so that helped with things :). And my dad grew up in melbourne so is a collingwood supporter, and when i was younger kept trying to convert me... never worked so he's given up now :p

Aussie_Kim
Mar 8th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Hahahaha.... my best friend is a dockers supporter, so u can imagine a lot of fights start round that. But i did get her pavs autograph coz i see him at uni... so that helped with things :). And my dad grew up in melbourne so is a collingwood supporter, and when i was younger kept trying to convert me... never worked so he's given up now :p
Yeah we have close friends that are eagles members so we have some intersting debates sometimes!
Derby is always fun! I'm not a Freo member but I'm gonna try go to a derby this year because that atmosphere is so good.
Its hard to explain the rivalry! I guess Aussies are just too passionate about sports! :lol:

Nica
Mar 8th, 2004, 02:14 PM
:wavey: to all newbees :)
new Lleykis :bounce:

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Mar 8th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Reading all your posts, I realised that, me too, I never introduced myself.:o
and well, to celebrate my 100th post (ok, it's not that much, but it means a lot to me:cool: ) I'll try to tell you something about myself, just for the people who don't know me yet...
so, my name is Sarah, easy one, I'm from Belgium, still a student, I'm 16, 17 in 3 weeks:drool: , my hobbies are playing and watching tennis, reading books...
Since I saw Kim playing in Knokke in 1999 I'm a big fan and collect everything about Kim. And I have to say, it's becomming pretty much by now, which annoys my father a bit:p.
In 2001, again on a tournament in Knokke, I saw Lleyton training with his sister Jaslyn, I got an autograph and a picture taken and well, since then, I just can't forget how cute and shy and lovely and... he was:hearts: .
And last but not least, I'm a CCL-lover...;)

beauty_is_pink
Mar 27th, 2004, 02:55 AM
HI!!!!!!!!!!!

IM Maria... 16yrs old.. and a Tennis-aholic... :D
always loving and supporting my two top faves: Daniela and Kim :angel:

Aussie_Kim
Mar 28th, 2004, 01:20 PM
HI!!!!!!!!!!!

IM Maria... 16yrs old.. and a Tennis-aholic... :D
always loving and supporting my two top faves: Daniela and Kim :angel:
Hi! Welcome! :wavey:
I'm Mandy! I'm a BIG KIM & LLEYTON fan, as any-one here can tell you! :lol:
But then we all are!
Hope you enjoy your time here. Every-1 is very friendly!

Jess_ NZ
Apr 13th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Hi, I'm Jess :)
I'm from Dunedin, NZ although at the moment I'm living with my parents in England until I finish High School this summer, before moving back home and hopefully going to uni.
I'm a huge Lleyki fan and have been for ages although don't get to watch many of their matches. Aside from tennis I watch other sports - my favourite is f1 racing :) (Mark Webber :drools: )

So :wavey: everyone. And :wavey: to the people I already know from LLL :)

Ti0na
Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:17 AM
Hey

I'm Tina
I live in Balen (Antwerp-Limburg border)
I'm a student in Antwerp-City: Romanic Languages (Romaanse Talen) French - Spanish
Give me anything about Kim, Lleyton, Kirsten, Elke and I'm happy :) very happy :bounce:

kim4eva
Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:41 AM
Gday Tina! :wavey:
Welcome to CCL! :bounce:

crazzzy_grrl
Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:47 AM
Hey tina, im Jess and im an aussie!!! :wavey:

graf630
May 18th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Hi My name is Cheryl, soon to be 40 years young in June:cool: . I have been following tennis for over 20 years and really enjoy seeing the new up and comming players. Steffi was always my favorite, so it seemed perfect when I read Kim's bio on her favorite. I started noticing Kim and Justine when they were only 15 & 16 years old. And I knew one day they would both be at the top! :)
I miss seeing Kim out there playing, it is like losing Steffi all over again. She is so exciting to watch! I think her and LLeyton are so cute together. I wish them well in their future.
I also play tennis at the club level at least twice a week. This is what keeps me in such good shape. My 15 year old is very jealous that I am in better shape than her (she plays fast pitch softball-pitching and 3rd base) I tell her tennis is where it is at!!
I don't post alot in any thread,because I don't like to fight with anyone. I come to the CCL often but cannot read any language but English so most the time I don't know what is being said. But I know this is the place to be:worship:

Ashie_87
May 19th, 2004, 05:39 AM
:wavey:Welcome to all the newbies!:hug:

I should really come in here more often:o

Aussie_Kim
May 19th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Welcome every-1! :wavey:
I agree Ash! I should come in here more often! ;)

daniela86
May 19th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Welcome Cheryl :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Just like Sarah had,I have just realized that I never introduced myself :o But better later than never so I'll start!I am Daniela,I'm 18 years old and I live partly in Paris partly in Serbia! Indeed I grew up in Serbia but I study in Paris! I am really crazy about tennis,I follow this wonderful sport since the Roland Garros 1999' final Hingis/Graf! My favourite ever was Martina but now she is retired :sad: and my currently faves are KIM (almost) and Vera Zvonareva!!I saw Kim's match at US Open 1999 against Serena (the future winner) at TV! Kim led 5/3 in the last set and she lost :mad: but I thought she had a real talent and that she'll become a great great player!!
With tennis,I also like dancing,music,cinema,soccer (to watch on TV, Manchester :hearts: is my favourite team)go out with my friends etc...

Yasmine
May 25th, 2004, 07:57 AM
I never introduced myself either (unless you read a bit of my profile). My name is Yasmine. I am 27 years old (appraching 28 but not too fast please). For a little while I thought all of you are slightly younger than me and had so many chances to meet, get autographs and pictures taken with Kim and/or Lleyton. But I think there is no age to appreciate people or tennis and it's never too late to go and watch them so...
I am half french half morrocan. I lived most of my life in the sunny south of France (Perpignan for those of you who know a bit about my country). Now I am doing a research degree in biochemistry in Leicester, UK (nothing very exciting I know...). I always have been watching tennis particularly the french open that I did not miss a single time but not much else as we did not have the cable at home. Then I went onto learning a bit, but to be honest I really carried on because I fancied my instructor (nearly as handsome as Lleyton I must say). Therefore I am not very good at all at it but I might start playing again sometime soon.
I discovered Kim at the french open in 2001 when she got to the final and for some reason I thought she was great and supported her from start to finish of that edition of the FO. I have been following her ever since, although I never got the chance to watch her play. When I came to the UK and Wimbledon is such a big thing here, I followed tennis even more (I have cable now which helps because the british TV does not show much more than Henman...-apologies to his fans). And I had the chance to go last year and am going again this year...

crazzzy_grrl
May 25th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Hi Jasmine :wavey: Im Jess, almost 19 (in 5 days :lol: ) and im from australia

Jean-Pierre
Jun 14th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Hi ! :wavey: I'm Jean-Pierre (called Pitou by Juju's fans) and I admire Kim and Justine. :) I've seen them play together in double years ago when they were very young and frequently beaten... :(
I'm new on CCL (a few days ago) and, as the flag indicates on the left, I'm Belgian. I'm from Brussels (Auderghem). As most of you are between 14 and 29 years old, I don't dear to say my age. :confused:
I have posted news on sunday about Kim's recent chirurgical operation on her wrist as soon as I got to know it, as I understand, read and write english, dutch and french (which is my mothertongue). I realised that Kim's website in english was not updated, which was one of the reasons why I posted the news about her sudden surgery for her wrist last saturday. We were not surprised by the news though, but for the suddenless of the decision. This is very important for the pursuit of her career which interests me a lot, as I have been following Kim (as Justine) for more than 6 years now.
I enjoy reading your posts with your comments, your reactions, your criticism, your enthousiasm, your support for Kim. I don't know Lleyton sufficiently, only since Kim fell in love with him... :inlove: :smooch: :kiss: :couple:
So, thank you for you welcome on CCL. :bigclap: :wavey:
Jean-Pierre (Pitou)

Aussie_chic
Jun 23rd, 2004, 05:58 AM

haha! (I'm Mandys sis!) I thought I should introduce myself.
I'm 17 and live in Perth WA. As said I love the Dockers! :hearts: For those of u who rnt from Australia or dont know about Aussie rules, the dockers r the best team. (thats all u need to know bout them! :p We hav MORE wins then the eagles n the crows so u should really just support us!~ (jj)) :lol: :lol:
Um. I'm doin my last yr of skool this yr. So I hav to do LOTS of study :sad: so I can do well in my final exams and get into uni.
I dont know what else to say? If u hav any qu's just ask! :kiss:

crazzzy_grrl
Jun 23rd, 2004, 07:13 AM
I'm 17 and live in Perth WA. As said I love the Dockers! :hearts: For those of u who rnt from Australia or dont know about Aussie rules, the dockers r the best team. (thats all u need to know bout them! :p We hav MORE wins then the eagles n the crows so u should really just support us!~ (jj)) :lol: :lol:
Um. I'm doin my last yr of skool this yr. So I hav to do LOTS of study :sad: so I can do well in my final exams and get into uni.

Hi, Im Jess and Im also from Perth :wavey:

And the eagles are far better than the dockers no matter how many wins you have this year ;) :p

spiritfullfrog
Jun 23rd, 2004, 07:14 AM
Haha cool! We have our first CCL sisters!! Would you like to be called 'Mandy's sis' or do you have a name of your own? :p Mandy is an ultra awesome chick, so I'm sure you're just as wonderful! I must also say that wen I first read the name 'Aussie_chick' I thought hey that's like Mandy's name! Btw, I am JJ and I am 14 & I live in Sydney, and school sux! :)

Aussie_chic
Jun 23rd, 2004, 08:13 AM
Opps! My name is Laura! But yeah I can put up with being called 'Mandy's sis!'. :lol:
Thanks so much for the welcome and to all u nice peoples who gave me green bubbles! :kiss: Very sweet! And yes I was just teasing bout the dockers. Wish we had more to brag about this season! (3 at home loses! :mad: )

lovekimmie
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:33 AM
nice to meet Mandy's sister !!!
She allways mentions you when i talk to her ! ( don't worry ... good things ) :angel:
I'm Kattie ... and yeah, i cannot talk with you guys a lot of aussie rules footy but, just nice to meet you :kiss:

Greet Mandy for me, next time you have her on the phone ;) :kiss:

kim4eva
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:43 AM
:wavey: heya Laura! Real cool that both of you guys are Kim fans! It's not that often you know. I kinda know bout you cause Mandy talks bout you quite a lot! Loads of compliments so don't worry ;)

Btw I'm Keira and I'm 13. Don't live in aus but I am an aussie and hates school like everyone does!

See you around :kiss:

Aussie_chic
Jun 27th, 2004, 08:28 AM
nice to meet Mandy's sister !!!
She allways mentions you when i talk to her ! ( don't worry ... good things ) :angel:
I'm Kattie ... and yeah, i cannot talk with you guys a lot of aussie rules footy but, just nice to meet you :kiss:

Greet Mandy for me, next time you have her on the phone ;) :kiss:

Yes well I have heard things of u ALL too! (and also good things!) I will say hi to her Kattie. I know ur name esp becos u r the grl who sends all those lovely parcels! One arrived on her bday n I told her when we were on the phone so she got me to open it over the phone and tell her its contents. U must b very sweet! :wavey:
Nice to know who Manda is talkin of.

Aussie_Kim
Jun 28th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Yes my beautiful parcels from Kattie & Ingrid too ofcourse!
I couldn't live without them! :angel:

lovekimmie
Jun 28th, 2004, 10:21 AM
we couldn't live without you either sweetie :kiss:

Good to hear from you agian :bounce:

clijstersfan19
Jul 7th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Hey guys- Im not really new- but i havent been on for a while- lots of work during the school year- But my name is Kasey- I have been a Kim fan since her first French Open final with JCap. And I have been a Lleyton fan even longer then that- Anyways I am 20 years old and I study International Relations at University. So nice to meet all of you- I have been reading your posts forever

Sofiane
Aug 11th, 2004, 01:45 PM
I am not new either, but I don't think I ever posted in this Thread.
So, my real name is Sofiane it's a male name.
I am 28 a PhD Graduent in Mechnical Engineering.
I used to be a Steffi Graf fan, and now I am a fan of Kim Clijsters.
I live in Montreal Canada, but was born in Algiers Algeria.
I play Tennis, my main sport and I play two handed from both sides.
Sofiane.

kim4eva
Aug 11th, 2004, 02:18 PM
:wavey: Hi to Kasey and Sofiane!
Welcome to CCL and hope you enjoy it here :)

Luv Keira :kiss:

whatsinaname
Aug 13th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Hi My name is Cheryl, soon to be 40 years young in June:cool: . I have been following tennis for over 20 years and really enjoy seeing the new up and comming players. Steffi was always my favorite, so it seemed perfect when I read Kim's bio on her favorite. I started noticing Kim and Justine when they were only 15 & 16 years old. And I knew one day they would both be at the top! :)
I miss seeing Kim out there playing, it is like losing Steffi all over again. She is so exciting to watch! I think her and LLeyton are so cute together. I wish them well in their future.
I also play tennis at the club level at least twice a week. This is what keeps me in such good shape. My 15 year old is very jealous that I am in better shape than her (she plays fast pitch softball-pitching and 3rd base) I tell her tennis is where it is at!!
I don't post alot in any thread,because I don't like to fight with anyone. I come to the CCL often but cannot read any language but English so most the time I don't know what is being said. But I know this is the place to be:worship:
I agree with you, "Graf630". Iowa. From the Evert/Connors era. Don't know how I got to be a junior member.

Stefwhit
Aug 23rd, 2004, 03:00 AM
Hi all,

I think it's about time I became more vocal about my love and admiration toward Kim. Second only to Serena, Kim has been a long time favorite of mine and I can't begin to tell you all how anxious I am to have her back again- IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!!! The best is yet to come, I trully believe that. Kim is oozing with so much talent it's only a matter of time before we see her holding the trophies up again. I'm kinda brushin' this season aside and I'm looking forward to Kim taking it to everyone 'nasty-style' come next year. Lately I've been having Kim withdraws. Unfortunately I don't have that many tapes of her matches and the few I do have she doesn't win (so I don't wanta see those)- basicaly my Kim withdraws have led me here to be with other fans. I figure if anyone knows what I'm feeling it would be my fellow Kim fans, whom I honestly don't know well enough. I guess I'll hang about to get a better since of her fans and hopefully I'll be engaging in a lot of interesting convos about Belgiums best tennis player- KIM...

Yasmine
Aug 23rd, 2004, 04:53 PM
Hi all,

I think it's about time I became more vocal about my love and admiration toward Kim. Second only to Serena, Kim has been a long time favorite of mine and I can't begin to tell you all how anxious I am to have her back again- IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!!! The best is yet to come, I trully believe that. Kim is oozing with so much talent it's only a matter of time before we see her holding the trophies up again. I'm kinda brushin' this season aside and I'm looking forward to Kim taking it to everyone 'nasty-style' come next year. Lately I've been having Kim withdraws. Unfortunately I don't have that many tapes of her matches and the few I do have she doesn't win (so I don't wanta see those)- basicaly my Kim withdraws have led me here to be with other fans. I figure if anyone knows what I'm feeling it would be my fellow Kim fans, whom I honestly don't know well enough. I guess I'll hang about to get a better since of her fans and hopefully I'll be engaging in a lot of interesting convos about Belgiums best tennis player- KIM...
:worship: :worship: :worship:
:kiss:

thelma
Feb 11th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Hi all :wavey:

My name is Thelma. I'm a big fan of Kim. I'm so happy because she's back. I'm 19 years old. Glad to meet all of you here. :kiss:

Sir Stefwhit
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:50 AM
Hello to all my fellow Kim fans. I changed email accounts and forgot my password so I had start all over again this time as 'Sir Stefwhit' and formely known simply as 'Stefwhit' (good rep points are encouraged).

I plan to be a lot more vocal at this site about my appreciation and respect for Kim both as a tennis player and as a person. To say that I've missed Kim would be a BIG understatement. Although some of my other favorite players are finally healthy, tennis wont quite be the same until Kim is back on tour, full time and mixing it up with the other big names, and of course winning titles again. The good news is that I think great things are going to happen a lot sooner than most people think!!!!!

Tati & Dani
Mar 15th, 2005, 11:53 PM
hi i'm david 22 years old. I follow tennis since when i was 7. My favorite players you can see them in my signature.

Majo
Mar 16th, 2005, 09:20 AM
hi i'm david 22 years old. I follow tennis since when i was 7. My favorite players you can see them in my signature.

->EM<-
Mar 17th, 2005, 07:01 AM
hi David :wavey:

Ashie_87
Mar 17th, 2005, 07:35 AM
:bigwave: David

keylim
Mar 18th, 2005, 02:39 PM
hi, my name is nathalie, i'm a huge kim fan since wow so long i can't even remember (god i i was even there when the leyki name was chosen). i'm 25 years old and live in belgium.
you'll notice that i don't post a lot mostly because i'm the lurker type. But i just wanted to say hi to all of you :wavey:.

Tropical Sunrise
Jun 15th, 2005, 02:09 PM
:wavey: Hello everyone!!! :kiss:

I'm Solangel, 28 years old. I'm a big fan of Kimmie since RG '01. I'm from Venezuela, but my parents are Italian. I'm Computer and Telecommunication Engineer, with a MBA in Data Network Management. I'm doing a degree in Marketing and Business Administration. I'm working as CIA (Computer Manager) in a Pharmaceutical Company. I’m a MTF resident as well.