PDA

View Full Version : why venus must win....

steffilover
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:29 PM
in the past, i've been willing to believe that the sisters tried their damnedest to beat one another, even when the results were suspicious or the tennis questionable. i've even enjoyed a great deal of their play, particularly venus, and i admire them as great athletes in the game. however, if venus doesn't win tomorrow, i'll know that there's something fishy going on...venus has been so much better this tournament AND serena has blistered feet and the pressure of the "slam" to contend with. venus must win...or else....:fiery:

DD
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:31 PM
everyday is another day. you will never know what will happen.
it is just faith.

Serendy Willick
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:34 PM
All I have to say is any given sunday. (Even though I'm a hardcore Serena fan, I would love to see that Venus smile holding up a grand slam trophie.

CC
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Because I really really want her to, and because Hail-Venus is probably outside handpicking her Mack truck for tonight. I hope it doesn't come to that.:)

Rae Q.
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by steffilover
in the past, i've been willing to believe that the sisters tried their damnedest to beat one another, even when the results were suspicious or the tennis questionable. i've even enjoyed a great deal of their play, particularly venus, and i admire them as great athletes in the game. however, if venus doesn't win tomorrow, i'll know that there's something fishy going on...venus has been so much better this tournament AND serena has blistered feet and the pressure of the "slam" to contend with. venus must win...or else....:fiery:

How about if Serena wakes up tomorrow totally motivated to win the Australian putting behind her all the headaches it took to get to the final? Serena is thatconfident not to take anything away from Venus.

DD
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:39 PM
LOL at the Hail Venus part

anton
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:56 PM
go venus@!

tennisfan1972
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Well considering everybody thought Kim and lindsay and everybody else was playing much much better than venus and had much better preparation, why is its so surprising that Serena might beat venus? Didnt she also beat Kim who everybody thought was playing like the "true number 1"
Somebody please help me to understand why this bit of logic doesnt register with some posters?

1jackson2001
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:36 PM
I'm sure Venus will do everything possible within her game to beat lil sis. ;)

Venus Forever
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:45 PM
About the blisters, it's not bothering Serena. Serena said it wasn't hurting because of the tape, but during the Semis, the tape starting slipping and it was beginning to burn. I think the blisters have no affect on her game right now.

I do agree that Venus needs to win, not just for the title, but for herself. She may start doubting herself and whether she can truly do it again if she loses.

GO VENUS

goshka
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Even I like Venus and ger tennis, I have to say it is beauty of Serena's game - even when she is not playing her best, she finds the way to win. Good examples - semi with Kim and last year matches with Jennifer.
With not-so-perfect performance at this AO I still think Serena will beat Venus as she has more weapons. But I can be wrong :)

NOTE: seems not everyone is aware of it, so I have to remind you - it will not be GS for Serena if she wins final, but I guess you can call it Serena's Slam. :)

Ta Ta,
Eugene

CJ07
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Venus will win

Atleast I hope so

BK4ever
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:22 PM
BECAUSE...I'm going to the Nasdaq Open and if she doesnt show up there as the reigning Aussie Open champ...I'm going to personally kick her ass for losing to Serena again and breaking the heart of my MAIN MAN Tee Rexx ;)

I will also throwing a few punches for Joy and DM...HOLLER :D

ok...back to reality...BECAUSE I want to see that pure joy in her eyes (like she had when she won Wimby for the first time)...*saying a prayer for Vee right now*

Best of Luck Venus...kick lil sis ass :)

renarulz
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:59 PM
BLISTERS AN ALL SERENA WILL PULL HER SELF TOGETHER AND WIN! THAT IS WHAT THE NUMBER ONE PLAYER IN THE WORLD DOES!GOOD LUCK SERENA! A WILLIAMS WILL WIN THAT WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT TO ME! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship: