PDA

View Full Version : question

jujufan
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:57 AM
The father of Kim said once again that Kim will stop in 3 years.
I don't understand why he and she is saying that.
Or she is really planning to build a future in the shadow of Lleyton
Or tennis isn't her passion and she is getting bored of it?

Can you explain it to me cause why should a great player and a potential number 1 quit so early, she'll even not be 23 yet and most players are around that age I guess

Lleykimmy1
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:00 AM
I think that Kim will stop as soon as she doesn't enjoy playing tennis anymore and I think it's good. Nobody can decide for her she's the only who can. Of coure I would be very sad if she would soon stop her carrer but on the other hand I really would like her to get married with Lleyton and have a little baby .... :hearts:

Primula
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:21 AM
She wants to be a young mother for her children !! :kiss:

jujufan
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:13 PM
And that is sweet and her right of course, I only think it's way too soon to say you are quiting in a few years. And a pitty
Especially when your career has just started to run wel ...

And who knows what will happen in the future ...
However I'll suport Kim no matter what she will decide or do

duck
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Possible LL will retire in 3 years time. He is a scrambler and will wear down early. Then Angele can see her Lleyki babies!

Peridotpixie
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:14 PM
Well, Lei has said three years a few times, not necessarily all recently. I believe the last we heard from Kim herself, her estimate was around 5 years. I think Kim will continue to play as long as she is doing well and it is making her happy. However, Kim isn't as lucky as other players in that she can't just marry someone and expect him to follow her around on tour, because Lleyton obviously can't. So it becomes the inevitable career/family conflict that so many women face. I'd guess that Kim will stop when she's around 23 or 24.

Kornelija
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:52 PM
From my point of view it would be extremely big loss for tennis if Kim quits in 3 years. Though I don't really think she is going to do so. I think Kim should keep playing cause more and more people see the possibility that Serena and Venus will end their tennis careers pretty soon. So then Kim would be able to show who the boss is, though I trully think she has done this so many times already. ;)
Good luck KIM. I will always like you and support you.:worship:

angele87
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by duck
Possible LL will retire in 3 years time. He is a scrambler and will wear down early. Then Angele can see her Lleyki babies!

That predictable huh? :o

Well let me try and think about this clearly without my gooberish instincts getting in the way :angel: Ok well I think Kim loves tennis. She's a great player and it would definetly be a horrible loss to the game if she retired in 3 years however, she also adores children and has said that she wants to be a young mother. There are so many stories of Kim playing with babies at tournaments and how many times has she ( or her dad) talked about Kim having kids? I think that in 3 or 4 years time, Kim would be as happy ( or probably happier) with a baby than she would be playing tennis so if that's true, I'm all for it, whatever makes Kim happy. I don't think Lleyton will retire in 3 years but I think Kim would be very happy to just travel the world with Lleyton, all the while enjoying all the wonders of mothermood :D

And now come on, wouldn't some blue eyed babies with curly blonde hair be absolutely adorable? :hearts: :hearts:

~|Naomi|~
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:50 PM
The way I see it:

In 3-5 years time:
If Kim is struggling with injuries and not playing so well and not w=enjoying herself she will probably retire.

But if she is playing well, contending for slam titles and te number 1 rank then she will keep playing

lleytnkim
Jan 25th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by angele87
And now come on, wouldn't some blue eyed babies with curly blonde hair be absolutely adorable? :hearts: :hearts:

tsk, tsk....Angele, you forgot the dimpled chin!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I don't think Lleyton will retire in 3 years. He's already taking measures to prolong his career. Besides, as he gets older he'll get stronger. I just don't see him giving it up so quickly. He's not going anywhere. ;) :)
Kim on the other hand has said she won't play as long as some other players do. She has the continuing shoulder problem and she has said she wants to be a young mom as well. So, my guess would be 3-5 yrs. It'd be a terrible loss though. She's the only one I watch on the women's side. But whatever makes her happy. :)
And not to sound like QG but I'd love to see Lleyton and her with Lil Lleykis :hearts: :angel:

angele87
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:58 AM
I like how you make it sound as if being like me is a bad thing ;) :p :angel:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by lleytnkim
tsk, tsk....Angele, you forgot the dimpled chin!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

A cleft chin. Yeah, the baby will definitely have that!

Anyway, I don't think Kim should stop so early. I mean, look at that Rossana Neffa-de los Rios chick... is that her name?! The South American player. She seems to be the only mom on tour, but still, that is a pioneer woman. She loves tennis--she is not even ranked super high. And she has children. But she persists to make room for both while still having succes. Why should the woman always roll over and die?!

I hope Kim would be willing to take after her and do both of those things. Studies show that women are better at multi-tasking than men. I know Kim probably believes that she should devote herself more to a child than have a career as a distraction, because that is like child neglect if the career becomes too much of a distraction. However, it's been proven by de los Rios, that it can be done!