PDA

View Full Version : Williams Won Doubles Finals...

Bright Red
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:18 AM
I guess they got the seedings right after all.:bounce:

DD
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:19 AM
way to go williams.

Becool
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:20 AM
Yeeeeey! :bounce:!

Rocketta
:bounce: :bounce: Awesome final game by Venus! :bounce: :bounce:

Congrats Williams & Williams!!! :D :D :D

well played Rauno Pascual & Suarez, love those lobs! :)

Bright Red
46 64 63

tennisfan1972
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:22 AM
That was a pretty closely contested match. It could have gone either way. They are clearly the two best doubles teams. Congrats to Both teams and especially the Williams women who fought well to come back after being down break points. Venus was serving at 84% at one point in the match. HOLY SHYT! Did u see how fast Venus was serving? serena is in trouble as it seems she isnt moving particularly well or serving well. Venus could start her own slam run playing like she has.

"Topaz"
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:25 AM
I didn't see your thread in time, Bright Red. I just deleted mine.

Congrats to all the girls!

We are witnessing a real phenomenon in tennis with the Williams sisters.

Bright Red
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:26 AM
I did see it. Venus served a 201km (125mph) serve, and the crowd went crazy. Team Williams also saved 6 break points while down a break 0-2 in the third.

When they play, they turn it around like magic.

Uxobi
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:28 AM
Congratulations Venus and Serena. The Venus serve was awesome!!

Bright Red
TP

I saw your thread, and I was just about to post a CONGRATS WILLIAMS! in it LOL!

You should re-post it so we all can really celebrate!!! :bounce:

BK4ever
Congrats :bounce:

Paola and Vivi are really a great team!

Infiniti2001
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:30 AM
Awesome match.. The Williames started slow as usual, but picked it up.. Virginia Ruano Pascual (Spain)/Paola Suarez (Argentina) got game... They made Vee and Serena work . Congrats to all :bounce: :bounce:

joao
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:31 AM
CONGRATS!!!!! I hope they would play doubles at every slam ...

Bright Red
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:34 AM
I've got to give props to V & P. They took it to the Sisters in an impressive way...

Perhaps with any other team, their effort would have been enough, but they were playing the ever-determined Williams. It just goes to show that when the Williams put their minds to winning, you may as well just throw your racket away and go sit down.

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:43 AM
V & S knocked those snickering smiles off of Pascual and Suarez's little mugs as well.

LucasArg
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Bright Red
I did see it. Venus served a 201km (125mph) serve, and the crowd went crazy. Team Williams also saved 6 break points while down a break 0-2 in the third.

When they play, they turn it around like magic.

Yes, Venus was smiling to Serena after that big serve. And the other one was 195 km in the same game.

Bright Red
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:55 AM
Why didn't my post go through?

Anyone know when V & P started playing?

Rocketta
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:07 AM
Why didn't my post go through?

Anyone know when V & P started playing?

that has happend to me twice in another thread???

DaveMatthewsBand
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:15 AM
Well don't they just always get their cake and eat it too.... :rolleyes: ;)

tennisIlove09
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:34 AM
wow another big serve from Vee!! Cool. I hope it stays that way for the singles final...which didn't happen in Wimbledon ;)

tennisvideos
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:35 AM
Congratulations to Serena & Venus in a wonderful performance! Great tennis. I was also very happy to see the tremendous support the crowd gave them!

If anyone never got to see it, you can always get a copy from Sports Resources: http://www.users.bigpond.com/tennisvideos1/

servenrichie
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:56 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Venus & Serena :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

G_Slammed
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:15 AM
We are witnessing a real phenomenon in tennis with the Williams sisters.

Too bad people are too fixed on "reclaiming the game" to appreciate it.

G_Slammed
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Looks like Venus is starting to appreciate and is getting serious about using what she's got... the most DEVASTATING serve ever in women's tennis. She served like :eek: in winning the doubles match... setting up match points with 124..then 125... you gotta be kidding me... in a doubles match! ;)

Bright Red
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:24 AM
I was so relieved when they got that first break of serve. After that happened, I knew they were going to get with it.

I'm getting to the point to where I can't even handle the drama of doubles. Now that's sad.

tennisIlove09
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:25 AM

I'm getting to the point to where I can't even handle the drama of doubles. Now that's sad.

LMAO!!

I wasn't worried. Not once ;)

Bright Red
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:28 AM
LOL!

I need to take something for my nerves. I never used to be like this. It was so bad during that Serena semi with Kim that I turned the TV off and went to bed at 4-1 in the third.

Raisin
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Yuppieeee:bounce:

Congrats Venus and Serena:bounce: :kiss: :hearts:

And good luck next time to V and P.

Venus Forever
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:04 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

tennischick
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:35 PM
i think Suarez and Pascual got the shock of their lives. you could tell they didn't expect to lose. what an incredible match. and Mary Carillo was so right. once V & S lost the grim faces and started enjoying themselves, the whole tenor of the match changed. unbelievable stuff out there. unconventional as hell but it worked once again. these sisters are simply always determined to win!