PDA

View Full Version : The future rivals to the WILLIAMS is not on the WTA tour, but in the juniors

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:03 AM
VENUS and SERENA WILLIAMS have built up such a level of dominance, physical but mostly mental, over the current level of top tour players that the only viable hope of a consistent rival will have to be a 14-15 year old who is now playing in the juniors and has not developed the fear factor of the WILLIAMS sisters.

One after another, the top players are crashing and burning under the onslaught of the WILLIAMS' mental and physical level of play and the media pressure to be the next Great Willing Hope against the fantastic American sisters and become a new leader on the tour.

Several top ten players have withered under this pressure in time periods that ranged fro 6 to 18 months. Hingis, Davenport, Dementieva, Mouresmo, Lucic, Capriati, Dokic (though most problems have been a result of family issues) and now one wonders how long Clijsters can hold up now that the media has put a choker label on this outstanding athlete because she has yet to beat the WILLIAMS and win a major in the process.

The juniors that may come on the tour will have seen more play from the sisters, be the recepient of more detailed analysis of their games and hopefully, will not be so easily shell shocked by the media and Richards daughters games.

By the time these juniors are 17-18, that should be able to be consistently competitive with a 24 and 25 year old SERENA and VENUS.
These juniors will probably come from eastern European countries, unless there are more Belgiums hidden in that small country.

So we can possibly look forward to quite a bit of high level, non WILLIAMS tennis in 3 or 4 years it seems.

Zenith
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:15 AM
Painful to admit by the other players and their fans, but it is probably true. Serena has gone into Kim's head now and only time will tell how this loss will affect her. Also for a rusty Venus making a grand slam final without dropping a set just goes to show the Williamses dominance of the WTA.

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Zenith - Not just the high level of the ability of the WILLIAMS, but the general mediocrity of the tour as well.

CJ07
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:28 AM
also isnt there another Williams on the way???
cant wait :D

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:35 AM
mcdonald - I would not really expect the neice of V & S to be nearly as dynamic as the aunts.

But, I have been wrong before.

CJ07
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:04 AM
Richard is coaching her right?

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:06 AM
Richard's son, Richard jr, is coaching the little tike right now, I believe.

disposablehero
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:07 AM
Living with your head up your ass must save you a fortune on colonoscipy.

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:11 AM
DH - Fist Monica, then Kim.
Not so good eh, buddy? :)

Bye disposable trash. :wavey:

jd4eva
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:25 AM
Well Jelena has hired a coach because as she says so she realises she needs to improve he rgame before she'll have any chance to beat the Williamses.

disposablehero
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Do you have any stronger response to my repeated notations of the fact that you are an idiot than "nyah nyah, your favourites lost"?

Or is that pretty much the limit of your intellectual range?

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:41 AM
I haven't the time nor the inclination to be bothered with a sick little creature like you who has built his whole meaningless life around a person who would hate you if she ever met you.

Bye ass. :wavey:

Crazy Canuck
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:29 AM
I haven't the time nor the inclination to be bothered with a sick little creature like you who has built his whole meaningless life around a person who would hate you if she ever met you.

Are you sure that you aren't just taking out the things that you hate about yourself, on others, Tee Rexx?

JonBcn
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by TeeRexx
DH - Fist Monica, then Kim.

Uh...no thanks ;)

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:41 AM
No Ms. Frigid Biatch, I do not hate anyone, even you.
what I said was directed at the person to whom it was intended, even before you butted in the exchange.

Bye. :wavey:

treufreund
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Geez you should be spreading happiness right now. If my faves were playing as well as the Williams right now I would not be so angry. I don't get it. No insulting response needed.

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:19 PM
So, truFiend, why did you have to butt in as well?
It is quite clear how positive this thread was until unwanted attacks came in from a couple of vicious posters.

And then you.
Typical.

GoDominique
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Well, TR, what makes you believe that Kim is not able to be a 'future rival' to the Williams? (OK, she's rather a CURRENT rival)

After all, she's almost 2 years younger than Serena.

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Godom - Kim is a year younger and until she takes out SERENA in a slam or major Tier I event, then she will seem to be somewhat intimidated like many others on the tour.

Kim won in L.A., but SERENA won in that pressure packed Indian Wells event and SERENA just took her out again in the Aussie GS semi.

GoDominique
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Well, if you consider a 'major tier I event' (whatever that is) more important than the Championships ... OK, it's up to you.

But Indian Wells ??? LMAO, that was 2 YEARS AGO. Who cares ???

disposablehero
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by TeeRexx
Godom - Kim is a year younger

1 year, 8 and a half months. Which is considerably closer to 2 years than it is one. While GoDominique may not be my favourite person in the world, he has demonstrated to nobody's surprise that he is smarter than you. And if you don't deal with half-numbers, here's a simple one for you. Kim is 19, Serena is 21. Do the fucking math yourself or get someone to help you.

As for you, you just keep celebrating all the Williams sisters accomplishments by gloating and taunting the fans of their rivals. That satisfaction is the closest thing you will ever feel to real accomplishment in your own life.

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:39 PM
Many people care about that match and that tourney.
It is only exceeded by the slams, tour championship and may be tied with Miami (formerly Ericsson).
Just wait as we approach the month of March.

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Joy - Yes, sometimes a pestilance will follow good times but there are of no matter.

WILLIAMS rule!

CJ07
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:39 PM
TeeRex

you dont think that V and Renas niece will step up to the plate??

NEVER doubt a williams....oh and does she have a sister?? :p

Tatiana Panova
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:05 PM
I think you are right Tr to an extent - the junior players will have that edge just because they will have played the ultra-modern game from an early age.

But I think the Williams are always going to be hard to beat - they are the zenith of what it is to be an athlete and you can't teach that, and their mental fabric is unparalleled and will continue to be so I think.

Also I mean Kim has only just got up to that benchmark of the Williams level, so don't write her off.

I think there may be some players currently on the tour who are intimidated by the Williams domination, but the great competitors like Kim, Justine, even Jelena, will only continue to work harder and improve.

What I hope is that the newer breed have good serves because that is what will equalize the women's game and add depth.

The thing is that there are so many juniors out there now who are "pretenders" and while they may be at the top now, we may never actually see them in the top flight.

TeeRexx
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:53 AM
Mcdonald - It would be shocking for her to be as good as her aunts, plus she would have a mountain of pressure on her as well.

I would teach the neice to play golf instead.