PDA

View Full Version : Was this Kim's biggest opportunity?

_Andy_
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:47 AM
Serena is my favorite, but I thought the collapse of Kim's concentration last night was very sad. I thought that was the best opportunity she had ever been granted. She was on such a high so to lose it in an instant was such an unfortunate waste of everything she worked for.

It was as if someone pressed a giant reset button.

My question is this: Can Kim continue to play like she has been playing and continue to go into the following slams as the the biggest threat to the tour after the Williams sisters?

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:51 AM
Her biggest opportunity to date was the fo 2001 final.

Lisbeth
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Well Serena's playing better now than Jennifer was at RG 01, if I recall correctly, so you could say that was a better chance for Kim. There are probably others which escape me too.

But she's 19 for goodness sake. She's at the start of her big chances, not the end. Of course she'll come back and have more chances. Other players have come back from much worse losses and Kim has more maturity and perspective than most 30 year olds, let alone 19 year olds!

Lisbeth
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:54 AM
btw, "threat to the tour" sounds like you think they are all terrorists, LOL. I assume you mean most likely to beat others, not most likely to destroy ?!

_Andy_
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:54 AM
Sorry, don't really think about the answer to the title, but the answer to the question at the bottom of my post. :wavey:

_Andy_
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Number1Kim
btw, "threat to the tour" sounds like you think they are all terrorists, LOL. I assume you mean most likely to beat others, not most likely to destroy ?!

Actually, I did mean it in a terrorist sense...

Lisbeth
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:06 AM
Oh, OK then ;-)

Rae Q.
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by joy
Guys, don't be ridiculous..the girl is 19, she has game, neither Venus or Serena can win all the slams forever..she will get her turn and it might be the French!!

You said it joy! These losses are just getting Kim ready for her big Slam win. I'm gonna still root for Serena but when Kim wins a slam I'll shout her out and be happy for her also. :)