PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here have defined abs?

selesfan1
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:28 PM
I would like to know how you got to this condition so please tell me.

MartianJoeyWinson
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:34 PM
No, but I have a growing beerbelly, I can tell you how to get that.

Philbo
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:28 PM
I have...and its ALL down to luck...

I swam a lot as a kid and played footy, basketball etc... That involved lots of situps, but I remember the faint outline of abs being there ever sine i was 7ish, and as I got older I got told they would disapear but they havent yet!!

These days I do work on them though..getting older etc...

Sam L
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:31 PM
I try to but it's not a big deal for me, as long as I have a <30 inch waist I'll be happy.

G-Ha
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:49 PM
I have anywhere from a 2-pack to a 4-pack on any given day (depending on what I've been eating lately).

Much of it comes down to genetics. I know guys that have abs and don't even workout/exercise and then I know guys that are in great shape but don't have much ab definition no matter how hard they try.

I'm satifisfied though with my 2-pack. My stomach's flat and my body fat percentage is low, so I don't really care if my abs are defined or not.

Philbo
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:01 AM
It is genetics...

I eat more chocolate, ice cream, soft drink etc than ANYONE I know...and the abs are still there..

I am starting to notice a little bit of fat being deposited there, but I havent stepped foot in the gym this year as yet, and I know after 2 or 3 workouts it'll be hard again...

I love abs on a guy...

Master Lu
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:37 AM
Weeell, theoretically I do have them, or rather I can feel them. lol Problem is the layer of this stupid fat that won't go away. :/ And to think I can't stand beer.

Many trainers say it's easy to get abs, but hard to get them to show through the beer bellies and the like.

MartianJoeyWinson
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:41 AM
I used to have em, but I was thin. Now I've put the weight on they've gone (even fter severe tensing), and well they aint gonna come back for a while.

G-Ha
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Czechfan
I love abs on a guy...

More importantly, would you still love abs on a guy that loves Steffi Graf? :p ;)

SM
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:34 AM
I like my own how they are but they arent Jan-mike style (i wish) just some noticebable outlines which is ok considering i dont do much.

I agree that its genetics can 'help' , but also you gotta make sure you eat lots of protein cos it absorbs fat and gives fuel to your muscles in work outs. So late at night if you have the munchies opt for a protein shake ;) (my tip).

As for exercise i play tennis twice per week (1 hr each) and go the gym twice per week (1 hr cardio, and 5 mins push ups and sit ups). I actually go gym primarily cos it realxes me esp. after a loooooong day at uni, and if i dont go then i find it harder to conecntrate for late night study.

a tip: dont concentrate ONLY on sit ups, you should aim to do your lower abs and the sides cos thats often where the small 'bulge' and lack of definition is most apparent.

Blogger Dives
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:49 AM
I have them, but they come and go depending on my interest in working out. As of now, I'm picking my interest back up. I tend to watch what I eat: mostly veggies or grilled chicken. But I do binge on some chocolate from time to time. ;) I do about 100 crunches a day, as well as yoga and lift.
The only bad addiction I have is drinking too much on weekend when I'm out with my friends. lol

Philbo
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:56 AM
"a tip: dont concentrate ONLY on sit ups, you should aim to do your lower abs and the sides cos thats often where the small 'bulge' and lack of definition is most apparent"

Good advice, obliques and lower abs are what I do spend most of my ab workout time on, the upper abs are fine and dont need much work at all...

"More importantly, would you still love abs on a guy that loves Steffi Graf?"

LOL, NO WAY!!! (good one g-Ha :)) - he'd have to make up for that shortcoming in other area's!! Thesquabbling w0uold never end!!

One of my best mates is german (and a big graf fan), and we constantly give each other shit...its what our friendship is based on..so maybe he'd stand a chance!!!

SM
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:02 AM
As for diet i pretty much live on pasta, lasagne, chicken , rice, and heaps of fruit and eat to my hearts content :) Lots of carbs. cos when your active eevery day you need it!

I wont get in to much detail cos i hate this topic; my neighbour is a fitness fanatic and thats ALL we talk about!! :( This guy is very self conscious, works out for hours each day and has the nerve to complain his near perfect body is imperfect.

Sam L
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Are anyone else concerned with the length of your waist? Mine is just a little less than 30 inch, I want to have it smaller but it's hard :(

I want Daniela Hantuchova's waist :angel: LOL

Philbo
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Sam - Why would you want a smaller waist than 30 inches??

30-32 is perfect imo, anything smaller is too petit!!!

SM
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:46 AM
My sentiments too. You look slim IMO and if you want to go thinner it wouldnt suit a guy. Where you are is fine so stop worrying.

You DONT want to be another hantuchova? :o

selesfan1
Jan 25th, 2003, 05:55 PM
See, My problem is this. I so badly want to eat healthier an workout by my parents are like Why do you want t eat healthy eat all this junk while you're young and you can burn it off. See the problem is also I'm 17 and 5'8'' about 1.75 I think and the keep saying don't worry you'll get taller as you get older. I am tall for ppl at my age at school but, I haven' grown like in 2 years and I think if I do I'll probably only get to 5'10'' so I would so love to work out but it's my parents who stop me from doing this. Also I play tennis and I have lost matches ecause I don't have enough power and my movement is a joke so I want to do it for that. and the other two things is I'd love to go swimming and take my shirt off and not have to worry about what ppl think. I am very comfortable with who I am as a person but I just do not like the look of fat. I tink I'm kind of like sles in the way that she's an athlete but she doesnt look like one. Hopefully i'll start this monday.

per4ever
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:09 PM
good luck selesfan:)

SM
Jan 26th, 2003, 09:38 AM
I so badly want to eat healthier an workout by my parents are like Why do you want t eat healthy eat all this junk while you're young and you can burn it off

It isnt all about WEIGHT and burning it off. Tell them you want to exercise cos its good 4 ur bones/joints ,it reduces risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease etc later in life.

Altho its easy to lose the weight at any time it isnt as easy to turn around the damage done to your health by inactivity and poor diet. Besides, everyone wants to look good and feel good and if your current situation isnt making you happy just tell them that. :wavey:

Jan 26th, 2003, 11:42 AM
No abs, but my stomach is so hard you could stand on it

per4ever
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:43 AM
can I try untitled? :D

Jan 26th, 2003, 11:52 AM
If you want. My brother tried it (he's heavier than me) and it hurt a little bit, but no damage

Flappie
Jan 26th, 2003, 07:22 PM
dunno...just do a lot of sports! :D

Pamela Shriver
Jan 26th, 2003, 08:02 PM
I've never had defined abs...its difficult for giraffes to get accepted into gyms

G-Ha
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Czechfan
LOL, NO WAY!!! (good one g-Ha :)) - he'd have to make up for that shortcoming in other area's!! Thesquabbling w0uold never end!!

One of my best mates is german (and a big graf fan), and we constantly give each other shit...its what our friendship is based on..so maybe he'd stand a chance!!!

Well, I don't know about your German mate, but my love of Steffi is my only "short"coming...:)