PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here drink Soy milk?

selesfan1
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:15 PM
well, I wated to ask if there is a better brand of soy milk because there was like 6 different kinds. I think it tastes like milk with honey and wheat. what do you all think?

LeonHart
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:21 PM
I used to drink Soy Milk all the time, but now that i live in the US i only do on some special occasions :lick:. I like em wit uhhh...i dunno how to say it in english but traslated into english from chinese..oily bread? heh, yo tiow in Chinese, but its REALLy good :) plus..doesn't soy reduce the chance of gettin cancer or sumthin? That's why so few asians get cancer ;)

AjdeNate!
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:39 PM
Sun Soy yummy!

Sam L
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:10 AM
I drink it but not regularly. I don't drink cow's milk so this is all I drink.

BK4ever
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:25 AM
I love soymilk...I usually buy a brand called "Silk"

G-Ha
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:37 AM
I drink soy milk all the time. I get the real thing from a Chinese market...it's so much better than the stuff you find at most regular supermarkets. It's brewed fresh, and doesn't have all the additives and preservatives that the "American" versions have.

LeonHart
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by G-Ha
I drink soy milk all the time. I get the real thing from a Chinese market...it's so much better than the stuff you find at most regular supermarkets. It's brewed fresh, and doesn't have all the additives and preservatives that the "American" versions have.

o yeah...itz all bout the 99 Ranch Market down here in LA haha..;)

G-Ha
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:25 AM
How'd you know I was talking about 99 Ranch?! :) That place rulez!

LeonHart
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:36 AM
ohh u knoe 99 ranch??? where do u live? There's a bunch of em down here in LA, my parents shop there for chinese all the time. But Hong Kong Supermarket's Boba ownz 99 Ranch :sad:

LeonHart
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:36 AM
nvm, i c ur frum San Diego :) awesome

G-Ha
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:47 AM
yeah, I currently live in SD, but I grew up in LA.

The Boba at 99 here in SD isn't that great, but it's good at Sam Woo, the restaurant connected to the market.

LeonHart
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:51 AM
Yeah, by the Hong Kong supermarket there's dis lil Boba store, now u can get mini-bobas and shit...but i still prefer the original big ones. I bought a coconut-strawberry boba once at 99, the strawberry part sunk to the bottom, and tasted like jam, and the coconut part wuz SiCk, i jus threw the whole thing away...

Jan 24th, 2003, 02:06 AM
You have to drink Vitasoy! It's all I will drink

Crazy Canuck
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:13 AM
I used to drink Soy Milk, until I realized it was far cheaper for me to just buy lactose free milk. (I'm very lactose intollerant)

The after taste of Soy Milk really really bothers me - I'm not sure it is exactly.

That said, I don't drink normal milk either, but need it to make cheese sauces or what have you, for cooking.

This doesn't answer the question of the thread, but I jsut wanted to talk about how Soy Milk bothers me :D

LeonHart
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:21 AM
http://jeeptalk.org/crack/smilies/contrib/edoom/sad2.gif http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/aahmed/azcrying.gifhttp://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/contrib/anym/ugh.gif

Crazy Canuck
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:41 AM
I used to like Chocolate flavoured Soy Milk :D But like I said - something about the after taste!

Same with vanilla flavoured stuff - it tastes good but then i have an odd taste in my throat.

Maybe that's just left over from something unrelated :D

Luna_Angel_84
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:09 PM
I drink flavoured stuff called Oy, mainly cos dairy products mess up my skin.

LeonHart
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca
I used to like Chocolate flavoured Soy Milk :D But like I said - something about the after taste!

Same with vanilla flavoured stuff - it tastes good but then i have an odd taste in my throat.

Maybe that's just left over from something unrelated :D

Ohh the chocolate ones are really good. They dun leave as much as an aftertaste as the original :lick:http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/owen/jester.gif

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by LeonHart
I used to drink Soy Milk all the time, but now that i live in the US i only do on some special occasions :lick:. I like em wit uhhh...i dunno how to say it in english but traslated into english from chinese..oily bread? heh, yo tiow in Chinese, but its REALLy good :) plus..doesn't soy reduce the chance of gettin cancer or sumthin? That's why so few asians get cancer ;)

Leon!!!!! yio tiow.... :hearts: :drool: you know.. when i'm in taiwan, my breakfast is cold soymilk and yo tiow... and maybe some bao tze ;) :bounce: :drool: taiwan.. :sad: *miss*

aw, maybe i should move to cali... coz we dont' get too much good asian stuff here... :sad: soy milk in cans.. mmmm... yummy.. :p :mad:

Leon, when your back in taiwan.. do you drink those tea mixes? lil those giant pearls.. Tzen Zou Nai tza :D pudding nai tza... mmm.. :drool:

Curtis F
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:48 PM
I really like Edensoy vanilla flavoured. :lick: Sometimes when I drink it though I feel like "am I'm fooling myself into thinking this is really good for me?" :o

LeonHart
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Martian Marri
Leon!!!!! yio tiow.... :hearts: :drool: you know.. when i'm in taiwan, my breakfast is cold soymilk and yo tiow... and maybe some bao tze ;) :bounce: :drool: taiwan.. :sad: *miss*

aw, maybe i should move to cali... coz we dont' get too much good asian stuff here... :sad: soy milk in cans.. mmmm... yummy.. :p :mad:

Leon, when your back in taiwan.. do you drink those tea mixes? lil those giant pearls.. Tzen Zou Nai tza :D pudding nai tza... mmm.. :drool:

yeah u should move to Cali, there's sooo much asn stuff here, so i dun miss taiwan as much http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/cwm/cwm/smirk.gif. I eat bao tze sometimes for breakfast, if my mom buys them from the supermarket.

I dun need to go to Taiwan to drink those, they have em here, except they're called Boba, but the ones in Taiwan are MUCH betta than the ones here...http://www.jamezbrown.com/mysmilies/contrib/ruinkai/wcurios.gif

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:01 AM
well, lucky you then :p :sad:
*booking flight to cali for the summer* :cool:

King Satan
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:05 AM
I don't drink soy milk, but I used to put some soy stuff in my hair. It said something about sexy hair, so i gave it a shot lol

LeonHart
Jan 26th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by TheGuy
I don't drink soy milk, but I used to put some soy stuff in my hair. It said something about sexy hair, so i gave it a shot lol

:eek: well that's new to me! :D