PDA

View Full Version : Uhm, did anybody else find this weird? (the more I watch the Serena/Kim match)

HAIL-VENUS
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:29 PM
Ok, maybe I've just watched this match way too many times, but I've started to notice little weird things that were going on in the player's box. Did anybody else find it funny that Alexandra Stevenson kept touching Venus? Venus would give these little strange suprising looks to her. Then once, when the camera was on Venus between points, Alex reached down and stroked Venus's hair. Venus, again, turned around with a "why are you doing this" kind of look on her face. I don't know. It was just awkard to me.

moon
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:32 PM
I don't understand why they hang around Alex at all.
Hopefully hanging around the Williams will rub off on her.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:35 PM
alex seems more like serena's friend. they are both total BAPS. venus has said that her only friends are her sisters and family. she was probably like girl get your hands off me.

selesfan1
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:36 PM
I noticed that Venus looked kind of annoyed like whenever they were waiting to sit down like Alexandra Kept talking on and on and on and Venus just had a look of Yeah, whatever.

HAIL-VENUS
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:37 PM
Me neither. I don't like her. She looks so annoying and whiny. Hopefully, I'm wrong about her and she's a really nice person. But I read an interview that she did about a year or two ago, and I didn't find her likeable at all. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong.

HAIL-VENUS
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:40 PM
Hehe, yeah cybelle. Venus was like "I know you didn't just caress my hair....what the hell is wrong with you?" In a polite kind of way, if I might add. I got the impression that Venus didn't really want to be bothered with her that much. And yeah, she was just talking during the points while they were waiting to sit down. Now, she knows better than that.

Venus Forever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:42 PM
I don't think Venus was annoyed. It seemed to be like Venus just said like "What are you doing?" but in a cheerful manner, because she did smile.

TeeRexx
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:48 PM
This thread has taken a strange turn. :)

Jordan.
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:55 PM
pfffff, quit attacking Alexandra :rolleyes:

HAIL-VENUS
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:06 PM
Exuse me....I am not attacking Alex. Well....maybe a little, but not too badly. Anyway, I just thought it was weird the way she was acting towards Venus. I had not idea they were that close :eek:

This thread has taken a strange turn.

Tee Rexx, whatever do you mean by that?

Lisbeth
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:24 PM
OK, I get this I think. Alex must be a really touchy feely person and Venus is not. Alex shows emotions (excitement, nerves) by touching Venus. Venus hates it. I'm with Venus, I hate gratuitous affection from people I'm not really close to but when I react many people think I'm nuts!

I'm glad Alex is friends with Serena and her family, if anyone needs a role model of what a normal family acts like, it's Alex.

CC
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:28 PM
Do you mean Alex and her mother? Her mom is really overprotective and strange so ...

treufreund
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:28 PM
Alex seems like she is trying to live vicariously through the Williams.

Lisbeth
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by CC
Do you mean Alex and her mother? Her mom is really overprotective and strange so ...

If that was addressed to me, then yes that's basically what I meant. Also she never had a "present" dad or any siblings that I know of. I'd hate to think she thinks it's normal for realtives to run around accusing everyone of being lesbians that were red hot for you, etc LOL!

CC
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:42 PM
Unhealthy to have a parent who sit in on your interviews and make corrections. And a parent who doesn't allow you to go on dates unchaperoned at 21 years old.

Lisbeth
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:46 PM
Yes, etc etc.

What, just a minute! Did you say Samantha goes on Alex's dates?! Cripes!

CC
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:49 PM
I don't know if she goes, but after Sept. 11 when Alex's Firefighter friend died in the buildings Alex said they were supposed to go on a date together. But she also implied that they would not have gone alone.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:55 PM
Anyone ever hear of tag-alongs.

That is the inside scoop of this relationship with the Williams family.

Rocketta
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:20 PM
Alex's mother wasn't sitting the box with the Williams was she? If not maybe that's why she likes them cause Moma's not invited and its her chance to get away.

tennischick
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by VeNuS FoReVeR
I don't think Venus was annoyed. It seemed to be like Venus just said like "What are you doing?" but in a cheerful manner, because she did smile.

hmmm you don't suppose Venus is really saying "not in public hon"...:eek:

Berlin_Calling
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:47 PM
lol i saw the stroking hair part. And was that Sam Stevenson that was sitting in the box and started waving frantically to the camara when she was on? :o :rolleyes:

anton
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:50 PM
I met Alex last year and she seemed nice. I know she know v.s. from the california juniors and they are all friends. alex needs to get into better shape and cut her errors to win more.

gweeny
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:54 PM
I don't know why many people dislike Alex. She is a little strange, but not all that strange. I didn't watch the whole match. But I saw the part, where someone touched Venus hair. I thought Venus smiled back. I just thought the person was trying to calm Venus.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:49 AM
LOL, that was defintely not Sam Stevenson waving to the camera's frantically ;)

That is a very good friend of Oracene :)

Bright Red
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:56 AM
I can't say I blame Alex. If I were next to Venus, I'd want to touch her, too. And I know I'd be rejected just as Alex was. Venus always finds her Mama when threatened.

HAIL-VENUS
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:02 AM
Yeah Bright Red. I noticed how Venus inched over closer to Oracene later in the match. LOL. Tennischick, I most certainly hope NOT. Besides, Venus is a dedicated Jehovah's Witness. She would never give in to such advances. Alex should already know that.

Mase
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by treufreund
Alex seems like she is trying to live vicariously through the Williams.

I would have to agree..................

BK4ever
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:48 AM
LOL...I just saw the hair touching incident...ESPN is reairing the match

selesfan
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:53 AM
It was the little girl sitting next to Venus who was touching her hair not Alex.

BK4ever
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:57 AM
She might have been, but I just saw Alex touching Vee's hair. She was sitting behind Vee.

persond
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:04 AM
:D What a really crazy, crazy, silly, willy, nilly, thread!!!!!:D :D

Becool
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Geez...

Is Venus made of crystal??? People can't touch her?

Alex was being nice and friendly, and people are being mad at saying Venus looked like she was annoyed cause she didn't! She even smiled back.. :rolleyes:

And Alex is more friends with Serena than Venus, but it doesn't mean Venus doesn't like Alex..

In fact on the Chase Championships last year, at the party Venus and Alex were actually talking to each other....

1jackson2001
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:32 AM
LOL ;)

:p

Dawn Marie
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:40 AM
Alex touched Venus's hair. It was a gesture.. sheesh. What is weird about that? I like Alex. Venus and Serena like Alex. Alex must be a cool gal if V@S like her company. Imho the gesture showed that they are truely great friends. They did grow up together. Why do you all dislke Alex? Personally I have a high opinion of V@S and if they are willing to hang around Alex, then Alex imho has good decent qualities that are genuine.

Fearless Alex rules.

Come on Hail Venus give the kid a chance.. heheheh.:)

geoepee
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:44 AM
nice post Dawn, i agree

harloo
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:56 AM
ROTFLMBO@Hail Venus. I thought that was kind of weird when she started to carress her hair. I was like who the hell is that? I didn't know it was Alex until I looked more closely. You think that Alex likes Vee or something, and Vee is like WTF? I mean Samantha did say their was wide spread lesbianism on the tour. I guess maybe she forgot to look in her own house. LOL(Just a joke people, don't take it seriously).

Aloysius
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:01 PM
People have said that Alex is a little immature. Have you ever noticed how really young kids tend not to know when they're invading other people's personal space?

Leave Alex alone, you guys. She's a "special" person. You shouldn't make fun of "special" people.

Renee
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Maybe they were talking about hair, makeup, whatever. I touch my friends hair and, no, I am not coming unto them. It is something that everyone of us have done at some time.

ARealVenusFan
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Why are you guys picking on Alex? Venus looked very nervous and uneasy during Serena's match (join the club) Alex was probably making sure she was alright.

And with Alex living vicariously thru the Williams' (hodgepodge) And if she was, what better role models.

spokenword73
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:41 PM
I think Alex is close to the Williams family and has been for many years. She was even holding little Justice at one match...BTW, (maybe Anton) knows whose child Justice is...:wavey: she looks like Isha.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:49 PM
My question is, what the hell is Alex still doing in Australia? Is she playing in Tokyo?

Rae Q.
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by cybelledarkholmexx
alex seems more like serena's friend. they are both total BAPS. venus has said that her only friends are her sisters and family. she was probably like girl get your hands off me.

I totally agree about that. On Alex's site she said she and Serena love to shop and get along great. She never mentioned Venus so I don't think she's as tight with Venus. I know what you guys are talking about (I have the match on tape) but sometimes it's hard to read what people are really thinking or saying because I've been in the same position and the person who was looking at me and my friend talking thought we were having a fight when we weren't at all. But it just looked that way from far away based on the way our facial expressions looked from that distance.