PDA

View Full Version : Mixed : Did someone recognize Martina N reached a Grand Slam semis ?!!

ChrisGermany
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:00 PM
She won against Bhupati/Tulyaganova and is to meet Ulyett/Hantuchova for the finals.

I doubt she can win this due to Ulyett being the younger player to Paes and Hantuchova being a top player in singles AND doubles.

In the other semis, we have Danilidou teaming Woodbridge and Stubbs partnering Johnson. Iīm keen on knowing who do you think will win.

My tip is Ulyett/Hantuchova vs. Woodbridge/Eleni.

But I would want Navratilova to reach a final :hearts:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:01 PM
GO Grandma!!!!!!

tennischick
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:21 PM
yeah i noticed and actually thought of starting a thread but with all of the focus on choking and blisters i wasn't sure that anyone else would care! ;)

actually, Martina partnered with Bhupathi and on the other side of the court was his former partner, Paes! so you know the competition had to have been intense! i would have loved to see some of this match.

i think they are going down to Hantuchova and her partner tho'. unless a gust of wind comes along and blows Dani off the court..;) ;)

ChrisGermany
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:55 PM
itīs a shame both EUROSPORT and ARD turn their back on doubles and mixed.

thereīs no broadcast in Europe untill 9 CET to broadcast Roddick and Schuettler which -of course- is then shown on both channels.

Since the beginning of the event, we saw it live every night. Now that they start at 5 CET in the Rod Laver Arena, they donīt start on EUROSPORT. The ARD, in fact, couldīve shown Roddickīs classic of 21-19 as an introduction to the match and then maybe the sisters doubles or Martina, but nothing.

Itīs really sad that we in Europe donīt see Martina. ARD showed her match against the Williams as a 5minute summary but it was just coincidence that I saw it :(

AjdeNate!
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:56 PM
Good luck Paetilova!!!!

DiZZiA
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:57 PM
Did she???? Good Luck Martina.....