PDA

View Full Version : LOL - Oracene laughed at Serena

GoDominique
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:52 PM
I just watched the 3rd set again. When Serena levelled it at 5-5 and pumped her fists, Oracene pointed at Serena and laughed at her. :o

How can Oracene be so relaxed ? I mean, it was surprising already that she wasn't asleep. :o

Anyway, 100 times better than Lleyton's annoying parents (for example).

Venus Forever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:56 PM
I LOVE ORACENE.

She is just sooooo fun to watch. She laughs at the easiest mistake from Serena, she applauds for the winners from the other opponents. She is just such a class act, and she has a beautiful nature.

Elke
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:06 PM
What did Lleyton's parents do wrong?:confused:

Oracene is indeed fun to watch, also the way she reacted when Venus beat Justine.

griffin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:07 PM
Now we know where Venus got her calm demeanor :)

miranda_lou
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:23 PM
If I were a tennis player I would much rather have a calm, cool mother watching me than an intense one. It would make me more relaxed.:)

I suppose it's really hard for parents to be cool but Oracene is wonderful. She's always smiling and she looked like she was talking to Venus and trying to keep her calm during the bad moments during Serena's match.:cool: Probably one of the reasons Serena and Venus are so good on court and the reason they are still so close is because Oracene doesn't treat tennis as life or death. She just wants them to have fun.:kiss:

The other day during one of Serena's boring matches, Oracene looked like she was trying not to fall asleep.:D I thought that was hilarious.

Volcana
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:28 PM
I've seen her actually asleep. This is not a person with a problem keeping things in perspective.

YSL
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:29 PM
One of the things I've always admired about Oracene is not only how calm she is when watching the matches, but also how she applauds good tennis - regardless of whether the point went Serena or Venus's way or not. That is SUCH a quality I admire in a tennis player's parent :)

wongqks
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:48 PM
yeah i remebre last year when Monica beat Venus, Oracene was standing up and clapping for Monica, how nice :)

RAA
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:32 PM
she is amazingly relaxed isn't she.
I had knots in my stomach and she was laughing it up.
good for her..

Rae Q.
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:38 PM
Oracene rocks! :D What I like most about her is that while the success has been awesome and stuff (so has the money lol) she doens't take tennis so seriously. What I mean is that she's so proud of her daughters no matter what and it's so not a big deal to her if they lose match. Some parents want their kids to win like it's a life and death situation but Oracene cares more about Serena and Venus being happy and health. :)

gweeny
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:41 PM
I think the reason why Oracene is so calm, is that she believes in her children. she believes that they can win, and that gives Serena and Venus confidence in themselves. Many parents need to be that way.

HAIL-VENUS
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:52 PM
I saw that too and thought it was quite funny. Oracene is so refreshing and a joy to watch. Sometimes, she really gets into the matches like Venus vs Jen Ericcson 2001. And somethimes she falls asleep during matches. I like her attitude towards the game and her daughters. :D

tennischick
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:00 PM
Oracene clearly loves tennis. no matter who is playing, if it's a good match, she enjoys it. if it's poor, she tunes out. i actually saw her roll her eyes when Serena tried a lame drop-shot and i laughed out loud. i like her attitude. i also admire the fact that she doesn't seem to carry her children's stress. when asked recently about Venus' plans, Oracene said that she didn't have a clue and you could tell she was telling the truth. this woman lets her daughters live their own lives.

Hewitt's parents just seem more intense. their focus is on his winning -- nothing else. that's OK tho' bec it doesn't seem to bother him any. he's #1 in the world isn't he?

i never saw Kim's mom before last night. she is beautiful -- and she could easily be Hewitt's mother. he looks a lot like her.

HingisLove
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:05 PM
well it wouldn't hurt if you were a pro player to have a mun like Oracene. I have never liked hingis' mother, she seems a little bit scary and I'm not talking about her hair.
I think that Oracene trust in her daughter give them strenght and impowers them.
Just think how proud the sisters must be of their mother and I'm guessing the she herself is just glowing right now :)

Lisbeth
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:08 PM
Oracene is great, no question.

But what's wrong with Lleyton's parents? Sure his mother is a bit excited not like relaxed Oracene but she never criticises anyone else, or spreads malicious rumours, or picks fights or does anything except sit there and support Lleyton and Kim. I dont find a picture of a player's mother standing up or clapping irritating at all!

SerenaSlam
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:10 PM
yes if you are a judgin person, and met oracene before venus and serena, in anyway would the haters on this board be puttin venus and serena down as much as they do? i don't think so. as a hardcore williams fan, venus and serena are much like their mother. if you have seen them on shows, interviews, stuff like oprah, when they have opend up, you would think differnetly about them. when it comes to their tennis, they are very serious. i bet oracene would be acting just like them if she were out there playing tennis!

treufreund
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:26 PM
Oracene is an :angel:

GoDominique
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:47 AM
OK, just to clarify my coment on Lleyton's parents:

TO ME they are (or would be) annoying. To Lleyton they are obviously not, he seems to like it. Good for him.

I couldn't stand to see my parents on the edge of their seats, cheering and encouraging me all the time. :o That would annoy the hell out of me.

I personally think it's better when parents put it in perspective and keep a bit of distance to all this.

The Crow
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Oracene rules :D :D (as long as she doesn't paint her hair orange that is ;))

King Aaron
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Oracene is indeed the model tennis mum. :)

Experimentee
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:57 PM
I love Oracene. Best tennis mum there is :)

Beat
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Elke
What did Lleyton's parents do wrong?:confused:

they made lleyton. ;)

Rae Q.
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by The Crow
Oracene rules :D :D (as long as she doesn't paint her hair orange that is ;))

Actually I like her hair like that. She's so awesome! :D

http://cache.corbis.com/THUMBS/TDIR0968/X00056_9.JPG

The Crow
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:58 PM
I'm not talking about the style, I'm talking about the awful colour, Rae Q. ;)

Rae Q.
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by The Crow
I'm not talking about the style, I'm talking about the awful colour, Rae Q. ;)

Oh I know you were talking about the orange and that's cool. Your comment didn't bother me. :)

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 25th, 2003, 12:55 AM
Oracene is great! She's so nice. She actually went up to Monica after she beat Venus and said I hope you win the tournament. And she is so relaxed and polite to other players. She has a great sense of humour! She is a CLASS ACT...

Zummi
Jan 25th, 2003, 01:10 AM
Oracene is all class!

selesfan
Jan 25th, 2003, 01:15 AM
Oracene is a class act. :)