PDA

View Full Version : What are the reactions on the fact that you're a Kimfan or Kimfreak?

-Fienesse-
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:24 PM
How do people in real life react when they hear you talk soooooo much about Kim (I suppose you all do that...)? In my case my family has to stand it several times a day and especially during a grand slam-period. And they kinda 'listen' to me, but they know that I won't stop talking about her, so they just don't really react on what I'm telling (or I would tell for hours...)
On school and with my friends, they listen to me, but they think like "Yeah, she's just such a freak, but that's nice". But sometimes I feel guilty that I'm talking so much about Kim, it feels like I'm annoying people...That's why i am so glad that I discovered this forum and here I can see and get to know people that feel the same thing as i do...a love for Kim. And it's nice to know I'm not an exception...Love you guys! ;) :kiss: :wavey:

valentine
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:39 PM
I'm like you! I always talk about Kim and Lleyton! The other listen to me but at the end they are fed up with my stories...!
I'm just a lleyki fan and I'm proud of it!!!:wavey: :hearts:

sanstamtam
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:42 PM
It's also the same for me. My friends like Kim but they are not real fan. But this morning when I came up to school, they knew that I was very upset and we talked about the match all the day.:sad:

I haven't listened to the lessons today because I was always thinking about the match.:o

Lleykimmy1
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:46 PM
That's exactly the same for me so that's why I come here everyday and sort of "speak" with you all great Kim Clijsters fan that you are.

ikke
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:48 PM
Lol,
my dad is a bit off a freak himself, so I talk a lot about tennis with him. My sister thinks I'm crazy :rolleyes: , she can't understand why I wake up for a tennismatch, but she always wants to know kim her result.
I turned my friends at shool in little tennisfreaks;) They aslo woke up this night to watch kim play, so they don't really mind when I talk about Kim. They didn't do that a year ago, but since I talked so much about tennis, some off them discovered that tennis is a great sport;) So their reaction is pretty good:D, but I'm also really glad that I discovered this forum :D :kiss:

Bigkimfan
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by sanstamtam
It's also the same for me. My friends like Kim but they are not real fan. But this morning when I came up to school, they knew that I was very upset and we talked about the match all the day.:sad:

I haven't listened to the lessons today because I was always thinking about the match.:o

The same for me! I was thinking about kims loss all day!:sad:

angele87
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by sanstamtam

Exactly the same for me :o

Well my family thinks I'm crazy of course because I don't shut up about Lleyton and Kim, especially during the Grand Slams. With my friends, I have a couple that are tennis fans so I mostly talk about it with them, although today was an exception, everybody knew about it lol

Cilla
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by ikke
Lol,my dad is a bit off a freak himself, so I talk a lot about tennis with him. My sister thinks I'm crazy :rolleyes: , she can't understand why I wake up for a tennismatch, but she always wants to know kim her result.

LOL :D It's similar in my family. My mum and dad like tennis, but I love it more ;) & we all follow it. My mum always says I'm obsessed coz I'm always taking about Kim & Lleyton :p (but she loves Andre and Steffi :o so :p) She came home from work today and asked about Kim's match so I told her what happened & we watched the 3rd set together, then my Dad came home & said your girl choked :rolleyes: My friends don't really follow tennis except one (who loves Mark Phillopousis :o :p) and the others can't stand Lleyton & don't even know who Kim is :o

keta
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:10 AM
My Dad is really into sports soo he ask's me anything about Tennis and i ussualy know the answer. My Mum actually kinda likes tennis soo she sometimes watches it with me and stuff like that, MY sister on the other hand only cares about the guys tennis and who she thinks is hot which sometiems can be funny BUt when lleyton and kim play she ALWAYS ask's me stuff about there match which shits me if its live and i end up yelling at her :o

My Friedns all think its funny how im soo obsesed with tennis and if they know im upste or down or something happened with my mum or dad or soemthing theyll always try and talk about tenis coz they know that makes me happy! :) When lleyton and kim lost they have a go at them but one of my close friends loves tennis aswell and is always aksing me how ll and kim and elke are going, She also wakes up in hte middle of the night for USO FO and Wimby to wtach lleyton and kim's matches soo we ussualy talk on the fone at the same time! :):)

Everyone says that i talk about tennis non stop but they say its good because its ever silent when im arround!! :):)

Hawk
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Might as well add my 2 cents :D I've only got one friend who knows tennis, lucky for me he's just as obsessed as I am (if not more :o) So I get to talk to him about Kim and he talks to me about his fave, but when I'm at home I tend to talk about Kim alot to my mom :) She's not a sports fan at all..and she doesn't even understand tennis..but she always listens to me and lately she's actually wanted to watch Kim's matchs with me :angel: Even though she doesn't know what's going on, she mainly comments on Kim or her opponent..like a couple of nights ago she said Kim has the cutest butt :o lol...Anyhoo I've wondered completely off topic :o..But after her match against Serena I couldn't sleep all night..I just kept picturing the match points over and over in my head :sad: And I thought about it almost all day today..but i'm slowly getting over it. I guess that would make me a freak! Yay! :bounce: lol

pruts
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:00 AM
My mom always listen to me and says yes and she watches the matches off kim and justine :rolleyes: She doesn't like lleyton but when he's playing she ask me his results and stuff.
And my brother also likes kim and lleyton but he's not a freak like me, he won't stand up to watch them. My friends at school allways listen but they don't now mutch of it.
So it's nice that there are other people who like them as mutch as i do! (sorry for my mistakes but you now my English isn't good.)

Primula
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:13 AM
I'm a lucky girl !! A good friend of mine is as obsessed as I am, and my family always watches Kim's matches, except at night!! I'm the only one who watches then ! And luckily my boyfriend likes it also very much, pfieuw !! He watches also (sometimes, important matches) at night ! But I think you can say I'm the biggest fan in my family !

Lleykimmy1
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Everybody that I know say that I'm crazy because during the Aussie Open I got up every night to see Kim and Lleyton playing and even one day I went later at school to see the end of Kim's match ..... ;)

Zoecrick
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:07 PM
My Aunt likes tennis we go to Wimby and this year as we were on holiday in Australia we went to the AO but she is not as obsessed as i am everyday i would buy 3 or 4 aussie papers (as im from England and we dont get much coverage of Lleyton and Kim ,hell we dont even get much coverage of Timmie) anyway every day on holiday i would read and discuss all the articles of Lleyton and Kim she would just pretend to listen and nod so i guess im alot like you guys im pretty thankful for this place its a shame we all cant meet up one day at a tournament and then rave on all day!!1

kit
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:56 PM
My mum and I often watched Kim and Lleyton.But my mum isn't a really fan of Kim and Lleyton.And my friends aren't a Lleyki,too.
So,that's nice here with all the Lleykis!!!:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Kornelija
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:08 PM
I akso drive my family crazy and especially my sister with the stories about Lleyki. And they started thinking I am not far from being mad cause I also woke up every night Kimmie was playing. I just can't miss her playing, I couldn't forgive it to myself. And if I am not able to watch her match then I record it cause I just can't live without Kim Clijsters playing tennis.
I also have some interests in LLeyton. (Actually just because he is a boyfriend of Kimmie). But I don't do that many crazy stuff to watch him playing. Though I do, cause then sometimes they show Kim on TV.:drool: :drool:

sanstamtam
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:15 PM
My sister who is only 10 is becoming a lleyki:o

Stefke
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:22 PM
I'm really a Lleyki-fanatic!!I talk about them all the time and sometimes (often actually:p) it's working on my sister's nerves!!:DAnd my mom is really mad at me when she finds out that I woke up at night to follow Kim and Lleyton's matches on the radio!!!:p

Ting
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:56 PM
I'm like talking about Lleyton and Kim (especially Kim) all the time. My mum likes them as well but she's not really a fan of them. She likes Andre and Steffi so she is getting revenge by talking about them to me though I don't wanna listen. My friends do not mind me talking about them coz they themselves like them too but if I talk just toooooo much they start to wonder when I will stop.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Well, here's the typical dialogue if you're not a Belgian/Australian:::

Person A: Who's your favorite tennis player?

Me: Kim Clijsters

Person A: Oh. Well, I like that Agassi

...it's like, Kim who?!

tfannis
Jan 25th, 2003, 09:09 AM
Same here.....i can't stop talking about tennis and people do listen, but don't respond :sad:
My dad is only interrested when Kim and Justine make it into the world press :rolleyes:....My mom likes tennis a lot...she's the cause of my obsession, but she's a fan of Andre Agassi and not of women's tennis...but she did stay up last night...and she was disappointed too :sad:....Tonight we'll be up again :D, talking about tennis and watching the greatest ever win his 8th GS title :angel:

So when it comes to Andre I get all the attention I need...when it comes to Kim...I'm just called a freak...at home, at college

So VIVA WTAWORLD :bounce: :D

Mazza
Jan 25th, 2003, 01:26 PM
My friends have this stupid rule that whenever I mention Lleyton and Kim or just tennis in general they smile and nod. :o :o or they just take the piss! :o but there is this girl in my year who last year I found out was a tennis fan but... a LLEYTON AND KIM FAN!! :D

as for my family.... well my parents are "wannabe" tennis fans. :p My Dad thinks he knows everything but thats crap because he saw Kim and he said "So thats Lleyton Hewitt's girfriend, Coetzer?!" :o and my mum likes Kim sorta... only because I made her to! :p but she HATES Lleyton! :o She accually prefers players like Tamarine and Paradon but her real love is John McEnroe! :o :o :p

Hawk
Jan 25th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Mrs_Guga
Well, here's the typical dialogue if you're not a Belgian/Australian:::

Person A: Who's your favorite tennis player?

Me: Kim Clijsters

Person A: Oh. Well, I like that Agassi

...it's like, Kim who?!

lol that's so true! When I tell people Kim is my favorite player I usually get a blank stare, since most people only know Serena, Venus, Andre and Pete :p

sweetheart
Jan 28th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Hi guys this is my first post here but I've been a Lleyton and Kim fan for ages. I'm so excited I thought I was the only one who was interested in them. All my family/ friends can't understand my obsession at all, so I'm glad I've found you. :D
I am such a Kim freak I stayed off college for the whole of the final week of the Aussie open, and I didn't go to bed till 9 in the morning the day she played Serena :eek:, I was afraid I would sleep through it!

Aussie_Kim
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Well I'm lucky I guess cos my sister is also a tennis fan & we're real close in age so we talk bout tenis all the time, which drives my parents up the wall. I also have a friend in Sydney (I live in Perth) who likes tennis but she's more of a Lleyton Hewitt fan but I'm slowly turning her into a Kimmie fan as well.

I'm the biggest fan in my family (I've got ova 200 Kim & Lleyton pic on my laptop & I have a different one as background everyday), as well as articles & videos (even one of when Kim was little). I'm the 1st 2 admit I'm obsessed (as my friends quite regularly point out) but whop cares? I reckon its a good obsession.

I must admit my parents think I'm crazy, when me an un-morning person wakes up @ 7am while on uni holz 2 watch the tennis but they just don't understand. I reccently met Kim during Hopman Cup & she was soo sweet & it made it all worth it.

However, being on this chat room is great. I'd never met people so obsessed bout Kim & LLeyton as I am till then.
Thanks 4 this site. It makes my day!!
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
:bounce: :bounce: Go Kim:bounce: :bounce:

I know she'll make the final of Antwerp.

Emza
Feb 9th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Hey you sound a bit like me. Me and my sis(only 18 months younger than me) are the biggest fans in the family. I have over 200 pics on my laptop. I live in Queensland, and I'm pretty much a Lleyki.

Aussie_Kim
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Go the Aussie Kim fans! I bet u luv. Lleyton 2! It's soo funny how every1 thinks Lleyton & Kim r gettin married but I hope they do 1 day!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Go Kim u can Beat Venus
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

thalle
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Hawk
lol that's so true! When I tell people Kim is my favorite player I usually get a blank stare, since most people only know Serena, Venus, Andre and Pete :p

I agree. Since I'm from Denmark, and tennis isn't a big sport:fiery: all the Danes know Venus, Serena and Agassi. Actually, for a year ago, someone dind't even know Sampras:rolleyes:
But, I'm pretty sure that EVERYbody I know, knowes Kim and Lleyton throug me.
I cried when Kim lost to Serena at AO. I was disappointed the whole day, and people really didn't get me. They still don't! :sad:
Good I've got you guys

:worship: GO KIM:worship:

:wavey: Go every Lleyki-fans:wavey:

swedishLleykifan
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:03 PM
In Sweden tennis isn't one of the most biggest sports. None of my friends knows anything about tennis. 3 months ago I weren't interested of tennis! But then my family went to Australia on vacation. One thing we did was to watch the tennis in Australien Open. I saw Kim play! And sence then I'm a fan!

Thalle were in Denmark do you live?

thalle
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by swedishLleykifan
In Sweden tennis isn't one of the most biggest sports. None of my friends knows anything about tennis. 3 months ago I weren't interested of tennis! But then my family went to Australia on vacation. One thing we did was to watch the tennis in Australien Open. I saw Kim play! And sence then I'm a fan!

Thalle were in Denmark do you live?

I live in Roskilde, about 30 kilometres from Copenhagen.
Where in Sweden do you live?:wavey:

:worship: KIM:worship:

Emza
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:04 AM
During a commentary of a Kim game at the Aus Open, one of the commentators said that Kim and Lleyton were engaged. I think it was John McEnroe. Like he would know... My parents abslolutely hate John McEnroe, they think he is, like, the Andy Roddick of their generation. Amazing but a total brat.

I'd rather go shopping for five hours.
Kim Clijsters on golf after recieving a set of clubs from the parents of boyfriend Lleyton Hewitt.;) ;)

Ashie_87
Mar 8th, 2003, 11:43 PM
:wavey:HELLO! :wavey:
yep i'm a freak too...i've only got 1 friend who knows anything bout tennis, shes not really a lleyki but she at least listens 2 me!
My parents n brother n sister reckon im weird... :confused:
When Kim lost in the AO against Serena i was so angry that i took out my frustration on a punching bag...well maybe i am obbsessed and iMY obbsession might be getting unhealthy-but who should care? we Lleyki's aren't hurting anybody. To all those people who think w r weird- BUILD A BRIDGE N GET OVER IT! :fiery:

-Fienesse-
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:24 AM
I agree. Since I'm from Denmark, and tennis isn't a big sport:fiery: all the Danes know Venus, Serena and Agassi. Actually, for a year ago, someone dind't even know Sampras:rolleyes:
But, I'm pretty sure that EVERYbody I know, knowes Kim and Lleyton throug me.
I cried when Kim lost to Serena at AO. I was disappointed the whole day, and people really didn't get me. They still don't! :sad:
Good I've got you guys

:worship: GO KIM:worship:

:wavey: Go every Lleyki-fans:wavey:

Hi Thalle,
I'm studying Danish on school and I'm from Belgium. Next week I'm coming to Danmark. I would like to chat with you, but I couldn't reach you. Do you have msn?? Or you can just mail me at fiendes@yahoo.co.uk
Greetzz!

Fieke
Mar 9th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Hi Thalle,
I'm studying Danish on school and I'm from Belgium. Next week I'm coming to Danmark. I would like to chat with you, but I couldn't reach you. Do you have msn?? Or you can just mail me at fiendes@yahoo.co.uk
Greetzz!

Fien :wavey: Are you guys going on the field trip this year? Say hi to Bauwens and De Kegel from me :) (not to Walraevens, I hate the bastard :angel: )

Thalle :wavey: believe it or not, but there are actually 2 Belgian people on this board who study Danish (well, I actually graduated last year but I'm doing an extra year in England) :D

On topic now :) None of my friends are real nutters like me, but in Belgium everybody goes more or less a bit tennis crazy when Kim is doing well in Grand Slams, so usually people understand my tennis addiction. My mum even got up to watch the AO semi against Serena, although she usually isn't interested in tennis. My boyfriend was not crazy about tennis either, but in January I dragged him along to a challenger here in Hull where Elke and Evelyne Van Hyfte were playing and by the end of the day he was like 'Can we come again tomorrow?' :D He even became crazier than me, because he wanted to drive all the way to Tipton (about 3-4 hours from Hull) if Elke would reach the finals there (Unfortunately she lost in the semis). My next goal is to convince him to go to Wimby :D

Brαm
Mar 9th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Some people find me weird cause I have a framed picture of Kim next to my bed :o:o:o:o:o:o ;)

Come-on-kim
Mar 9th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Some people find me weird cause I have a framed picture of Kim next to my bed :o:o:o:o:o:o ;)

What is framed?

Brαm
Mar 9th, 2003, 06:36 PM
A picture of Kim in a metal frame :)

(un cadre?)

Come-on-kim
Mar 9th, 2003, 08:38 PM
ok!! I understand!! next to my bed I have Kim, Justine, Serena and Lleyton

thalle
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:11 PM
I have ICQ...
But why would anyone learn to study danish???? :confused: