PDA

View Full Version : Live Serie A football to return to British TV

bluepastures
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:25 PM
Italian football has not featured on British TV since C4 dropped it a couple of years ago. Now, however, British Eurosport will cover one live match per week starting at 7pm on February 2.

nasty nick#2
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:44 PM
That's great news for u brits!

bluepastures
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:45 PM
The ONLY downside is that it will clash with live Spanish football which Sky show on the Sunday evening.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:48 PM
It is good news, depends on the game i guess, but if it was 2 equal sized games, i'd stick with the Spanish i guess.

bluepastures
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:13 PM
Yes, for the top Spanish games, but Sky do sometimes pick some dodgy ones, like Bilbao V Villareal. I'd probably switch between the two, and annoy anyone who's watching it with me :devil:

Emola
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:44 PM
:bounce:;)

MartianJoeyWinson
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:57 PM
Not on terrestrial, bugger (mind u I never really enjoyed Italian football, it's go one nil up and shut up shop job).

Why doesn't that freeview thingy get Eurosport? They'd gain another customer in me.

bluepastures
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:04 PM
Someone did tell me, about why British Eurosport got taken off ITV digital, and isn't on free-view. I think Eurosport suddenly increased the price for services taking it.

Whilst I think freeview is an excellent idea for people who aren't willing or can't afford to subscribe to Sky, at the moment the channels on it are very limited. The main plus in terms of sport is BBC's interactive coverage of Wimbledon.

Really, I don't think Cable tv willl ever catch up with Sky in this country. It doesn't help that the companies running it (especially NTL and Telewest) seem to be very badly run in financial terms.
"Freeview" may help to kill off cable tv too. Whilst cable tv is very strong in other countries, that is usually where Satellite tv has less of a foothold.

Heidi Capriati
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:09 PM
Woohooo! :p I used to love watching it on C4 ;)

bluepastures
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:14 PM
British Eurosport's first match looks to be Torino V Inter on Sunday 2 February.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:24 PM
It'll be good to have another option, even if it is first to score gets to sit back and hope the other team doesn't defend still, it can get quite tedious at times, but as i say another option, and for Em, well the greaseometer will reach new heights :rolleyes: ;)

MartianJoeyWinson
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:41 PM
Yeah Freeview would be a good idea if it had British Eurosport on, hmm, might start an online petition :)

I think Sky's a complete rip off, there is no way I'd pay that amount of money just for some extra tv channels and they put the cost up every six months. Usually if there's a footy match I want to watch I go down the pub and watch it. Now you may say "with all that money you spend in the pub you could get Sky".

Wrong - You cannot watch football without beer, so I'd buy beer from the off licence.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:14 AM
You can if you don't drink................like myself :p

dubro
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:47 AM
lmao! ;)

i just watch english footie on tv. italian is a fake (inter apart)

:wavey: