PDA

View Full Version : It's *BORING*

Scotso
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:51 AM
I know they have fans that disagree, but for me this is totally boring.

There is one thing that I really love in this world, and now that every final is "graced" by these hand-crafted machines, I can get no joy from it.

If you like it, fine. But don't go spouting crap about how great this is for the sport - it's not. People keep saying that it's great that the Williams sisters bring "diversity" to the tennis world.

Where is the diversity when two players always meet, and one player always wins.

It's boring.

Are they good? Yes. Does it matter? No.

LucasArg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:53 AM
LOL at this pathetic thread:D

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:54 AM
I can see why you would think that, given you don't like the WS, but would you really be bored if it was your two fav players in 4 grandslams :-) Just wondering.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:54 AM
Hi Scotty, welcome back from your self imposed exile...:wavey:

Pureracket
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:55 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe she won.

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:00 AM
:wavey: Scotso...you're entitled to your opinion..I'm entitled to mine :kiss:. My opinion? Keep bringing them on...it's great for the sport :devil:.

Becool
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:02 AM
I actually understand you Scott...

I wouldn't like if for example, Hingis and Capriati reaching the finals of every Grand Slam.. I would hate it and do exactly what u did..

But now I ask you, what can you do about it? You just have to accept it cause there's actually nothing you can do about it except supporting your favourites to play better and break their streak! I'm sure you wouldn't stop to watch tennis.. But I'm sure you will miss this final..

Well too bad :sad:

But you won't take away our (Williams fans) happiness!!

GOOOO SERENA!! The *Serena Slam* is still alive!! :bounce: :bounce:

CC
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:02 AM
King S of A, the horse is dead.

Scotso
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:08 AM
For the people attacking me, I really couldn't care less. I'm entitled to my opinion.

Serena winning doesn't make any of you special. Does it really feel that good to back a winner? I've been cheering for the underdog in the women's tour for a long time. Maybe I actually have the self-awareness to know that I don't need to judge my success on other people?

I'm just saying to me it's boring. To others too. If you don't think so, that's fine. But you have no right to attack me.

And TopShotta, please take your racist ass out of my thread. Thanks.

treufreund
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:10 AM
You are right. It's boring but also very painful for Kim, Jennifer, Lindsay, Justine or Martina fans. (or amelie or daniela or jelena or monica, etc.) Everybody who thinks that total dominance is good for the sport is crazy. Again, it's up to the other girls to play more courageously. But the Williams sisters definitely have their own ways of rubbing it in the other girls' face.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:12 AM
Oh Scotty...play nice. MMM, thaught you said were leaving the board???? Well, welcome back...:kiss:

Jovon
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:16 AM
Hahahaha

Another Williams vs. Williams final!!!!!!:worship: :worship:

I love this game:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:19 AM
I for one wasn't attacking you, I agree with you that when two players are at the top of the game and they are always winning and you don't like them, of course it is boring to you, at least if one of the Belgians had made it through you would have someone to root for. I couldn't stand Hingis in her hey day, why b/c she was kickin my favs ass, and I don't think I would have been interested in seeing Hingis and her little sis play in every final for a year either.

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Jovon
Hahahaha

Another Williams vs. Williams final!!!!!!:worship: :worship:

I love this game:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

All i can say to that is ...woohoo...:bounce: :wavey: :kiss: :hearts:

HingisLove
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:20 AM
Look, the sisters aren't doing anything else then what our favourite are trying to accomplish.
I think that they are helping tennis, coz see were Kim was before the sisters started their domination and look at her now. She has beaten Serena and then again proven herself by having matchpoint up against her.

Relax and enjoy, now when Hingis isn't playing I can acctually see how well the sisters (and Kimmie + Juju) are playing :)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:22 AM
LOL, I've supported Serena since 1997 before she even had a ranking and Venus since 1996, so don't think all fans are fairweather fans. I've been thu thick and thin, and my faves happens to actually do good. And that's pretty arrogant of you to assume that all fans of V & S base the happiness of their life on V & S successes. I think that's the pot calling the kettle black. And I know becasue I said this I'll go on your shit list...but it's the truth.

and LOL@treu and his comments of how Venus and Serena "rub it in other girls faces"

i've said it before (because i've been it myself) but this is just:

B - I - T - T - E - R

Playa
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:50 AM
Emperor Scott, may be you should switch to skating or hockey,
there's too much drama and fights to get bored.

Robbie.
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:52 AM
this is the first time in the open era that the same two players have met in four consecutive GS finals :eek: Talk about dominance.

tennisIlove09
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:56 AM
it's too good. Venus/Serena, unbelievable.

the only problem I have, is that they never produce good tennis. Especially Venus

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:58 AM
An all-Williams final is the most boring thing....Even more boring than watching grass grow

Crazy Canuck
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:04 AM
Please - Williams finals are NOT the most boring thing.

The most boring thing, is that Andre the Dinosaur is about to whip the crap out of his next two opponents and take home the trophy at the age of 99.

BK4ever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:06 AM
then don't watch it...

blame the other 126 players in the draw for not having the courage to pull off the win

aisha
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:10 AM
This thread is BORING! *Yawn*

tennisfan1972
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:16 AM
LMAO@ rebecca