PDA

View Full Version : What Serena did is rhgt?

GoGoMaggie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:43 AM
She took two injury time outs for the same injury.. is it fair from the sportsmanship's standpoint?

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:46 AM
It's within the rules - and she honestly had 2 separate injuries - a blister on the bottom of her foot and the taping on her toes as well.

Lisbeth
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:46 AM
It's been done before and that's all I'm going to say.

BK4ever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:47 AM
It counted as two injuries because she had blisters in two places, but remember, Kim won 3 or 4 straight games after that

tennisfan1972
She took two injury time outs for two different injuries. I believ she just happened to take them concsecutively or something. cant remember. I guess she was right. Didnt seem to break any rules. Or did she? They showed her blisters on TV they were truly gross. So I'm sure she was legit.

arn
They said it was for 2 different injuries, probably blisters and her ankle or something.

If it's allowed to take 2 timeouts we have to live with it :)

selesfan
She had 2 different injuries. Real gamemenship, she lost 3 straight games after the injury time out.:rolleyes:

fammmmedspin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:15 AM
Unless you bring in a rule saying when blisters can be treated (at ends of sets if that made any sense) people will have blisters treated when they want. It did completely alter the flow of the match though. Serena had time to recover and the lengthening of the match allowed time for her condition to improve. Kim won more games but if she couldn't keep it up for enough games which she might have if the match had been shorter. The crowd also turned nasty which probably hurt Kim more as I think her concentration started to go when the point was replayed for interference. The time-out had a big influence - its just difficult to say precisely what it was and impossible to say it was wrong as Serena's blisters were speaking to Serenas brain not ours.

Rocketta
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:20 AM
kimmie had the match on her racket twice after she broke Serena after the Injury time out. All fault lies with Kimmie and all praise lies with Serena's play, period.