gentenaire
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:31 AM
because I am crying :sad:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:32 AM
Sorry girl! Kim totally threw that away

selesadmirer
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:39 AM
Kim was rushing too much.It is a lesson to be learnrd.

CC
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:40 AM
I'm sorry Tine. I'm sorry Venus.

Lisbeth
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:42 AM
I understand, I am so sad too.

She's not nearly as experienced as Serena and I'm sure there will be other days when it goes the other way. Roland Garos for example!

angele87
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:47 AM
Tine, and another sobbing Kim fans *hug* Personally, I am a mess and I need to be up in a couple of hours for school :o

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:52 AM
:hug: all kim fans......you all have so much class like kim does :)

HAIL-VENUS
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:53 AM
Yeah, I can see how this is disappointing, but Kim played a hell of a match against Serena tonight. I think that maybe lack of experience came into play, as well as nerves. With time, she will learn how to close these type of matches out. Believe me, I know exactly how you feel (Venus losing 3 GS finals to her little sister last year). Expect some really great matches from these two players this season.

disposablehero
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:53 AM
Same as the 99 US Open. Serving for the match, and starts with 2 double faults. If she could have just held herself together there she probably would have served it out to 6-2. Choking at 19 is not a character flaw. Kim is experienced, but she needs to be more experienced yet. She'll get her Slam, and maybe some more to go with it.

HingisLove
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:55 AM
Know what you are going through, it's not easy too see your Fav losing after having matchpoint.

Have to say, Serena baby I won't bee sad if you beat Venus tomorrow coz then you surley diserve this title

BUT, GO Venus!!!

irma
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:00 AM
remember serena two years ago and see where she is now!

Pureracket
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by disposablehero
Same as the 99 US Open. Serving for the match, and starts with 2 double faults. If she could have just held herself together there she probably would have served it out to 6-2. Choking at 19 is not a character flaw. Kim is experienced, but she needs to be more experienced yet. She'll get her Slam, and maybe some more to go with it.

. .. sounds like an EXCUSE to me.:rolleyes:

Playa
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:03 AM
ooops! my bad , i was already celebrating ,Tine...
ok ,now i'll be a gentlman and be gentle to you baby
So... kiss :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Come-on-kim
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:05 AM
Tine, like you I was crying! But I'm telling myself that our Kimmie will come back stronger!

Lisbeth
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:06 AM
Hug (VSFan1 aka Joshua L.) and other kind Williams fans. That was really nice of you, thanks. And congratulations.

kiwifan
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:06 AM
Kim played it smart and tried to let Serena beat herself.

It almost worked.

Don't cry its only tennis.

gentenaire
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:08 AM
Thank you!

Funny how a 6-4 6-4 loss would have been easier to accept.

It's okay to celebrate, Serena's proven why she's a champion, just no gloating, no excuses, please.

Rocketta
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:11 AM
well I think Kim played a great match but I have to agree with Mary Serena was stinking it up and it was all about Serena. Serena was losing the match and she decided, thank god, to win the match. Kim couldn't go from playing not to lose to actually trying to win which is why she wimpered out.

*edited for a special someone* :kiss: :angel:

Serena was just horrible until 5-2. she couldn't get first serves in she was hitting horrible lazy ue's. It was just horrible and still it went to three sets. Someone plays the way Serena played against Serena they lose, 1 & 0. Serena is very lucky that Kim froze up. However, I honestly don't think Kim is anywhere near Serena's level.

Get mad at me all you want but that is what I honestly feel from seeing that match. I think on Clay, Kim is right up there battling pt for pt but hard courts, no not close.

victory1
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:12 AM
Guys Kim needs matches like that in order to grow, Serena was the #1 choker in 2001, lost to Hingis at AO after leading 2 breaks in the 3rd, lost to Capriati in 3 sets at Wimbledon after having 4 match points in the 2nd set, lost to Seles after 6 match point, all that happened in 1 year (there were many more). Basically, what I'm trying to say is look how mentally strong Serena is now.

Scotso
It's okay to cry, I cried. I feel really bad for tennis.

I know we haven't really gotten along in the past but I feel your pain on this one :( I think this is the worst I've felt in years.

Gonzo Hates Me!
I only cried when Rogi lost this tournament. I didn't cry for Guga and I am not going to cry for Kim

Rocketta
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:14 AM
opps I'm sorry I hope that was gentle. :angel:

TSequoia01
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:14 AM
No matter the outcome Kim deserves praise. For being an outstanding tennisplayer and for being an even greater person. Kim and Serena will be battling for years to come. I just hope my heart can take it. ;)

irma
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:15 AM
I agree with victory.

she will learn from it, just like serena did in 2001

BK4ever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:15 AM
BB...go have a glass of wine...it will make you feel better :)

Kimmie will bounce back!

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:17 AM
I think Kim Clijsters proved to alot of people today that she can hang with the big girls. But Serena just picked it up and shoed why she won 3 majors last year. kimmie fans have nothing to be ashamed about...it was a great showing by the Belgian babes!!!

angele87
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Rocketta
opps I'm sorry I hope that was gentle. :angel:

Not at all but ah well

And people, it's ok to cry :kiss: I'm still a bit teary-eyed myself :o

Dawn Marie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:22 AM
Kim choked and Serena played her game at the end. I think both ladies will learn something from this match. I do think that this match was in Serena's hands and when she decided to stop sulking she won it.

Cry Tine, as it is okay to live and feel through our favorite players.

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:23 AM
I'm conflicted too, I wanted Serena to WIN, but I really feel bad for Kimmie b/c she was up 5-1 in the third I just knew she had this match.

Sorry Kimmie Fans :-(
Kimmie is really a great person, she still gave up the double kisses at the end of the match, and I don't think I would have been. I'm sure her time will come she is def the #3 player in the world.

Althea
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:23 AM
BB , I know it's rough and I don't know exactly how feel you feel at this moment but if it's any consolation (sp?) at all>>> for most of the match I really, really thought Kim was going to win and was feeling very sick at heart.. ((not because of not liking Kim but because I'm a Serena Fan). Holding on to my sanity just by a thread ...praying Serena could pull it off ... it got so bad thought I thought I'd have to bust out the Pepto (med for upset stomach/heartburn)

That said... if Kim had won I would have have been happy for her because she appears to be a really together person who doesn't get caught up in the madness... just gets out there and plays her game.

She'll be back like all you(Kim Fans) know that she will!!

:D

Chance
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:27 AM
Kim fans - remember this will only make her stronger. :)

Kim is such a sweet girl, I'm sure she will win a GS- just wait and see.

Rocketta
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by angele87
Not at all but ah well

And people, it's ok to cry :kiss: I'm still a bit teary-eyed myself :o

sorry again I really mean it. I was teary-eyed the entire match so both fan sets went to hell and back this match.

Dawn I agree both will learn from this match. Serena will learn how to defend a little better, even though she wasn't defending I think she thought she was defending the "Serena Slam" and Kim will learn how to control her nerves and close out the matches against top players. I'm sure they are all use to people just giving them games when they are up 5-1 so they don't really have to harness the nerves that much. I'm proud of Serena that at least if she didn't win she decided in the end not to ue it away.

angele87
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:35 AM
Rocketta, there's a little edit button on the bottom of your post if you really mean it :kiss:

Rocketta
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:40 AM
Rocketta, there's a little edit button on the bottom of your post if you really mean it :kiss:

I'm sorry if you'll feel that wasn't gentle, I'm not sorry for my feelings. But because I'm in a good mood tonight what part would you like me to cut?

gentenaire
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:41 AM
Dawn, that was a cheap shot. I thought I'd made my point perfectly clear in that other thread, apparently not.

Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Pureracket
. .. sounds like an EXCUSE to me.:rolleyes:
We don't need to make excuses for Kim. She lost a match to the #1 player.

angele87
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:44 AM
Rocketta, I think you've just become my favorite Williams fans lol... thanks :kiss: Erm, I think the bit about Kim being no closer to Serena than Loit is just a tad untrue lol... everything else can say ;) :angel:

Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:45 AM
Did anyone else just want to go out there and serve out the match for Kim?

Rocketta
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:51 AM
Rocketta, I think you've just become my favorite Williams fans lol... thanks :kiss: Erm, I think the bit about ******************is just a tad untrue lol... everything else can say ;) :angel:

done! ;) :D

angele87
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:53 AM
Thanks a lot Rocketta :kiss: :kiss: And sorry for being a bit emotional lol

Rocketta
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:56 AM
no problem angele, I totally understand. ;) Have a good night! Its 3am and I probably got work tomorrow since I don't see any snow outside! :( :mad:

Jovon
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:22 AM
Kim's fans do not need to worry. Kim is up there with the best and will come back strong!

Congrats to Kim for a great fight!

servenrichie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:00 AM
Tine, if it is any consolation, the pain will go away with time (i have expereinced it before)

The good that came out of it is that Kim is not over-hyped. She is up there with the best and she will take her lessons from this match. I believed Serena was gone at 5-1 and i wasnt very, very sad. Kim is a great girl!

tennischick
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:16 PM
Kim has youth on her side. i'm sure that she will never let this happen again. she will look at this match and learn a whole lot from it about how to win and how not to win. she played a fantastic match up until the end.

as someone else said, choking at 19 is not unexpected. it was a huge moment for her and she became too aware of it. that's all. did anyone notice that she stopped looking at her strings as much (between play) during the last set? that may have been the mistake.

Lynx
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:45 PM
Well, I'm really thankful to the majority of Serena fans in here! You're really nice ppl !! I'm a little bit surprised: being relatively new, I thought a lot of you ate Kim fans for breakfast... lol :o

From another hurting Kim fan: thank you for your kind words. :)

And congrats, Serena - what a comeback in the third!!

ARealVenusFan
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:49 PM
All my sympathy to Kim Clijster Fans today!!

servenrichie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:22 PM
Lynx a lot of Williams fans also have Kim as their second favourite, things started detoriating with some Clijsters fans, that do nothing except bash Venus and Serena.
I know that when Venus and Serena are not in a tournament, i root for Kim or Monica to win it all.

Lynx
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:34 PM
Clijsters fans - bashing? :eek: I find that very hard to believe. Not real Kimmie fans, they couldn't be! Bandwagon-jumpers, maybe.

Well, Venus is on my fave list too, although Kim, being kinda my "girl next door", will always be my number 1.

Hawk
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:37 PM
Wow everyone is being so nice to the Kimmie fans..Thanks guys :) I couldn't sleep all night after the match..my mind just kept going over those 2 match points over and over again..:sad: I'm my own worst enemy :(

Linnie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:32 PM
Sorry, Tine. I'm heartbroken, too :sad:

jean_genie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:42 PM
I was sad for Kim too. I root for her when she's not playing Venus and I think this time I rooted for Serena just because of all the hype surrounding Kim taking her down. Kim's a great player and she's shown that she'll be here in the later rounds of the Grand Slams for years to come. Now GO VENUS, beat your little sister to start off 2003 with a Slam bang:bounce:

Kart
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:45 PM
Kim played a great match to me, and hopefully to herself, she's shown that her win last year over Serena was no fluke and she could do it again.

RAA
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:56 PM
sigh
I'm sorry for Kim fans, but not in a condescending way, in a sympathetic way. She played brilliantly. honestly, when I was watching i really thought- Kim deserves to win this match, no excuses this time like Serena was tired etc. I thought she WON it (while serena certainly helped by playing idiotically).

But as many others have pointed out, it is NEVER easy to close out a match. Serena "choked" for about 2 years before getting her head together. Davenport is currently having this same problem. Kim doesn't have a history of getting tight anyway, she will take this as a great lesson learned. You MUST finish matches if you want to be at the top.

Great match from Kim. I thought she was agressive (most of the time) when she needed to be. I thought her emotions were very well under control. she played professionally - I admired her demeanor. she was focussed. she turned many many defensive points into offense. she was great and is VERY close to getting back to a GS final and perhaps winning one.

ot1962
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:39 PM
A Gentle sorry to Kim fans.
She is a great player and a Wonderful person.
Remember it's only a TENNIS match, as Kim and the Sisters would say.

arn
Jan 25th, 2003, 06:02 AM
I only saw the match today on Eurosport before the final. It was not that bad. A couple of errors, these double faults. It's not that all of a sudden, Kim was playing badly, it's just that Serena played absolutely brilliant.
But Kim will get her slam.

arn
Jan 25th, 2003, 06:06 AM
Euhhhhh, OMG, I am not Arn, I am Hagar! Arn has been working on my computer at home and I am registered as Arn here. Sorry, Arn.
I got the scare of my life discovering I had turned into Arn (though I would not mind to be 20 years old again...)
:D