PDA

View Full Version : Holy Shit! Serena Won!!

TeeRexx
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:31 AM
What a match!

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030123/capt.1043310800australian_open_tennis_mel151.jpg

Congrats SERENA!!
Good match Kim.

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:33 AM
She literally pulled that match out of her ASS. Congrats to Kimmie anyway :-)

TeNnIsFaN
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:34 AM
Wow...Great match from both players..Kimmy...:sad:

Hewitt225
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:34 AM
now i hate serena williams...but anyone who has won 3 fucking slams in a row deserves to win one more. but damn kim let that shit go .....oh well looks like serena is aussie open champ. b/c you know venus will just give it to her.

HAIL-VENUS
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:43 AM
You can say "holy shit" again!!! I couldn't believe it. Down 1-5 in doggone 3rd....what a fighting spirit. She really wanted to win this match and she did in dramatic fashion. Good game plan Kim. She played a really good and solid match, but she couldn't close it out. What a fight!!!

Jeff
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:50 AM
What an amazing come back by Serena Williams! I was gritting teeth throughout the entire match. I couldn't believe how horrible Serena was playing...definetly not her "on" day.

But she proved why she is the #1 in the world. There's no denying it. Sadly, even when I and Venus had our face covered anticipating "Game, Set match Kim," Serena reached inside into the bottom of her gut to win that match!

Very sorry for Kim. She definetly deserved the match up 5-2, but Serena deserved the match overall with that come back! :D :D

GO SERENA! GO VENUS! Venus vs. Serena for the 4th consecutive time :kiss: :kiss:

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:56 AM
Serena played her ass of in that third set...amazing..I'm still trying to recover :eek: :eek:...great work Serena...and shout out to my girl Vee for taking care of business. Hope they have a great time in the finals!!!

Rachel
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:57 AM
Man, unbelieveable ... Congrats Serena on a huge fightback, and I agree - Kimmie :sad:

LucasArg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:00 AM
Congrats Serena:worship:

Dawn Marie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:03 AM
I was chatting with some people and I kept sayin while Serena was down 1/5 that it ain't over. Still is hope. Serena only had to take it to Kim cause Kim was playing it too safe imho.

Great match and what fighting spirit from Serena. Better Luck next time Kim:)

BK4ever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:07 AM
DM...I totally agree with you. Kim was never asserted herself in the match...Serena was handing it to her and she was taking it. Once she had to work for it, she was lost.

This will be the biggest lesson she has ever learned.

Play to win

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:08 AM
I must admit too, I counted Serena out at 1-5 in the third, I almost stopped watching, not b/c she was loosing but I couldnt' understand why she couldn't hit the damn ball. Serena gives me panic attacks.

servenrichie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:19 AM
What Jeff said.
I am still speechless!
Phew!!!

anton
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:21 AM
SERENA!! good job@@ !!

serena started hitting winner from nowhere and distroyed kim's serve. but dont beat venus!

Raisin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Jeff
What an amazing come back by Serena Williams! I was gritting teeth throughout the entire match. I couldn't believe how horrible Serena was playing...definetly not her "on" day.

But she proved why she is the #1 in the world. There's no denying it. Sadly, even when I and Venus had our face covered anticipating "Game, Set match Kim," Serena reached inside into the bottom of her gut to win that match!

Very sorry for Kim. She definetly deserved the match up 5-2, but Serena deserved the match overall with that come back! :D :D

GO SERENA! GO VENUS! Venus vs. Serena for the 4th consecutive time :kiss: :kiss:

I second that.
Serena:worship: :bounce:

anton
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:25 AM
kim's mistake was she was hoping for errors up 5-2 and they didnt come. instead serena turned up the HEAT!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tinkerbell
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:44 AM
serena is absolutely amazing & i knew she would even when she was 5/1 down i still knew she would win. i'm so gutted for kim though.

TeeRexx
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:50 AM
Hail Venus - One HS is enough for now. LOL

Darn, poor Mary Jo had breakfast with Kim, ate oranje marmalade and told her how great she was, how she could whip both WILLIAMS probably gave her a few pointers as well.

Now she has to eat what SERENA served up and boy it is hot and stanky! :eek: LOL

anton
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:54 AM
that was just amazing! to win 5 games in a row against the "hottest" player! go serena!

Informative
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:04 AM
Serena proved once again that it takes guts and courage to fight so hard when you're literally "down and (seemingly) out." Kim played a great match but at crunch time Serena had what it took to win. Like I always say: PERFORMANCE (especially under trying circumstances) is what counts in sports. Serena and Venus embody that truism everytime they play whether they are doing well or not. There's no substitute for finding the will to compete...That's why they are the best...

TeeRexx
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:22 AM
Informative - Well said indeed.

RAA
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:02 PM
UN - FREAKIN- BELIEVABLE!!
wow
that was amazing.
serena, wow, was NOT playign well.
Kim was playing well, great defense, keeping her emotions in check.
can't believe how this match turned out!
I'm exhausted and going for coffee.
congrats to both players!!!

Experimentee
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:08 PM
I cant believe she pulled it out. Great win Serena. Its a true sign of a champion when she manages to win from so far down and when shes playing probably the worst match of her life.

Sonja
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:22 PM
Oh Kim, you coulda had that one! :(

But WOW Serena major props to her for hanging in there and pulling off the win!

fleemkeģ
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:27 PM
great comeback Serena!!

Great tournament Kim!

budgirlbz
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by TeeRexx
Hail Venus - One HS is enough for now. LOL

Darn, poor Mary Jo had breakfast with Kim, ate oranje marmalade and told her how great she was, how she could whip both WILLIAMS probably gave her a few pointers as well.

Now she has to eat what SERENA served up and boy it is hot and stanky! :eek: LOL

why do you say poor Mary Jo? there wasn't anything bad said against the williams'...

budgirlbz
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:59 PM
yeah i agree it was a good match for both players...credit to serana for getting it all together in the end...but i think she could lose the crankiness...but nevertheless, great win.

and to kim...i was so sad for her but i am amazed at how you started this game and keeping your emotions to yourseld even after you lost...what a great match from you.

TeeRexx
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:35 PM
Budgirl - Mary Jo has really been backing Kim when she should be at least somewhat objective and impartial now that she is a commentator.

From her face she was in shock after saying how Kim may be the best and she took out both Williams in L.A.

ARealVenusFan
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:43 PM
But did you notice that at the end, MJF had to admit there were extenuating circumstances to Kim's win: 1) Serena playing a marathon match with Cappy; 2) Venus retiring before the match because of injury.

Wow! How things have become crystal clear after Serena's win.

TeeRexx
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:50 PM
Realfan - How true. Mary Jo earlier made it look like Kim had kicked VENUS'S butt in L.A.

Nice hype job. :)

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:23 AM
I am still thrilled by that great win by SERENA! :)

Becool
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:36 AM
Love the picture :)

GO SERENA!!!! :worship: :worship:>

TeeRexx
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:08 AM
becool - That pic tells the whole story, eh?

TeeRexx
Jan 26th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Sorry, but I had to bump this thread just one mo 'gin LOL :)

What a win!
What a slam!
What a grand Career SERENA Slam!