PDA

View Full Version : When will the draw be out?

Jarrett
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:02 AM
Does anyone know when the draw will be made?

ghosts
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:51 AM
Maybe on Saturday, because main draw starts on Tuesday :rolleyes:

Mattographer
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:39 AM
Tuesday? WOW!

Lindsayfan
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:59 AM
tuesday?OMG!so long we have to wait! :eek:

Benny
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:59 AM
Woah...Tuesday - BIG WAIT!

Shine On Silver Moon
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:15 AM
It is tier I, please...Japan...onegai shimasu!...tazukete...At least, where is the draw for qualifying round which will start on Saturday? It is gonna be tough field even just qualifying I suppose...For MD, it should be out by Monday since they still play for qualif finals...:( :cool: :D :wavey: :bounce: Anxious badly!:confused: It'd better tomorrow, my dear Japanese comrades!:rolleyes: ;)

ChrisGermany
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:25 PM
What could be a reason to wait for the whole draw if they play final qualifying round on Monday ?!

That´s rubbish.

Everywhere the main draw is made leaving 4 spots open for qualifiers and enter they names on Monday.

If I know everything correctly, the Tokyo event is best known for the only every-player-press-conference ahead of a tournament, that should be on Saturday or Sunday, I suppose we will see the draw on Sunday morning/European time.

The qualifying draw could very well be out Friday or just Saturday morning/European time.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:09 PM
I'm gonna get the live coverage of the event everyday during the week. so hopefully i can keep you all updated on the latest matches.

baico
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by gogomaggie
I'm gonna get the live coverage of the event everyday during the week. so hopefully i can keep you all updated on the latest matches.

would be nice of you :hearts:

ktwtennis
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:17 PM
That would be great!!!! I can't wait!

Jorn
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:11 AM
The quali draw will be done tonight (Friday Japan time) the maindraw Sunday night

Shine On Silver Moon
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:11 AM
I cannot believe it! It is slow process just to have qualifying draw...I thought the Japanese are very efficient and prompt as they always expect such thing from other people...They could have finished qualifying draw at the latest by 5 PM this afternoon local time there...But definitely not tonight...So much for tier I!:( :o :mad: :eek: Are there many withdrawals or what?:confused:

ChrisGermany
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:40 AM
Capriati and Kournikova just withdrew

Buitenzorg
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:44 AM
What happen with WIDJAJA?