PDA

View Full Version : Venus books the first berth of the final

GoGoMaggie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:49 AM
She beat Henin quite comfortably n is now in the final waiting for the winner of the match between Kim and Serena.

england_rules
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:50 AM
:confused: It's only 6-3, 5-3!

selesadmirer
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:54 AM
not yet.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:56 AM
She did!!! what are you talkinga bout???

BigTennisFan
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:57 AM
It's over. Venus wins 6-3, 6-3.

Infiniti2001
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:58 AM
Go Venus!!!:bounce: :wavey: :bounce: :kiss: :bounce: :) :wavey: :kiss:

disposablehero
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:58 AM
From the stats, looks like a relatively poor match on both sides, with the big difference being that Venus won most of the points where her first serve went in, and Justine won less than half on her own.

"Topaz"
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:59 AM
Yes 63-63, Venus is in the final!

Congrats big time, Vee!

Good tourney, Juju!

fleemke³
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:00 AM
First set had to be Justine's, in the second Venus was playing good, to good!

Great tournement Justine, great win Venus!

CJ07
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:01 AM
Venus played crap in the first set but raised the level of her game in the second

in the first she made 18 errors, in the second 12, which isnt too bad.

Those DF and only 39% Second serve winning percent bothers me though

The 7 aces and 197 KMPH dont though :)

Go Venus :bounce:

Lisbeth
Wow, congrats to Venus, 4 straight gs finals is no mean feat. (I reserve judgment on whether I hope she wins it till I know who she'd playing!). Bad luck Justine but she had a good run.

Sam L
Justine's serve was a joke :eek:

Venus played relatively well, strong serves and the backhand was formidable. The forehand is STILL a weakness that can be exploited by Serena as is the second serve. I don't think she can beat Serena if they meet in the final.

Anyway, good luck in the finals Venus :)

DD
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:02 AM
thank you for beating justin confortably. you didnt make me nervous

now serena take out kim.

fleemke³
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Sam L
Justine's serve was a joke :eek:

Well it wasn't good but don't forget that Justine always has to take risks on her serve to get pressure on the opponent. She doesn't have that much power to create the pressure in rally's

Sam L
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:04 AM
Yeah bad luck Justine, she'll come off well from this tournament I think. Semi-finals at Wimbledon and now Australia, cemented herself as a top 5 player for sure.

She hit some really good slice backhands which made it really hard for the incoming volleyer, it's a weapon she should try developing on.

TeeRexx
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:05 AM
Yeah, VENUS played like pore crap, but she whipped Justine easily.
Hmmm, what does that say about the rest of the tour if a crap player like VENUS can whip all of them. :p

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:08 AM
If Serena makes it to the final playing like she did yesterday Venus won't be holding up the big check...........She picked it up at the end I don't know why she can't always play like that though!

Venus Forever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:15 AM
WIN THE TITLE VENUS!!

:bounce::worship::bounce::worship::bounce:

HAIL-VENUS
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:18 AM
Still a good win for Venus, but she's gonna definitely have to get better placement on her first and second serve in the finals. I'm glad she won and is on to her very first Aus Open final, but I don't see her winning if she continues to play the way she did tonight. :sad:

joao
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:36 AM
Congrats Venus! First AO final and 4th straight GS finals!!!! I'm confident she will step it up in the finals to lift that beautiful trophee!!!

I was quite surprised by the power of Henin tonight. I had never really realized how much power she has actually! Good effort though ... your turn will come ... one day ... as long as Venus is not in your way!