PDA

View Full Version :

Car Key Boi
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:40 PM
In This Blank Thread, we discuss what religion is all about

here's my view

there are countless different religions and gods throughout the world and each follower believes their belief system is right and all others generally go to hell. It's such a joke it would be hilarious if it wasn't for the fact that religion is the biggest killer of humans of all time

religion is a tool used to control and manipulate people and keep them in line, so people with shitty lives will stay somewhat peaceful, believing "god will help me", instead of rioting and creating havoc. There is a direct correlation between wealth and level of relgiousness - the poor are the big believers while the rich are more often non-believers

overall I would say religion is not a bad thing in theory because it prevents some of the mass havoc I mentioned above, however the net result is negative due to the fact most of the truly horrible violence and war in the world is due to religion

Discuss.

Josh
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:54 PM
http://websmileys.bei.t-online.de/schild43.gif

Car Key Boi
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Josh
http://websmileys.bei.t-online.de/schild43.gif

thanks dude :)

LeonHart
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Car Key Boi
In This Blank Thread, we discuss what religion is all about

here's my view

there are countless different religions and gods throughout the world and each follower believes their belief system is right and all others generally go to hell. It's such a joke it would be hilarious if it wasn't for the fact that religion is the biggest killer of humans of all time

religion is a tool used to control and manipulate people and keep them in line, so people with shitty lives will stay somewhat peaceful, believing "god will help me", instead of rioting and creating havoc. There is a direct correlation between wealth and level of relgiousness - the poor are the big believers while the rich are more often non-believers

overall I would say religion is not a bad thing in theory because it prevents some of the mass havoc I mentioned above, however the net result is negative due to the fact most of the truly horrible violence and war in the world is due to religion

Discuss.

that's why im atheist ;)

toreador
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:17 AM
i'm an atheist 2 and very selfish