PDA

View Full Version : IW moves women's final to Sunday

Tratree
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:46 PM
According to The Desert Sun in Palm Springs, The Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells has moved the women's final to Sunday with the mens. I'm guessing the finals will both be televised together. Didn't they try that in Miami one year? It will be interesting to see if they shove the women's semis on Friday and men's on Saturday or if they intermingle them.

btw....this thread is for people who want to discuss the tournament in Indian Wells. If you want to come in here and rant about what happened in 2001, make your own thread. Some people actually do like this tournament, even though we miss the top players immensely.

irma
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:51 PM
I think miami did it in 99 but the semis where still on thursday as I far remember

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:23 PM
Hopefully that means they can make the mens final 5 sets again.
best of both then :)
Last yr it was 3 sets cos of TV :rolleyes:

blue249
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:42 PM
Does anybody know when the I/W commitments are going to be published??

Thanks

miranda_lou
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:00 PM
If both finals are on Sunday and the men are playing 3 of 5, how can television show both matches?:confused:

ASV
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:26 PM
I don't like it because the players won't get much time to prepare in Miami and get used to the HEAT

gourownway
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:22 PM
I plan on going so this should be interesting. I wasn't going to stay for the finals but if that's the case, maybe I'll drive back in on Sunday to see both.

tennisIlove09
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:25 PM
with no Williams, Williams, Capriati at this event, it may get boring. Why delay the final? get it over with!

selesfan1
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:30 PM
I really ike this vent nd it's a pitty some players don't comeback because this event is a really good one.

gourownway
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:40 PM
It's a bummer that the W/Sis and JCap haven't been in a while, but it usually has a fairly strong men's field. I think the only other chance I will get to see the guys play is at UCLA in the summer, so it's worth it to me.

I can always see the W/sis and JCap in L.A. or San Diego.

ColinB
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:54 PM
I've seen the Indian Wells committments - they are at the Babsi Schett sit - I cant remember the web address off hand...

Jen is playing.. In fact all the top 20 are playing except for Venus, Serena and Henin and Hingis. Even Mauresmo is playing this year.

Looks like Clijsters and Hantuchova will be the top 2 seeds though.

ktwtennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by ASV
I don't like it because the players won't get much time to prepare in Miami and get used to the HEAT The men do it, and if the women want equal prize money, they need to be able to do this without complaining...This should help their cause!

Brian Stewart
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:03 AM
What time will the finals be held? Is it possible one will moved to the evening?