PDA

View Full Version : Grunting should be prohibited.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:19 PM
some players' grunting is quite annoying n distracting their opponents. so I declare my opposition to grunting.

ARealVenusFan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:23 PM
Too bad! They better learn to ignore it.

Jordan.
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:26 PM
You cant really help grunting :rolleyes:

Bероника
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:31 PM
No it shouldn't.Some players need to grunt to play their games.

Mase
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:50 PM
Yeah have to agree, thats just a part of some players.....

Messenger
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:54 PM
I've heard Maleeva grunt before.

Brαm
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:59 PM
Breathing should be prohibited too.

disposablehero
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:03 PM
Thank you, Miss Tauziat, your concern is noted.

Holmespinlove
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:54 PM
if that was to be made law...
MONICA SELES will be outlawd for life....:devil:

All hail Serena :worship:

AgassiGirl16
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:20 PM
you can't prohibit grunting. I know from experiance that some players have to grunt on order to play. I had to start grunting when I hit the ball, because I didn't breathe during points, and my coach pointed it out to me. So, I like thr grunting...I think it's entertaining.

Mary Kate

Rollo
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:48 PM
How many "decimals" would it have to reach before it was banned Gogo ? Would the British tabs bring back the Grunt-o-Meter?

Perhaps as punishment the offenders could meet Jennifer in a dark alley. Or be subjected to a video of "Monica's Greatest Grunts".

Poor Rollo wouldn't last a game. Heck, I even grunt on drop shots.
In fact, I even grunt louder on drop shots cause it fools my opponent into thinking a hard shot is coming:devil:

Rollo
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:59 PM
Hi ya Viva :wavey:

How's Portugal these days? It's like an ice-box here in the eastern US. Just watching the Aussie warms me up!

I'm a Capriati fan (really!) but it was too good to let it pass.

Iroda_Fan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:36 PM
That would be cool, cause that's serena's weapon to imtimidate her opponents. just watch her videos and you will see that when she's winning she doesn't grunt that much but when she's losing she grunts louder then seles. Only seles should be able to grunt, cuz she started it.

Sonja
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:38 PM
Grunting is just a natural part of the game. I think for most of the pro players it is easily ignored.

Rollo
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:42 PM
Hopes it warms up your way Viva. All reports are Monica is quite fit this year-I know you'll be looking forward to the French with her and Guga to do well :)

BTW Iroda-Grunting has been around for a lot longer than Seles. I remember when Connors was #1 in the 70s people complained that his grunts sounded like a seal.

Havok
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:29 PM
grunting rocks. you can't take that away.it just adds to the exitment and to the momentum.

ys
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:33 PM
Yes, absolutely. Those players who can't keep from grunting should be ordered playing muzzled.

oggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:09 PM
Yes. Not only should they be prohibited from grunting, but also imprisoned for having already played so many years like that, constantly distracting their opponents.

ktwtennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:39 PM
No it shouldn't! This angers me because just tonight while I played, I grunted!

tennischick
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:32 AM
grunting i can handle. it's the shreiking that gets under my skin. especially when Monica does it. sometimes she gets so completely wild and out of control that i either have to watch her on mute or turn off the TV. Serena's occasional shrieks i can handle, but Monica shrieking on every flipping shot can be too much to bear.

actually i think all players should switch from grunting to moaning like Guga. so deep and sexy...:kiss: :kiss:

servenrichie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:49 PM
IRODA-Fan wrote:
That would be cool, cause that's serena's weapon to imtimidate her opponents. just watch her videos and you will see that when she's winning she doesn't grunt that much but when she's losing she grunts louder then seles. Only seles should be able to grunt, cuz she started it.

I swear some dimwits dont even bother reading thru what they wrote before saving it. Iroda-fan, if you actually take time to reflect on this drivel, you will know how foolish you are:mad:

tennischick
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:00 PM
why do you always have to get so nasty servenrichie? just say you disagree and spell out why. but you always have to stoop to personal atttacks and then turn around and accuse others of doing the same. sheesh!

servenrichie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:34 PM
What should i agree/disagree with tennischick? Players should be banned from grunting? Yes sure, they should be banned from using rackets, even breathing, changing sides and drinking.
Tennis should be eradicated from the face of this earth LOL!

I agree or disagree with other peoples opinion, but that drivel above i am very sorry is not an opinion.
Of course i could have just ignored it as i do some other drivels like that, but sometimes it is just too much...

Leena
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:51 PM
There's nothing wrong with grunting, it comes from properly breathing during the point. However, it should only be a minimal sound, if any noticeable sound at all. Purposely screaming like Seles, Venus, Serena, Muster, etc... is silly. It's embarassing watching them make all these silly noises when non-tennis fans are with you.

dubro
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:08 PM
LEAVE GRUNTERS ALONE!

uh!

:wavey:

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:50 PM
Did anyone notice how little Serena was grunting the whole first and most of the second set. I caught on to that, don't know if it is the cause or the a/effect of her play but it def was missing there for quite a while.

What is funny is when you have two players who are grunting at the same time (Seles/Serena/Venus/Dokic) I actually wonder how people play so hard with out a grunt, when I play I tend to grunt as I'm hitting the ball, I don't have the pre hit grunt like Seles.

I'm rambling, but listening to Agassi when he is running on the baseline is hilarious, I don't know if it is technically a grunt, maybe its more of a wail but I crack up laughing everytime I hear it.

double0b**tch
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:52 PM
Obviously, it has never occured to the grunt nay sayers that when the match is tight and the pressure is on, it is more difficult to breathe, hence the grunts may become louder due to the intensity etc.

How could it possibly occur to you guys:) The shame is not with the grunters, the shame is with the player/players or fan/fans who is/are shameless enough to suggest that they lost a match bcos the opponent was grunting and it was distracting.

Sorry lovey! Crock of shit! You lost the match because the other player played a better tennis match than you.

This must be a novelty thread. Hang my head in shame that I am even taking part in it.

you think you know me:fiery:

servenrichie
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:50 AM
welcome to the quagmire here double0b**tch !

Sharapower
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:00 AM
I think hitting an innocent ball should be prohibited too, what a violence !!!

LMAO