PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of Australia?

RayDay
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:52 PM
I was wondering what do you guys think of Australia as a country and what do you associate it with?

Good and bad comments are welcome:)

fleemke³
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:05 PM
To me it's the other side of the world :D, You guys get Christmass in the summer :D and have koala's :hearts:

I love it and will come and test it myself in december :D

Car Key Boi
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:07 PM
I think that the majority of Aussie Bois are a bunch of non-PC assholes like myself

troof!

- Car Key Boi

Car Key Boi
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:08 PM
they have an abundant of hot chicks

troof!

RayDay
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Car Key Boi
they have an abundant of hot chicks

troof!

YES :hearts:

especially in Melbourne now:worship:

They come out during the summer:eek:

BB
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:50 PM
If you can fall in love with a country - then I am! I just love it, all is different than in Europe....it's the paradise for me!

Once in my life I wanna travel there!

BB
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:53 PM
maybe you guys don't believe me - but I've a HUGE Aussie flag on my wally, behind my pc ;)

angele87
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:02 PM
BB, I totally agree... if there is such a thing as falling in love with a country, I've definetly done it with Australia. All the Australians I've met are so nice and so friendly and just the more gracious people, as a whole, that i've met. And of course, Australia is just a beautiful country.... the outback, the beaches, the great barrier reef, just everything, it's gorgeous. It's been my dream for as long as I can remember to go to Australia and hopefully, I'll get a chance to go soon :D

Car Key Boi
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:09 PM
what i wanna know, and i've asked this question on numerous occasions, and still no one has yet to give me any kind of answer

yuor average Aussie Boi? non-PC asshole like myself?

- Car Key Boi :confused:

Emola
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:11 PM
Well I have family in Australia and they are all really nice and my auntie is a famous chef,Sandra.....errr...cant recall her surname:p:o and I think of the sun,and the great accent and Mark P :hearts:;)

angele87
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:21 PM
Oh that's another thing I forgot to mention, the Aussie accent :drool: :drool:

Sash1
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by angele87
Oh that's another thing I forgot to mention, the Aussie accent :drool: :drool:

Totally agree, very sexy accent. But very sexy people too.
;)

Nikki
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:21 PM
The accent, people, wildlife & weather. I want to work in Australia eventually:)

shirley
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:48 PM
Australia is a place I'd love to visit. Just takes way too long to get there.

Kiwi_Boy
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:00 PM
hehehe you don't really want me to answer that question do you ;) :p :D

I used to live there (and im planning on going back) and i dont think it's that backwards and uncivilized ( :p ) actually i would much rather live there than this boring country.....

Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:28 AM
I should probably warn anyone who wants to visit that koalas are nocturnal. They sleep for about 18 hours a day!

Aloysius
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:29 PM
And when they're finally awake, they just piss, shit and scratch your eyes out. LOL.

Princess Fiona
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:51 PM
What do I associate with Australia?

* Terry :)
* The weather
* The soap operas (:worship: for The Secret Life of Us)
* The music (I have the song Beds are Burning by Midnight Oil in my head)
* The lager commercials (hello Paul Hogan! ;))

There is much more I'm sure... :)

M2k
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:16 PM
I'm going to visit Australia in the Spring of "05" ( which should be what? fall for the Aussies--->:confused: :confused: ) anyway...I 'm going to Sydney for a few weeks :cool: and I know I'm going to have a great time in beautiful Australia --->:)

M2k
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Aloysius
And when they're finally awake, they just piss, shit and scratch your eyes out. LOL.

--->:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

RayDay
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:34 PM
If you guys want to visit Australia, check out Brisbane and Perth if you can.

I was up in Brisbane 2 years ago and the ppl and party life is excellent:hearts:

and I've heard good things about Perth:)

Monica_Rules
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:44 PM
Um

Australia seems quite devoted to sports(Swimming,Rugby and Cricket mainly)
Great weather

Also from what i have seen( i would visit first|) it looks like somewhere i would move to if i left the UK!

Monica@53
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by M2k
I'm going to visit Australia in the Spring of "05" ( which should be what? fall for the Aussies--->:confused: :confused: ) anyway...I 'm going to Sydney for a few weeks :cool: and I know I'm going to have a great time in beautiful Australia --->:)

Oy Miguel! :wavey: ..... you gotta make sure you come meet up with us for a drink or six when you stop by in Sydney! ;) The weather will be just right for you if you come in autumn (or fall as you say ;)).... though to be honest, who can actually predict what Sydney weather is going go to be like?!?! Hope you do get to make it here in 05 - u should maybe head down earlier in summer and catch the tennis (though i guess it would be expensive with peak season)

DutchieGirl
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by M2k

you'd better learn "autumn" then! Coz no one calls it "fall" here! ;)

DutchieGirl
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Monica_Rules
Um

Great weather

Also from what i have seen( i would visit first|) it looks like somewhere i would move to if i left the UK!

ehh... AFL, tennis, basketball...should I keep going? ;)

Martian Stacey
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Monica_Rules
Um

Mmmm, yeah just a little ;)

M2k
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by inkyfan
you'd better learn "autumn" then! Coz no one calls it "fall" here! ;)

pfff ;) Aussies and their ways :p:p

M2k
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Monica@53
Oy Miguel! :wavey: ..... you gotta make sure you come meet up with us for a drink or six when you stop by in Sydney! ;) The weather will be just right for you if you come in autumn (or fall as you say ;))....

...of course Michael...but how would I know how to find you --->
:confused: lol actually it wouldn't be a bad idea. You are from Sydney correct?
...to tell you the truth I was suppose to go to Spain, but because of some misunderstandings I won't be able to go now ---> :sad: and so it happened that Australia was my second choice ;)

martinafan
Jan 25th, 2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by M2k
...of course Michael...but how would I know how to find you --->
:confused: lol actually it wouldn't be a bad idea. You are from Sydney correct?
...to tell you the truth I was suppose to go to Spain, but because of some misunderstandings I won't be able to go now ---> :sad: and so it happened that Australia was my second choice ;)

lol ;) yeah, he's from sydney....and u could always go to an internet cafe and pm him or something like that ;)

glad to hear u're coming though...would be nice to catch up, even though it's 2 years away ;) lol

sanstamtam
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:01 AM
For me Australia it's sun:D and my biggest dream is to go in this country:hearts:

Sam L
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:50 AM
Australia = very unique landscapes and flora and fauna, some of the most beautiful in the world :)

Jan 25th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Franziska
What do I associate with Australia?

* Terry :)
* The weather
* The soap operas (:worship: for The Secret Life of Us)
* The music (I have the song Beds are Burning by Midnight Oil in my head)
* The lager commercials (hello Paul Hogan! ;))

There is much more I'm sure... :)

Another Secret Life fan :)
I've been to that pub. It's the Prince Of Wales in St Kilda. Cool place

heidi2
Jan 25th, 2003, 03:13 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Australia, have the most beauiful woman in the world KYLIE ! :lick: :kiss: :hearts:

KYLIE at the Aussie Open Tennis yesterday !

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20030124/i/1043409964.4160757843.jpg

M2k
Jan 25th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by heidi2

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20030124/i/1043409964.4160757843.jpg

lol don't kill me but that woman looks scaryyyyy :o :o :o

M2k
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by martinafan

glad to hear u're coming though...would be nice to catch up, even though it's 2 years away ;) lol

lol... ;) yeah...two years it's still a long wait :angel: Hopefully by that time Andy Roddick has already agreed to be Mister Marin ;)

Curtis F
Jan 25th, 2003, 06:52 PM
I hope to visit one day. Two of my friends where there 2 years ago (in Melbourne) and really loved it. They stayed for a year working under the table jobs and traveling around a bit. Brian (one of the two that went) said that Australia reminded him a lot of the States. I don't know if to you that's good or bad. ;)

Princess Fiona
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by untitled2284

:wavey: Nice to see another Secret Life of Us fan! :D It's my favourite show on TV by a looong way... :) Evan is my favourite... :hearts:

(I can imagine the pub is a cool place, yes ;))

Martian Mel
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:47 PM
I've been here for 3 weeks now i guess and it's heaven compared to Holland!I don't miss holland i only miss my friends and family

DutchieGirl
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by untitled2284

ehh what about POW? I go there a bit... is that in Secret Life or something???

DutchieGirl
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Martian Mel
I've been here for 3 weeks now i guess and it's heaven compared to Holland!I don't miss holland i only miss my friends and family

I'll swap with you! ;)