PDA

View Full Version : EU bureaucrats ban village's swings

Ted of Teds Tennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:04 PM
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_742090.html

A village's children have had their playground swings taken away because EU bureaucrats say they are too high.

Children have played on the three swings in Great Somerfield, Wiltshire for more than 25 years.

But despite no-one having suffered anything more serious than a grazed knee, the swings have had to be removed to conform with European Union regulations.

European Standard BSEN 1176 sets everything from the distance of the seat to the ground to the overall height of the swing frame - and says the Wiltshire swings are 60cm (2ft) too tall.

"These swings have been used by children for years and some of their parents even played on them without incident.

"Children do not understand EU directives or 'fall heights' , they are just upset at losing their swings."

Car Key Boi
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:50 PM
WTF???????

it's those fuckin Bellgims again trying to take over Europe with their Nazi like EU regs.

- Car Key Boi :fiery:

Josh
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:40 PM
Well these regulations are put in place to prevent serious things from happening. Just because no serious accidents have happened in the past doesn't mean they won't happen in the future.

This being said, some regulations are indeed silly.

Ted of Teds Tennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:42 PM
Josh:

For years, people haven't been injuring themselves in spite of these killer swings. Now, suddenly, EU bureaucrats think they'll save the good people of Wiltshire from themselves. :rolleyes:

Josh
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:47 PM
Well then I'm sure they'll continue on that trend with the new, conform swings.

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:49 PM
Maybe people in Wiltshire have never had any accidents but in other places, with similar swings, there may have been accidents.

Car Key Boi
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:57 PM
bahh!

trust the Bellgim Wtaworld Mafia to make excuses for this outrageous abuse of Bellgim power

i'm telling ya, the Bellgims want to take over Europe :mad:

just like they're trying to take over wtaworld

WATCH OUT POE!

THE BELLGIMS ARE EVERYWHERE!

AND THEY'RE TRYING TO INFULTRATE YUOR SERVER AND TAKE IT OVER !

- Car Key Boi :fiery:

Josh
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:59 PM
Shhhhh http://websmileys.bei.t-online.de/div71.gif

Barrie_Dude
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Actually if those bureaucrats wanted to do something to protect our safety, they'd ban bureaucrats! Am I right or what?!

MartianJoeyWinson
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:35 AM
They should all f**k off...

There is a factory near me (which is the subsiduary of a haulage company) that makes Mushy Peas. No we all know, when you have a pea mix (that's chips and peas together to anyone below Castle Donington) from a chip shop, you know your mushy peas will be green, and if they are from Lockwoods (said company), they will be bloody nice too.

But, hoho, those EU bureaucrats, them cheeky so and so's from Brussels (a city named after a universally hated green vegetable), they said no, that the natural green dye used in mushy peas to make peas, well... green and not some dull greyish green, had to be removed.

But that isn't the end of their meddling, mon petit pois...

The EU tried to stop Bakewell Tarts from being called Bakewell Tarts because it is a pudding that is known worldwide and can be made anywhere. Thankfully that never came to pass and the town of Bakewell can continue for being known for that... and that murder that they got the wrong bloke for and he ended up spending 26 yrs in prison for.

MartianJoeyWinson
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:39 AM
I am sure they also made clear that because "crab sticks" aren't made from real crab, that they paved teh way for fishmongers to call them "crab flavoured sticks". I wonder how many millions of pounds were wasted on that decision.

Holmespinlove
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:55 AM
:wavey:

Well swing away then "jerk off"