PDA

View Full Version : For all Non-Belgians: Watch this!!!

fleemke³
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:42 PM
For all Non-Belgians: This Is why it is so great that 2 Belgians will face 2 Americans tomorrow and are the number 3 and 4 in the world!!!

United States

surface: 9.809.430 km²
population: 258.233.000

Belgium

surface: 30 500 km²
population: 10 100 000

:worship::worship:

Calvin
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:47 PM
hmmmmm extrapolating here: so for every belgian in the semi-finals, there should be approx. 25.8 Americans :o where are the other 49.6? :confused:

:p

tennisfan1972
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:53 PM
is this supposed to explain why the sisters cover more surface area?? i'm confused

per4ever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:54 PM
this is supposed to explain why all belgians think it's so wonderful to have two topplayers!!!!!!!!!!!

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:57 PM
I think its great for Belgium, and its also amazing how both players have climbed the charts simultaneously one right behind the other.

i-girl
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:57 PM
lol, according to these statistics we should cheer for the sisters, because them winning will make a lot more people happy;) :D .
but I get you. it is impressive that such a small country has produced two such fine players.

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by David de pingwin
hmmmmm extrapolating here: so for every belgian in the semi-finals, there should be approx. 25.8 Americans :o where are the other 49.6? :confused:

:p

I'm sure there have been 50 great American players with similar results as Kim and Justine if you count all the players of the past.

For a non-sporty country as Belgium, methinks we're doing pretty well.

Lynx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by WtaTour4Ever
I think its great for Belgium, and its also amazing how both players have climbed the charts simultaneously one right behind the other. Thank you. :kiss:

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:02 PM
I guess you can then argue that if they (the Belgians) lose, then less people would be upsett...:p

Oh btw, I am light skindedededded too, do you love me now?????

Lynx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Beggin' Beguine
I'm sure there have been 50 great American players with similar results as Kim and Justine if you count all the players of the past.

Aha! I saw "can't" - eheheh ! But you were quick.

Of course, Tine - but Belgium only began investing in tennis... when? In the 1980's? So I still think we're doing amazingly well :) -(and I'm sure it cannot last :sad: )

griffin
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:06 PM
So...the Beligian girls are shorter 'cos they don't have as much room to stretch out?

;)

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:07 PM
LOL TopShotta I never looked at it quite that way :-) I got one for you to.

Williams Household

surface: 3000sq ft (sorry don't do metric :-)

Population: 2 Venus and Serena

You can see why this is so amazing, how the only two people who live in this house are in the semi-finals :-)

I'm just kidding around.........seriously no disrespect to Belgium :-)

harloo
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:08 PM
And? I mean it really doesn't matter what country you come from, as long as you train hard and have the talent you will become a top player.:rolleyes:

fleemke³
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:09 PM
We Belgians would celebrate that hard that it's similar to al those americans :o:o:o

And hey .. let us just enjoy it ok ;) :D

@Harloo .. the more people the more there is a chance to have a topplayer :rolleyes:

Ted of Teds Tennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:12 PM
The Williamses' house is only 3000 sq. ft? I grew up in a house that was 24 x 60, which would be 1440 sq ft, plus a same-sized basement/garage.

30k sq. ft would probably be more like it. If only my house were that big. :)

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Lynx
Aha! I saw "can't" - eheheh ! But you were quick.

pff, you're just like one of those FC people :p (at least it wasn't a dt-mistake)

harloo
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:22 PM
Flemeke, like I said before if you have talent and train hard you will be a top player regardless of what country you are from. LOL. Yes, America has a bigger pool of people but it really doesn't matter in the end. I'm glad that Belgians are proud of these 2 players, but I still fail to see where comparing populations in a professional sport has to do with two players training hard and winning.

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:25 PM
harloo, if you came from a country a lot of people don't even know exists, you'd understand.

These two players are putting our country on the world map!

fleemke³
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by harloo
Flemeke, like I said before if you have talent and train hard you will be a top player regardless of what country you are from. LOL. Yes, America has a bigger pool of people but it really doesn't matter in the end. I'm glad that Belgians are proud of these 2 players, but I still fail to see where comparing populations in a professional sport has to do with two players training hard and winning.

Are you going to say that we Belgians have the same facillities in sports as you Americans? :eek: Believe me it's very unique ;)