PDA

View Full Version : Williams Fans We've Been Here Before!

victory1
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:40 PM
Hey guys :wavey:

5 time out of the last 6 slams both sisters made the semis. Everytime they hype a player to take one of them out, and you know it has yet to happened, both made it to the finals . They are batting 4 out 4!:D Let's now take the time to say good job to Venus and Serena, for they both have been outstanding in the slams. Remmember Venus and Serena have been in this position 5 times in the last 15 months, so they know how to handle it!;)

So say it with me:

Go Venus!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:
Go Serena!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

servenrichie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:43 PM
Go Venus!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:
Go Serena!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Amen!

stijntje
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:53 PM
Go Kim :bounce: :bounce:
Go Justine :bounce: :bounce:

ARealVenusFan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:56 PM
GO VENUS! GO SERENA!!! GO ALL WILLIAMS FINALS!!!!!

sideout
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:03 PM
YES VEE AND REE!!!! Like I posted at the beginning of the AO, Melbourne get ready for All-Williams all the time!

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:04 PM
GO VENUS!!!!! :D

GO SERENA!!!!! :D

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:06 PM
Yes we have been here b4. Go Venus and Serena...

BTW, I am light skinedededed...:D

brickhousesupporter
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:08 PM
Go Serena

Go Venus :bounce:

harloo
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:16 PM
Go Venus!

Go Serena!

Handle business!

BK4ever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:19 PM
Best of luck to Serena and Venus :D

Just do your best!

Topshotta...behave yourself ;)

I hope you don't think you are too good for me, I'm Chocolate you know, loves fried chicken and watches the bernie mac show :D

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by BK4ever
Best of luck to Serena and Venus :D

Just do your best!

Topshotta...behave yourself ;)

I hope you don't think you are too good for me, I'm Chocolate you know, loves fried chicken and watches the bernie mac show :D

Oh pleeeaaaaaaaaaase, of course I am too good for you...I am light skindededed. UHHHH, AS IF. I am just so glad that everyone on this board will soon see that I am not like any of the other black posters on this board and soon they will all tell me I am different and special...:D

OMG, I am so happy that I am light skindeddededededededdededd

V.S.
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:57 PM
:bounce: :bounce: Go Serena!:bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: Go Venus!:bounce: :bounce:

BK4ever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:58 PM
HOLLER

Go Venus :bounce: :bounce:

Go Serena :bounce:

WilliamzX2
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:24 PM
TopShotta....you are definately JAMAICAN!!! LOL!!!

GO VENUS....GO RENA...Take no prisoners!!

RAA
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:51 PM
go girls!
do your best and you will prevail.

Glenn
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:55 PM
Is there actually anyone that likes just one of the Williams sisters? They seem to come as a package.
I don't think anyone likes them as individuals, just as the #1 and #2 of the world.

Mrs. Peel
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Glenn
Is there actually anyone that likes just one of the Williams sisters? They seem to come as a package.
I don't think anyone likes them as individuals, just as the #1 and #2 of the world.

You seem to love them Glenn...:rolleyes: You always have something to say, poking your nose in every thread about them...what are you sort of Masochist? Closet Williams worshipper?:confused:

Glenn
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Peel
You seem to love them Glenn...:rolleyes: You always have something to say, poking your nose in every thread about them...what are you sort of Masochist? Closet Williams worshipper?:confused:

What? Craptalker!
I'm asking a serious question...
Why is it that they come as a package?
It's always Serena AND Venus, I don't think there's anyone that likes just one of them.

vs1
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:19 PM
C'mon Venus! C'mon Serena!!
Make 2003 an All-Williams Grand Slam Year!!!

Mrs. Peel
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:19 PM
No one talks more crap than you do...:p You are the King of Crap!

Renee
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:25 PM
Let's go Venus :bounce: :bounce:

Let's go Serena:bounce: :bounce:

Just do it!!!!!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:38 PM
Glenn you dont know what youre talking about. Plenty of posters on this board like only venus or only serena. Just like plently like only kim or only justine.

I like them both. GO USA!!!

Holmespinlove
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:39 PM
All hail Serena Williams :worship:

Come one Venus catch up to her :bounce:

Glenn
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by cybelledarkholmexx
Glenn you dont know what youre talking about. Plenty of posters on this board like only venus or only serena. Just like plently like only kim or only justine.

I like them both. GO USA!!!

Name some! :p

LucasArg
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:42 PM
Go Venus!:wavey:

Go Serena!:wavey:

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ARealVenusFan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:43 PM
ME! I like both. I love and root for QUEEN VENUS!!!!! :worship: :worship:

Rocketta
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:53 PM
TopShotta---You are being bad! :fiery:

but you're light skindeddedd so all is forgiven. :bounce: :bounce: :wavey: :D

Rocketta
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:54 PM
Go Venus!!!

Go Serena!!

Deflate those Bubbles!!! Like you did at Wimbledon! :)

kiwifan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:05 PM
Go Venus.

Go Serena.

Ps. I went to one of the best law schools in the country and I also like fried chicken and Bernie Mac.

"Self Loathing Girl" should also be aware that lots of white people love fried chicken and Bernie Mac too.

I'm not light skinned, but my dad is.

Its safe for her to join the crowd.

Infiniti2001
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:21 PM
http://members.fortunecity.com/missy977/1cbb96be0.jpg I BELIEVE:worship: :worship: :worship:

Come on Serena let the racquet do the talking girl :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GogoGirl
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:28 PM
Yes - I'd say the Sisters' fans have come along way w/the fabulous 2XLUVXSISTERSX2. Most of us were fans when the Sisters were being beaten by some of the top players there for a while. It is remarkable to see how well they've excelled within the last three years. They have risen to the top and love it there. We truly have been blessed.

What gets to me at times - is that some in the media make statements like "They (Venus & Serena) still have room to improve. Venus can improve her second serve. Serena can come to the net more. Imagine how it will be for everyone else if these two truly lived up to their potential? Yeah - it's kind of scary for the rest of the tour." Now come on! Either they believe what they say or they don't. So they shouldn't be looking for things to knock them on. Like the fact that venus didn't play a warm-up tourney. Some actually had the nerve to act indignant about it. Like they got some kind of claim or stock in Venus and the tourneys she plays. Unbelievable these naysayers are at times.

Surely - the Sisters should try to accomplish the goal of improving? And needless to say – if everyone else is improving – then so will the Sisters. Why should they stay in the same place with their skills and game? They can only get better.

So - the commentators and writers in the media need to calm down sometimes when critiquing the Sisters at every turn. They know the odds are in the Sisters' favor for most of the matches they play - because they are the top two players in the league and few can stop them if anyone. There is nothing wrong w/hoping someone breaks their domination train. But like with everything else - tact should be considered.

Odds: I love trying to figure odds. Sometimes being able to figure odds on some things could come in handy. It can literally save ones' life if it came to it. For instance, the odds of me surviving a 20-flight fall from a building are not in my favor. IMO - the odds are in the Sisters' favors to win their semis. That is not saying that the Belgians (one or both) won't win it. It is that simple IMO.

The odds are that Venus will play her best tennis or her almost best tennis to beat Justine. And it might go to 3 sets. Venus knows she can come back on Justine. Venus hasn't dropped a set all tourney long. Venus truly is the number 1 or 2 player in the world - so until someone beats her consistently - one has to go w/her odds.

The odds are that Serena will beat Kim. Serena is a better player right now than Kim IMO. I believe strongly that Kim gots game. I predicted that Kim would defeat Serena first towards the end of last year to break Serena’s winning match streak - and she did at the championships. Even so – I didn’t mean I thought she could do it consistently during Serena's reign. Kim was the best closer late last year – so I felt she was on a roll. If Serena is extremely nervous and it shows in her play - then Kim will win it. But if Serena is on - then look out! Serena has been getting her tough take-no-prisoners game-face on for her last few matches. She is there now - IMO.

The Sisters are winners. There are many winners on the tour. It is just that - at this time and space - it is the Sister's time to shine – for the most part. And until someone knocks them from their thrones – they rule. It would be sensational if Kim or Justine upset the powers of the tourney right now. One or both would truly deserve all the credit. And lastly of course - whatever will be - will be.

"LET'S THE GAMES BEGIN LADIES" "CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE SEMI FINALISTS" 'LET'S GO - VENUS & SERENA" "IT'S YOUR TOURNEY - VENUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

It's Belgium versus the Williams sisters
January 22 2003

The skirmishes have been played out leaving Belgium versus the Williams family in the Australian Open.

Unlike previous years there have been no hiccups so far in the march of Serena and Venus Williams towards the final on Saturday.

The last two hurdles remaining come from new women's tennis power Belgium in the form of Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin-Hardenne.

The semifinals are a promoter's dream with four of the top five seeds reaching the last four. Only defending champion and third seed Jennifer Capriati, a first round loser, is missing.

Top seed Serena meets fourth seeded Clijsters and Venus faces Henin-Hardenne tomorrow for the right to meet each other in yet another grand slam final.

The sisters have played each other four times in the finals of previous majors.

Venus won the first clash, at the US Open in 2001 but Serena caught up quickly and surpassed her, beating her older sister at the French, Wimbledon and US Open last year.

The Australian Open has always presented a problem for some reason with neither making it further than the semifinals in the past.

Venus withdrew with a wrist problem in 2000 and last year Serena was forced out after rolling her ankle the week before in Sydney.

Venus and Henin-Hardenne have played seven times before with Williams holding a commanding 6-1 record, including winning the past six.

But, like most statistics, there is more to it than that.

Four of the meetings have been tough three-setters and the Belgian is confident she is ready to break the deadlock.

"I think I always play well against Venus," Henin-Hardenne said.

"The last match was hard ... but we played a lot of tough matches together.

"But I like playing her. I mean, I'm in the semis, I will have everything to win and nothing to lose in this match.

"I will go on the court to win the match. I believe in my chances because I have been strong in this tournament," she said.

For Venus, the one loss - in 2001 in Berlin on clay - is the thing that stands out, despite her lop-sided record. And that looks like being enough motivation.

"I hated that one loss," she said. "I always remember the losses more than the wins, so I guess I'll keep that in mind when I play the next one.

"I always remember the scores ... the pain, but I think she's playing really well."

Serena held a 5-0 record against Clijsters until last November's WTA Championship when the Belgian scored her first win, beating the World No.1 7-5 6-3.

Williams is touchy about the subject.

"She played really well," was all she would offer when asked why she lost.

"I don't like to live in the past. You can feel free to look up the last transcripts and see why I lost that match."

However, Serena was generous enough to admit that Clijsters was closing in on the sisters.

"The gap is definitely getting narrower," she said.

"Everyone is improving year in and year out, I'm just trying to keep up with everyone else.

"Quite frankly I'm getting tired of answering these questions. Every day the same question. What does it take to beat the Williams sisters? You know, I don't know. I don't know," she said.

AAP

gweeny
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:30 PM
GOOD LUCK VENUS AND GOOD LUCK SERENA. SO THAT WE CAN SEE YOU MAKE ANOTHER SLAM FINALS. ALTHOUGH, I WANT VENUS TO WIN THIS ONE, IF SERENA WINS, IT WILL BE ANOTHER TROPHY GOING TO THE WILLIAMS HOUSE

Althea
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:22 PM
:cool: Best Wishes to Venus:D :D and Serena:hearts: :D :cool:

Jovon
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:31 AM
Go Venus and Serena!!!!!

All Williams Final:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Althea
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:26 AM
Best Wishes to Venus and Serena in the Finals!!!:bounce:
So sorry one of you have to lose:sad: :(

Go Venus.... Go Serena... Go Williams!!!