PDA

View Full Version : Now More Than Ever We Need Belgian-Williams Detente!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:33 PM
Did you see that Younes El Aynaoui and Roddic match? It went 21 19 in the third! We will never hear the end of this! Women's tennis will be the brunt of criticism more than ever for the rest of this tournament and on and on!

I say the pro belgian factions and the pro sisters williams factions should become united in a PRO FANTASTIC TOURNAMENT BEST MATCHES FACTION!

Lets hope that all the gals no matter the outcome can come out and give a performance so stunning and amazing that they will shut everyone up about that El Roddick match!

GO BELGIUM! GO USA! GO WOMEN'S TENNIS!!!!

tennisfan1972
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:43 PM
AMEN

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:45 PM
Hear hear! Let's hope we'll get to see some nice competitive matches tonight.

tennisfan1972
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:45 PM
I stayed up all night and all morning watching the scoreboard for this match. i was so glad ESPN finally showed teh last few games of this match. it was great up til the last point. Actually Aynaoui got a bad line call and should haev won the match but it was still a great match. I think even the linesmen were tired and just started calling anything..lol this was truly a great contest. best of the tourney by far. the moroccan definately surprised me with his effort. so did andy he has guts..... and a big serve

jujufan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:53 PM
USA - Belgium together?
Nice thought, I like the idea!

RAA
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:53 PM
I really do think that we can all co-exist, no?
I think both Justine and Kim are great.
its a great semifinal field.
congrats to all players and let the best player(s) win and advance on to the final.

disposablehero
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:56 PM
Pfffft. Kim finished all 5 of her singles matches in 35 minutes less than that match took.

Glenn
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by disposablehero
Pfffft. Kim finished all 5 of her singles matches in 35 minutes less than that match took.

LOL!

Yea, I would like to have 2 really great matches also!

Justine def. Venus 7-6 6-7 72-70

kiwifan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:10 PM
I don't really think there is real tension between Belgian fans and Williams fans.

We just want different things.

Now the "others" on the Belgian bandwagon...

Primula
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:16 PM
I like this thread !! Just like i said in another thread: let us pray for good matches!!!

Sofiane
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:32 PM
I hope it will be a great sumis! but still I want Kim to win :) (It will be very taugh for her)

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:16 PM
OMG, funny that you guys said this. Last night when I was saying my prayer before going to bed, I started to say "dear god, please let Venus and Serena pull through these matches" but I could not. I ended up saying " dear god please let all four ladies do well and I HOPE that Venus and Serena will win"...Does that make sense????? Only because me asking that god let them win is saying that they are more important to god than the Belgians...Bad Karma...:o

XMan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:05 PM
You know, in fact we are all quantum mechanical entangled because of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle ...
ok, I'll stop here.

Lisbeth
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:12 PM
Here here.

I agree there seem to be many, many Williams fans who like Kim and Justine and vice versa. Let's just hope they all play their best and give us a great day of tennis!

CC
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:41 PM
I hope the matches are great too. We must not be outdone by the men!!

tennisIlove09
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:47 PM
may it come true [especially the finals ;) ]

jean_genie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by XMan
You know, in fact we are all quantum mechanical entangled because of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle ...
ok, I'll stop here.

I thought that was Schroedinger's equation??;) I agree, I root for all four ladies (BUT for VENUS AT ALL TIMES) and I just hope that we get two quality matches (which Venus, hopefully will win).:kiss:

CJ07
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:14 PM
How about this

Venus d. Justine 7-5 5-7 12-10
Serena d. Kim 6-0 6-7(6) 15-13

Then

Venus d. Serena 6-1 1-6 10-8

jean_genie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by mmcdonald
How about this

Venus d. Justine 7-5 5-7 12-10
Serena d. Kim 6-0 6-7(6) 15-13

Then

Venus d. Serena 6-1 1-6 10-8
:hearts: I'm loving that scoreline!!! Merci, chere`:wavey:

Havok
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:41 PM
it ain'tgonna happen.none of the match-ups consist of amazing servers. all 4 of these players can easily beak eachother's service games. and why not talkabout that Roddick El Aynaoui match????it went down in the record books and was amazing. they hit more than 100 winners each, it went 1 minute shy of 5 hours, and they had less UE's than most of Serena's matches which were generally around the 1 hour mark. that match is gonna be etched in everybody's head.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:04 AM
They had less unforced errors than kims, justines, and anna's match thats for sure. Also I am not talking about it because this is WTA WORLD!!!

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Glenn
LOL!

Yea, I would like to have 2 really great matches also!

Justine def. Venus 7-6 6-7 72-70

Haha!!!

Yeah, great thread Cybelle!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this the start of peace, of a co-existence?! Oh wait, we are forgetting something... Capriati and Hingis fans-- Damn! We were so close

XMan
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:44 AM
I thought that was Schroedinger's equation??;)

Schroedinger's equation describes the local quantum mechanical effect on micro-scale but not the universe :p

The wavefunction of the universe (or better: the multiverse according to the many world interpretation of quantum mechanics, which is the only consistent btw) must have a different form to include gravitational effect but we haven't found it yet. :)

An other funny effect. According to the many world interpretation, every physical possible world exist and for every possibility the multiverse is splitt in universes where one of the different possibilities happen. The chance that "we" (= our consciousness that we feel right now) live in one universe and not in one of the others depends only on the probabilities described by the wavefunction. This means for example that the outcome of a tennis match is not just one possibility but the sum of his possibilities. If you could somehow calculate for example that Kim would have won in 75% of the time and Serena in 25% then this means that in 75% of the different splitt universes Kim will win and 25% Serena will win. Unfortunately, I live in a universe where Kim has lost the semifinal of the Australian Open 2003 :(

There are even universes where YOU have won the Australian Open :worship:, but I think that number of universes where this happen is relatively small ;).
Parallel universes exist, this is no joke, this is all science and even the basic of all other sciences :D

gentenaire
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:03 AM
:worship: Xman :worship:

Crazy Canuck
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:25 AM
Naldo, maybe they won't want to talk about that match because this is WTAworld.

Lynx
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:59 AM
I hate Schroedinger. He did something very nasty to a cat! :mad:

Hey XMan - you mean there are universes where Kim actually lost? :confused:
Weird. According to my quanta Kim won 6-3, 4-6, 6-2.

Wish it was true. My universe stinks.

jean_genie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:39 PM
"The wavefunction of the universe (or better: the multiverse according to the many world interpretation of quantum mechanics, which is the only consistent btw) must have a different form to include gravitational effect but we haven't found it yet. "

Thanks for clearing up why the Heisenberg principle is "uncertain".:) . I like it even better that this principle allows ME to win a Grand Slam and I pick Wimbledon. :wavey: