PDA

View Full Version : Kim Clisjters is overhyped

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:52 AM
I think ppl are making way too big a deal out of this girl..

Beat
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:56 AM
how glad we are that we have you to put everything in perspective then.

irma
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:56 AM
allez kimmy :bounce:

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:57 AM
I hope Serena will spank her back to school.

Chance
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:58 AM
gogomaggie

why don't you gogo over to atpworld, you may get more attention there

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:59 AM
why?

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:00 AM
I would like to add that it's not the fans who're hyping her but the press. If you would actually read the posts the fans have posted, you'd see that most fans realise Serena is the true number 1. All we want is that Serena fans see Kim's Masters win as a real win, that they realise that Kim can beat Serena. We are aware that Serena is the clear favourite, but please allow us to hope.
The gloating after the Hopman Cup was completely out of place. Don't put words in the mouths of Kim fans.

irma
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:02 AM
I didn't even think about it, but who is Clisjters?

I never heard of her :rolleyes:

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:03 AM
yeah sure.. Kim does have a chance to beat serena n without a doubt she s been playing really great. what i dont like about the way ppl make her out is some talk about her as if she were the no.1 in the world. of course you can hope her to win.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:04 AM
I dont give much of a shit about spelling her name correctly.

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:05 AM
Who (apart from Anastasia Myskina) is saying she's the number 1 in the world? I would like to know.

matthias
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:06 AM
noone cares about her in north-america
so, she isn´t overhyped.

i think the problem is that all (non-williams-fans) put her hope on her. because few are bored by the williams dominance.

irma
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:07 AM
maybe there are also people who already rooted for her longer then last year? :rolleyes:

irma
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:09 AM
and not because they dislike serena :rolleyes:

matthias
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by irma
and not because they dislike serena :rolleyes:

sure, but you must agree there are few "fans" of her just because they want to see Serena lose

irma
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:13 AM
yeah that's true but they don't care about kimmy. if I had stand there they had rooted for me too;)

tfannis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:29 AM
It's so true what Tine said. It's the media overhyping her, not the fans. I'm a huge fan of Kim and I really can't stand all the discusions on this board anymore....everytime the media or another player say Kim has a shot at the title or is the best player at the moment every Williamsfan on this board starts arguing and some even start bashing Kim. I know some Kim fans who just stopped reading threads here in general messages because everything is so damn negative and sometimes even cruel.

Like Tine said, most Kim fans know Serena and Venus are the best and that Kim probably won't come near that trophy...but as long as she isn't out yet there is some hope...and you never know right? It's sports....anything can happen.

I'm really sick of the overhyping...it was so much nicer here when Kim wasn't suppost to do anything remarkable :(

gopher
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:32 AM
Well simplicity seems to rule over arrogance. Also 17 straight WTA matches without loss of any set did not go unnoticed.

AUSBOY
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:34 AM
I think Kim is playing like the 2nd best player in the world! Its a shame she has Serena and not Venus as I think her form would see her beat Venus, Serena though I think will beat her. At least Kim can go on the court and relax and just go for it. Nobody is expecting her to win, but at the same time it wont be a huge surprise if she does.

Would love to see an all Belgium final!

irma
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:35 AM
tfannis that's true but then I can say the same about serena.

I almost feel ashamed to like them both :rolleyes: ;)

tfannis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:35 AM
Well see gopher...that's the kind of stuff that fires up some Williamsfans....because there's 90 % chance Venus and Serena will make the final they just feel themselves 'allowed' to put Kim's achievements down.

gopher
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:38 AM
Sit back and watch.

tfannis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:39 AM
tfannis that's true but then I can say the same about serena.

I almost feel ashamed to like them both :rolleyes: ;)

Well...I can't see how you can say the same thing about Serena....Serena wins everything so the overhyping is justified...when people say she has a shot at the title there's a huge chance they're right. When they say that about Kim, there's not. So when finally Venus and Serena have made the finals the Kim bashing will start for real this time :sad:

irma
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:46 AM
yeah but when kimmy wins then the serena bashing starts too

and you have to be fair that some people turned around on serena vey quick.

one moment she was the anti-player and two months later she was suddenly the best ever;)

irma
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:47 AM
I can't watch anyway:(

I have exams tomorrow:(

tfannis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:50 AM
I can't watch anyway:(

I have exams tomorrow:(
So do I :sad:.. I can see Venus versus Justine...but no Kim....and worst of all...no Andre :sad:

Jakeev
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:55 AM
Hmmmm perhaps gogomaggie is upset that the headlines aren't focusing on Maggie Maleeva anymore.......:rolleyes:

Come-on-kim
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:58 AM
As a Kim fan, I know that Serena is the clear favourite for the semifinal clash!! For sure!! I think Kim is doing too many unforced errors!!

But I'm sure Kim CAN defeat Serena like she did in LA!! And I won't be surprise if Serena wins, but also, I won't be surprise if Kim wins!!! Both are really good players!!! I think the deal for that match will be Kim's errors and Serena's game!! If Serena is in great form, it'll be very tough!! But in tennis, everything can happen!!!

All I can say, I doubt someone won't agree with me! For me, the 4 girls that are in the semifinals (Serena, Venus, Kim and Justine) are the Top-4 players lately!!

1jackson2001
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:05 AM
Don't know about the overhype, but Kim seriously has been playing some remarkable tennis lately.

Katrien
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:13 AM
I am so sick and tired of these threads. "Overhyped" :rolleyes:
If you can't see the progress Kim's made the last few months, then there must be something wrong with your eyes. No one said Kim is the true number 1. We all know by now that Serena is world's number 1.
Why can't we just enjoy watching tennis and root for our favorites?
Is it really necessary to dislike your favorite's opponents?

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Jakeev
Hmmmm perhaps gogomaggie is upset that the headlines aren't focusing on Maggie Maleeva anymore.......:rolleyes:

lol what makes you think this thread has anything to do with maggie?? n i dont know any time in the past many thread were focusing on maggie...virtually she s always neglected whether she wins or loses...so give her a fucking break...excuse..me

by the way.. neither Kim or Serena is my favorite n have no intention to bash Kim in starting this thread.. I jus honestly thought she was overhyped by the media (sorry i forgot to add this). n i'm glad to know most of Kim's fans are really realistic, fair n intelligent as opposed to some fans of other players.

tennischick
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:20 AM
i don't think she's overhyped but having watched her matches against Cotzer and Myskina, i don't think she can beat Serena this time around. in fact it makes it clearer that she was only able to beat her in LA bec Venus gave her a walover while Jen helped drain Serena's energy resources. not knocking Kim, i like her. but Serena will beat her quite easily IMO.

servenrichie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:42 AM
Gogomaggie, please go over to maggie and the atp world and quit giving Serena and Williams fans a bad name. Have you been watching tennis lately?

AUSBOY, it is good to dream about impossible things isnt it?
BTW, i am a bit nervous that Kim is meeting Serena and that upset might just happen. If she were meeting Venus, then i wont be.
Venus fans know why...

Brαm
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:13 PM
Overhyped? :rolleyes:

gogomaggie, you're an attention seeker.

Dokicfan17
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:48 PM
Yeah def. not overyhyped, come on even Ripleys wouldnt believe that....

but anyway she has a nice game, people were sayin she didnt look sharp in her last 2 matches, but maybe she was playing a bit easy and safe, and saving herself for Serena? Who knows maybe not....

but she's into the Semi's, dropping what 16 games or something, thats clever and I hope her and Juju get into the finals :):)

Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:54 PM
Give Kim a break. She has enough pressure on her at the moment

Bigkimfan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:00 PM
Kim can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

ClijstersHewitt
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by gogomaggie
I think ppl are making way too big a deal out of this girl..

Well, you know, I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure no one is forcing you to read articles or posts concerning Kim.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:22 PM
I think you guys are way too oversensitive to think rationally...oops

Aloysius
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:32 PM
Really? You think rationally? Oops. ;)

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:22 PM
yes i do

Experimentee
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:28 PM
I've seen a few posters on the board saying they think Kim is the true #2 and she'd beat Venus right now, so i think shes overhyped in that way. I like them both but honestly i dont think Kim could beat Venus now unless Venus has an off day.

BK4ever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:29 PM
The media is overhyping Kim...she is just "next big thing for them". If Davenport has a good run, they they will turn to her. Its all about their quest to find the next player that will stop the Williams Sisters dominance.

First, it was Davenport, then Jennifer, now Kim. Its not Kim's fault that she is the new annointed one. Blame the media.

victory1
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:30 PM
Why does evertime someone say something negative about another player, some people on this board try to make them Williams fans? :rolleyes: Since when gogomaggie been a Williams fans?

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:32 PM
right victory...im not a willams fan n nor kim's fan.

disposablehero
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:42 PM
Is she "over" hyped? Her last 20 matches are:

6-7 3-6 loss to Serena
7-6 6-3 win over Serena and
35 consecutive sets against everyone else of no closer than 6-4.

You won't find that on anyone else's record in recent times.

Ma. Estefania
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:32 PM
I agree with the title of this topic.

Come-on-kim
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Experimentee
I've seen a few posters on the board saying they think Kim is the true #2 and she'd beat Venus right now, so i think shes overhyped in that way. I like them both but honestly i dont think Kim could beat Venus now unless Venus has an off day.

Kim def. Venus at Hambourg was on!!!!

arn
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:53 PM
If you are the #3 player in the world, there is not much hyping you can still do.

But I agree the media is taking it too far, especially here in Belgium they are just crazy on the news, already talking about a belgian final like it will happen 90% sure. But I think most fans are realistic enough to know Serena and Venus are still the better players, but beatable.

ot1962
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Come-on-kim
As a Kim fan, I know that Serena is the clear favourite for the semifinal clash!! For sure!! I think Kim is doing too many unforced errors!!

But I'm sure Kim CAN defeat Serena like she did in LA!! And I won't be surprise if Serena wins, but also, I won't be surprise if Kim wins!!! Both are really good players!!! I think the deal for that match will be Kim's errors and Serena's game!! If Serena is in great form, it'll be very tough!! But in tennis, everything can happen!!!

All I can say, I doubt someone won't agree with me! For me, the 4 girls that are in the semifinals (Serena, Venus, Kim and Justine) are the Top-4 players lately!!

That's a really great post.
Kim and graciousness go back a long way, especially during the IW fiasco. She rides over the stupid HYPE. She has the ability to beat the Sisters and anybody on a given day.

Williams fans have never had any problems with the TRUE Kim and Justine fans. In fact the players have great RESPECT for one another. It's these "hangers-on" who are trying to put a wedge between true fans, all because of their DISGUISED, SUBTLE (sometimes not!), difficult to PROVE loathing (to choose a milder word!!) of the GREAT sisters

Let HARMONY rule between the TRUE fans, and hope for great matches. May the best players on the day win!

Lisbeth
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:18 PM
If you think she's all hype then you haven't been watching her play lately.

Which is NOT to say she is the #1 or even #2 player, just that she's playing really well and adding spice to the draw.