PDA

View Full Version : Is Anastasia Myskina Delusional?

anton
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:29 AM
Myskina is predicting that Clijsters will win this tournament.

``I think right now Kim is the best player in the world,'' she said. ``I think she feels like she's playing at home here.''

Clijsters said she has gained confidence from her string of 24 victories in her last 25 matches.

But, she said, in the big matches, the Williams sisters ``can play even better when they have to. ... You have to grab every chance you get to break them.''

Clijsters, the 2001 French Open runner-up, kept Myskina on the run with a heavy forehand, which accounted for 20 of her 27 winners.

She also won points with outstanding hustle, especially against the 21-year-old Russian's drop shots.

Clijsters lost her serve twice in the second set, but allowed Myskina to hold serve only three times in the match.

Myskina had won two of their previous four matches, but said Clijsters cut down sharply on errors this time.

``She's better than Serena and Venus right now. She's got more confidence than Serena and Venus,'' Myskina said.

:rolleyes:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:33 AM
LOL! The last bit is a bit much! Who's to really judge!

anton
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:36 AM
Kim has never won a slam or been ranked number one. Serena beat her 2 weeks ago in Hopman Cup. Also Kim herself said "I didnt really beat Venus" who retired 5-0 with a hurt calf.

Anastasia should think twice before making silly comments.

Dawn Marie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:43 AM
First of all she just got spanked by Kim so it is beneficial to her PSYCHE to state that Kim is #1.

Oh hell, what am I writing here?

Anastasia is DELUSIONAL and NUTS in her *thinking* in that paragrapgh. How does this girl know what is inside Venus and Serena's head? Myskina is 21, Serena is 21. Serena=4 times slam winner. Myskina=0 slam winner. Myskina must get that mental frame of mind working if she expects to win a slam.:)

Volcana
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:46 AM
Actually, the #11 ranked player would tend to be a better judge of these things than any of us. Or an utter fool.

anton
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:47 AM
I think she should just be glad she was seeded 8 and was able to do as well as she did and not launch missles at Venus and Serena after she gets beaten. They will want to beat her even worse the next time they play her.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:48 AM
I don't think Kim is better than Serena or even Venus. there is still a big gap between Kim and the sisters. in my opinion she has been hyped a bit too much in this fortnight. realisitically speaking it s fair to say Serena will take her back to school.

SM
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:50 AM
Anastacia knows the game better than most on this board, she knows what she's saying! Anas played with the best and knows very well that Kim's tennis has been consistently better than any woman in the last few WTA events and probably was today worthy of a #1 performance.

Its not like there arent facts to back up ANA like the fact kim has won 24 of last 25 matches...maybe at this MOMENT kim really is playing great, the reason shes not #1 is she hasnt SUSTAINED this level for 1 year like serena has.

anton
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:55 AM
sm, do you work for ESPN? You are twisting the facts just like they do. Have you forgotten about Serena beating Kim at Hopman Cup, not to mention Venus/ Serena just beat Kim/Ai in doubles yesterday.

irma
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:57 AM
she learnt for Jelena;)

Larrybid
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:59 AM
I think Miss Myskina let her enthusiasm get the best of her. We all know that Kim is very popular in the lockerroom, and rightfully so - but come on.

We know she wasn't thinking clearly becasue she said Kimmie was "much better" than Serena right now before climbing down at least off that cloud.

I don't actually think that there is a "big" gap between Serena and Kimmie. But there is most assuredly a gap established clearly in GS tournaments the past year. That should be clear to even the Kimmie Kool-Aid drinking Msykina. Let's let Kimmie win a couple big ones before moving her ahead of the Champ.

anton
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:01 AM
jelena :rolleyes:

her comment about the girl that beat her was a "never will be" was so funny

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:04 AM
So when Serena said Els Callens was playing like number 1, or when Venus said if Justine could keep up that level all the time, she'd be number 1, they were being fools?

anton
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:08 AM
there is a difference. venus and serena never said justine or els has more confidence or that other BS. You have to be inside somebody's head to know that. If Anastasia wants to praise Kim then go right ahead but she looks delusional to me.

tennisIlove09
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:08 AM
:rolleyes:
I think Myskina is talking from her heart. Since last fall, Kim has been playing the best tennis. She's won her last 3 events, the last 2 without dropping a set...including a victory over Serena.

Does that make her the best player in the world? Not on paper, of course not. Serena and Venus have had a better 52 week period, but in the last 3-4 months, Kim has been the best player.

You can't say anything about the Hopman Cup, because it doesn't count towards official H2H, or ranking points. It's like an ex. event. You aren't hearing the commentators say something like "Oh, Monica beat Sharapova over the break"...because it doesn't matter. Same with Hopman Cup.

anton
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:10 AM
I dont think Kim rolled over and let Serena beat her at Hopman Cup.

tennisIlove09
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by anton
I dont think Kim rolled over and let Serena beat her at Hopman Cup.

I never said she did ;) I'm saying, that the real test will be tomorrow. if you think Serena "avenged" the loss in LA at the Hopman Cup, I think you are wrong. I think Serena will try to dismantle Kim tomorrow. because Serena knows Hopman Cup means nothing. She's not dumb [although...wait, no, I'll be nice ;) ]

anton
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:23 AM
what matches do you think ESPN will show?

tennisIlove09
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:25 AM
what matches do you think ESPN will show?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: they always show both semis

Chance
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:27 AM
I think it means something to serena , when a espn commentator said that the last time they played Kim defeated her Serena was quick to point out that infact she had defeated her at the Hopman CuP-

a win is a win- it's counted in the H2H and even though it's an exhibition so I would say that win means something mentally

tennisIlove09
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by sunset
I think it means something to serena , when a espn commentator said that the last time they played Kim defeated her Serena was quick to point out that infact she had defeated her at the Hopman CuP-

a win is a win- it's counted in the H2H and even though it's an exhibition so I would say that win means something mentally

and I agree to a point. What I was trying to get at, is in 10 years, when people go look at the Serena/Kim head to head, the Hopman Cup will not be on there. :p

Scorch
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:30 AM
Another conspiracy against the Williams sisters. Honestly people, why canít you see these comments as being complementary to Kim rather than derogatory to Venus and Serena? It seems like there are too many raw nerves when it comes to anything related to either Venus or Serena!

But I would still say that imo Venus and Serena are definitely the favourites!

anton
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by tennisIlove09
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: they always show both semis

will they show both live or serena and then venus on a tape?

tennisIlove09
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:33 AM
will they show both live or serena and then venus on a tape?

live...they did last year

Sridevi
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:20 AM
The Russian girls in general have a problem acknowledging the talent of Venus and Serena. I don't know if it is because they are snobs or because of they just don't like black people --I know there aren't too many in Russia.

It started with Anna way back at the Lipton saying she was better than Venus even though she lost. Dementieva took it a step further saying that she was better than Venus and if she was 100% and Venus was 100% she (Elena) would win. Now Myskina is weighing in with her comments.

To me it adds up to the Russian girls having a problem. They will always nominate someone else-- especially themselves-- as "better" than Venus and Serena even when the evidence on the court proves otherwise. I hope Venus and Serena continue to let their rackets do the talking.

Scorch
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:28 AM
HELLO! Myskina is saying that Kim's form is better, and there is a good argument to support this!!

SHE ALSO SAYS THAT VENUS AND SERENA CAN "play even better when they have to"

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Somehow I don't think it is Anastacia who is delusional.

Josh
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:46 AM
The commentator on TV said that Myskina is one of Kim's best friends on the tour so that's perhaps why she got a bit carried away. ;)

DD
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:54 AM
we will just have wait and see who's form is better. kim hasnt played venus this year and the only time she played serena she lost even though she was in form and breezing through her matches. So she shouldnt say such a thing that kim is much better than them right now. the champions play well when i counts the most.

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:03 AM
You could see Kim and Anastasia laughing and chatting together right before the match started. Josh could be right.

Freewoman33
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:25 AM
Is that why she played poorly and lost the match? Because she thought Kim had more of a chance than herself? She will never win a GS or tier 1 tournament with that mental attitude. Friendship is one thing, going out there and playing your best tennis should have been primary for her.

anton
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:38 AM
Laughing before the match? Is that why she lost? Nobody wants to see another Hingis-Davenport smile-fest.

gweeny
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:38 AM
She might be right, Kim has looked really good. But champions have a tendency to play over an above when the stake is higher. We will see how Serena responds to playing Kim. I think it will be close match between them.

Scorch
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:43 AM
Anastacia let Kim win. The evidence is right there for us to see.

What have we learned from this little episode?

YOU SMILE = YOU LOSER

Elke
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:46 AM
wow, in that case, Kim must be number 3521846! :rolleyes:

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:48 AM
That last post of Freewomen is one of the funniest I've read in a while! LMAO!

mboyle
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:11 PM
OMG She has a different opinion than a Williams FAN? What is this world coming to:rolleyes: .

spudrsca
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:19 PM
That's sure Myskina let Kim win this match because she's her friend.
Everybody know that Myskina is a better player than Clijsters:rolleyes:
Perhaps Kim made many unforced errors to avoid an humiliation to Myskina :p

the cat
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:22 PM
I don't agree with what Myskina was quoted as saying. But you have to rememer that Engliush is nyet(not) <yskina's native tongue. So maybe she didn't know the full effect of what she was saying.

But Dawn Marie is right in that players usually compliment their opponent after their opponent just easily beat them. And I think that Myskina was just complimenting Clijsters to make herself look better as a player.

Josh
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:59 PM
Actually Kim and Nastya were doing the Asereje-dance (ketchup song) LMAO. It looked like Kim was teaching Nastya how to do it. :D

RAA
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:07 PM
well, I think that Kim is playing awfully well right now.
and we do know that a player can be #1 in the world without being the most dominant player on the tour (see M. Hingis).

HOWEVER, to say that Kim is the #1 player in the world right now.. well, I think that is a stretch. She *has* been hot, winning in LA and then winning the tune-up tourney.

I think this will be a great challenge for Serena, who is both the #1 player in the world right now and the most dominant. Even if Kim beats her tomorrow, Serena will have won 3 of the previous 4 slams, which still puts her clearly in front of Kim for #1.

And if Serena beats Kim tomorrow, well, then the gulf between them will widen. That would put Serena in rarefied air by winning all four GS in her career, and would put Kim at exactly zero slams and counting.

I think Kim is a great player, but one must be consistently be winning grand slams and tournaments to be considered "the best".

G_Slammed
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:34 PM
Myskina can call it however she wants to call it.... it won't effect Venus or Serena's concentration in the least.

She thinks Kim Clijsters is the best player in the field, that's her belief. The only thing I think Myskina should have stayed hushed on is, the level of the Williams' confidence. I haven't seen anything from the sisters that suggest that they are doubting themselves. Myskina really has no way of absoulutely knowing how high or low in confidence the Williams or even Clijsters really are. Her saying that Kim has more confidenence than both sisters, is akin to Dementieva's declaration that she was more "stronger inside" than Venus. Dementieva has gone on, to prove herself wrong. ;)

I think both semis are going to be great. The four best players battling for a spot in the final.. how about that..

Messenger
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:38 PM
Myskina is a closet Clijsters fan. Don't hold it against her.

Experimentee
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:47 PM
Kim said in her interview she didnt agree with what Myskina said, and that the Williams sisters are clearly the toughest players on tour. Myskina was probably just saying that because shes friendly with Kim, and she wants to make herself feel better.

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:01 PM
Myskina said these things before Serenas match so I don't think someone could call her delusional, she is only repeating what MJF and Pam have been saying.....Kim has been on fire the last couple of monthes and during this tourney. I haven't actually seen any of Kims prior matches but I dont think Serena was playing like she can prior to the Meghann match, Serena said as much herself so......

ARealVenusFan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:02 PM
Sorry TennisIlove09, but there will be a ALL WILLIAMS FINAL!!!!!!!!

Kim's playing well, but Serena is better!

cooolconchita
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:31 PM
Someone should alert Nastya of the great wtaworld rules -

1 - you are not allowed to have an opinion
2 - if it's at any way derogatory against the Williams' - you will be spanked and punished.

Nastya said something that she felt - heaven forbid it doesn't match some of your own!

Jeez :rolleyes:

disposablehero
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:30 PM
Everyone in this thread who has played against both Kim and Serena raise your hand.

Glenn
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Josh
Actually Kim and Nastya were doing the Asereje-dance (ketchup song) LMAO. It looked like Kim was teaching Nastya how to do it. :D

LOL! CUTE...

ot1962
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by disposablehero
Everyone in this thread who has played against both Kim and Serena raise your hand.

well, Kim has played against serena, and guess what she DOES not THINK she is better than Serena. She believes she is capable of beating her. That's different from being better!

So please, let's just hear it from the HORSE's own mouth, not the butt kisser Myskina.

ot1962
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:55 PM
cooolconchita and mboyle,
You guys are being a bit silly here.
Please address the issue at hand.
Myskina said

"Kim is better than Serena and Venus right now"
" Kim is more confident than the Sisters right now"

Williams fans disagree and believe Myskina is dillussional. You disagree with them? Just tell us why, thanks.

The facts are there:

Kim has won 3 titles in a roll. She beat Serena and Venus in one of the tourneys. Okay, let's just IGNORE their past meetings just for a RIDICULOUS argument's sake. Since Kim's run, she has beaten Venus (although the HORSE herself does not count that as a win, pfff!) once (1-0 H-H), And she is 1-1 with Serena, Serena being the last person to beat her.
So right now Serena is BETTER than her (This is even IGNORING past matches etc!!!), and she is better than Venus (Although she HERSELF disagrees).
So the William's fans are backing their claim. Please convince us. Thanks

Primula
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:08 PM
Why is everybody so negative about one or the other player ! Let us all hope that we get beautiful matches, and that can't be tough, with the for best women of the moment !! I'm from Belgium, so it's obvious that i support Kim and Justine, but may the best win !! I wanna see good matches, let us enjoy the tennis and not fight?? Why is it that everybody seems to forget that it's about tennis !! We will see, enjoy it !! And support for whom you want, but don't say anything bad about the other, please, are we adults or are we fools?????

Brαm
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:16 PM
Primula :worship:

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:20 PM
Myskina is entitled to her opinion just like everyone else, but what she is doing (and the commentators and Australia media) is playing mind games withe the Williams sisters. She thinks by fucking with them mentally will give Kim and/or Justine the edge, but Capriati, Mauresmo, Hingis, Dokic, Dememtieva tried doing the same thing and last I looked, all have losing records against Serena and Hingis is only one loss away from Venus tying their career head to head matchups. What people like Myskina don't realize is that when you say negative things about the sisters, it just motivates them to do that much better and that is why, barring a physical or mental collaspe, on championship Saturday they will be on court and not he Belgians.

Primula
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:03 PM
ENJOY THE TENNIS !!!!!!!!!!!! And shut up about the rest!

Primula
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by bram_born84
Primula :worship:

Thank you !! LOL

Tatiana Panova
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:45 PM
At the end of the day she is one who has played them several times, and so I think she has a much better perspective than anyone of us, or any journalist for that matter.

If she did ass fuel to the fire, then good. I am sure she was not meaning it as a stab at Venus and Serena.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:26 PM
Next time she plays Serena or Venus, and she praises them

We won't get this reponse of saying how deluded we (Williams fans) are :rolleyes:

GET a LIFE.

Dawn Marie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:14 PM
Hehehe... Kim just made Myskina look like a NITWIT. She said that she knows that Serena and Venus are the best. Now if Kim who is higher ranked then Myskina feels that way about her opponents and herself, then what does that make Myskina?

That is like saying to my sister. Nikki I think your the best at this game, then my own sis tells me err no I think the #1 ranked player is the best.

How can you speak for someone else about themselves and they disagree with what you stated? Myskina thinks she knows Kimmie better then herself? LMAO

I do think it is because they are friends and Myskina is a bit biased, and also because she just got beat by her. Russian girls are funny.:)

Martian KC
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:18 PM
Some people are just tooo freakin arrogant for their own good. It's her goddamn opinion, for crying out loud.

ot1962
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by TheBoiledEgg
Next time she plays Serena or Venus, and she praises them

We won't get this reponse of saying how deluded we (Williams fans) are :rolleyes:

GET a LIFE.

Well, I would if Serena or Venus play crap tennis and Myskina claims they played great, i would be here to question what match she was (passively) playing in. Hell, Serena or Venus would be the first to say they DID not play well.
Hey, Kim herself DISAGREES with her, so there....

SM
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:25 PM
Anton please tell me how im twisting facts by saying Kim won 24 of last 25 matches? Its a simple fact. Face reality and open your eyes damn it.

brunof
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:42 PM
And how do you know whats going on in Anastasia's head?

Dawn Marie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:51 PM
Brunof, the girl made statments that is how people know what she is thinking? lol

I don't care if Myskina thinks Kim is better, what I thought was a bit too much was when Myskina claimed she knows what V@S are FEELING. We know what myskina is FEELING cause she made statements. She has gull in assuming she knows V@S better then themselves. Anyway I like Myskina, but just feel that she was being ARROGANT in her interview. I know that she was caught up in the moment with her loss to Kim.:)

TeeRexx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:03 PM
The rantings of Myskina are very reminiscent of the the sour grapes ravings of Dementieva after she got waxed by VENUS at Indian Wells and accused the WILLIAMS of match fixing.

Myskina needs to put more effort in her game and less in her mouth.

ys
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:09 PM
The rantings of Myskina are very reminiscent of the the sour grapes ravings of Dementieva after she got waxed by VENUS at Indian Wells and accused the WILLIAMS of match fixing.

Myskina needs to put more effort in her game and less in her mouth.

Indeed, Dementieva lost to Williams, true. And had her sour grapes against Williams. And Myskina lost to Clijsters. And
also had sour grapes against Williams. Today, probably, Wayne Ferreira will lose to Agassi and will have his sour grapes against Williams too..

You are becoming very reminiscent of sewerage, because the stream of crap coming from you seems to be unceasing

TeeRexx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:18 PM
YS - You seem to be equally full of the same wonderful material as well, my good buddy. :p KMBA

persond
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:35 PM
:D :D I really don't see what all the fuss is about??? Venus and Serena don't give a "flying hockey puck" what Myaskina, Kim, Justine, or anyone else thinks about their game or their confidence!!!:D :D They are about their business and don't care what anyone else on the tour is doing or thinks, especially about them. They have been prepared by their parents to deal with this craziness and consider themselves about this fray!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They can "show" you better than they can "tell" you about their confidence and game!!! :p :p :p :p (Another version of "letting their racquets do the talking").

anton
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by SM
Anton please tell me how im twisting facts by saying Kim won 24 of last 25 matches? Its a simple fact. Face reality and open your eyes damn it.

kim lost to v/s in doubles yesterday and lost to serena at hopman cup. and those 24 mathes wont help kim one bit tonight against serena who has by the way won 26 grand slam matches in a row.

CJ07
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:48 PM
oh please

Justine and Clijsters
will get SPANKED like they're mommas spanked when they were bad little girls!!

7-5 6-3 scorlines for both Williams'

anton
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:51 PM
add yvgeny kfelnikov to the list of russians saying negative things against venus. remember he said she didnt have any techinque

Lisbeth
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:59 PM
I said this somewhere else, but my view is that I don't know whether she's right, I'd be surprised if Kim had more confidence, but I like it when players observe the others and are prepared to have a view. So good on her regardless of whether she's right or wrong.

Personally I think I agree with Kim that Serena is the best, then probably Venus, but I think Kim's right up there now, certainly closer than anyone was most of last year.

Lisbeth
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by mmcdonald
oh please

Justine and Clijsters
will get SPANKED like they're mommas spanked when they were bad little girls!!

7-5 6-3 scorlines for both Williams'

:eek: I'm sure Kimmie was NEVER bad!! :eek:

G_Slammed
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:07 AM
And how do you know whats going on in Anastasia's head?

Anastacia knows what's going on in her own big head, we don't.

And she needs to be held to the same rule when it comes to telling others what's going on in their heads. She talked about Clijsters having "MORE confidence" than Venus and Serena... but I know Myskina has NO WAY of knowing that. She's not a mind reader, and she's not in the semis vying for a spot in the finals.. the confident players are.

selesrules
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:17 AM
I hate when players make stupid remarks. I hope Serena and Venus destroy Myskina 6-0, 6-0 the next time they meet her. Sure Kim is improving but to say that she's the real no.1 when Serena won the last 3 grandslams and is no.1 by over 2000 points, and also when Kim has never won a grandslam, is simply a combination of disrespect & stupidity with some ignorance & lack of class, mixed with just a tiny little bit of complete nonsense.

o0O0o
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:31 AM
Maybe Anastasia feels that Kim is playing better than Serena right now. Is it so hard to accept that one random tennis player thinks the world #3 is having a better tournament than the world #1? Geez.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by selesrules
I hate when players make stupid remarks. I hope Serena and Venus destroy Myskina 6-0, 6-0 the next time they meet her. Sure Kim is improving but to say that she's the real no.1 when Serena won the last 3 grandslams and is no.1 by over 2000 points, and also when Kim has never won a grandslam, is simply a combination of disrespect & stupidity with some ignorance & lack of class, mixed with just a tiny little bit of complete nonsense.

thats from a guy who's still living in cloud cuckoo land
in the hope Monica might win a Tier I or Slam again

disposablehero
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:44 AM

Tier I? 11 days.

LeonHart
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:47 AM
Nicely said TBG :)

bobcat
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:08 AM
Hey, I don't think it's out of the question that Monica can win a Tier 1, either. Some Tier 1 tournaments don't have very strong draws.

selesrules
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:11 AM

What the hell is your point? Did Monica say that she's no.1 instead of Serena? Did Monica say that Kim is no.1 instead of Serena? You need help. You know what, I'm sick of Williams fans, I take off my previous comment which defend the Williams and I am now HAPPY that Myskina is calling Kim as better then Serena. GO KIM, KICK SERENA'S ASS. You Williams fans always look for trouble and you always put down Monica for no reason, it's kind of pathetic. And laugh while you can, but Monica WILL win many big titles in the next 2 years.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Dawn Marie
Hehehe... Kim just made Myskina look like a NITWIT. She said that she knows that Serena and Venus are the best. Now if Kim who is higher ranked then Myskina feels that way about her opponents and herself, then what does that make Myskina?

Kim's not gonna put pressure on herself by saying otherwise, but you can bet she BELIEVES she's the best.
just ask Hewitt, even he says she will win the tourn.

Dawn would know all about Nitwits, as she's the boards expert

Asdfqwer
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:13 AM
this has to be the most ridiculous thing i've read on this board

just because myskina made a comment about kim being better than the sisters and you all diss myskina. my god man, you williams fans are sensitive. theres nothing wrong with making a comment about a person being better than someone else, she has to right to say that. sure this might sound a little ridiculous but i dont see whats the problem here. besides, players like hingis, serena, venus, davenport have all made WAY WORSE comments. also i'm sure this comment meant absoultey nothing to the sisters and obviously they dont give a damn either.

oh and obviously clijsters would disagree to that comment, u dont go in a match saying that u're better than the rest

and to that idiot who thinks myskina is a racist and all russians girls are racists, you really need a nice whack in the back of the head. i think u're the one whos racist against russians by making some stupid general remark like that

:mad:

Dawn Marie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:19 AM
Egg I love yah babe. Yah little NITWIT:)

Really though I think it's funny that Myskina feels that Kim has more confidence than Serena or Venus. When she can't measure with validy Serena and Venus's confidence level to compare with Kim's. Really Myskina kinda went overboard in her praise for Kim. She really didn't have to mention V@S in her FEELINGS for Kim. That right there tells me where Myskina's head really is at. She knows Serena and Venus are the one's to beat.:)

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:26 AM
This thread is totally out of line
just wish i was here earlier in the day instead of being at a tournament.

The thing that no one understands about Anastasia is that she always gives full praise to her opponents.
99% of those criticing her have never seen her/know her at all.

and Asdfqwer Could not have out it any better.

Dawn....... love ya too :)

selesrules
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by joy
:confused: Since when is Eggy a Williams fan:confused: This was your response to Eggy:D

You're right, sorry. He's the fan of players who has NEVER won a grandslam or a big title and yet he's being smart ass about Monica who's one of the all-time greats and still competing at the top of the game 10 years after her peak. :rolleyes: Look at the players he mentions in the signature, yet he's making a comment about QUEEN MONICA :rolleyes:

But even with that, I'm sick of the whole Williams thing because even when I praise them or defend them, someone will still bash me and I'm getting tired of it.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by selesrules
You're right, sorry. He's the fan of players who has NEVER won a grandslam or a big title and yet he's being smart ass about Monica who's one of the all-time greats and still competing at the top of the game 10 years after her peak. :rolleyes: Look at the players he mentions in the signature, yet he's making a comment about QUEEN MONICA :rolleyes:

Players i mention at least i KNOW most of them personally.

selesrules
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:41 AM
You know them because they are NOBODIES.

SM
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:52 AM
Eggy, full praise is beter than no praise which the williams fans seem to prefer...round one against Loit ring a bell? a loud one ;)

tennischick
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Scorch
Another conspiracy against the Williams sisters. Honestly people, why canít you see these comments as being complementary to Kim rather than derogatory to Venus and Serena? It seems like there are too many raw nerves when it comes to anything related to either Venus or Serena!

But I would still say that imo Venus and Serena are definitely the favourites!

well said...:)

anton
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:18 AM
Myskina, still think Kim is #1?

Raisin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:38 AM

lol;)

Scorch
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:42 AM
Get over it for Christ's sake.

How ironic that fans of two winners like Venus and Serena can be such LOSERS

anton
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:43 AM
serena showed a lot of heart out there. i was prepaired to accept a defeat but I guess serena wasn;t How did she hit those winners with that big blister on her foot and another one on her toe??

and the crowd needed to shut up! there is supporting a player and then there is being rude and nasty.

anton
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:45 AM
Get over it for Christ's sake.

How ironic that fans of two winners like Venus and Serena can be such LOSERS

:rolleyes: whatever, whatever :rolleyes:

This is not the Taliban so we can have an opinion.

Scorch
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:07 AM
It wasnt the opinion I objected to. It was the gloating - what's the point?

Raisin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:09 AM
It wasnt the opinion I objected to. It was the gloating - what's the point?

And what's your point whinning about people goating:p

Scorch
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Raisin
And what's your point whinning about people goating:p

Great comeback. But I dont see any goats in here. Other animals maybe, but no goats.

Primula
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:52 AM

LOSER !! Shut up about Kim, maybe you have to shyt up about tennis! Cause it seems that you don't understand much of the game!!

Both players like each other, do you really think that Serena finds it nice to have fans who always make remarkes on their opponents : NOT !!!

anton
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:59 AM
we can reply to Myskina.

As Madonna said:

"I'm not your Bi+##, dont hang your s### out on me."

Raisin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:04 AM
Great comeback. But I dont see any goats in here. Other animals maybe, but no goats.

lol you know I meant gloating;) and please stop whinning:p

anton
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:06 AM
raisin, is it snowing in switerland?

Raisin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:07 AM
raisin, is it snowing in switerland?

Nah Anton its actually raining in Geneva:wavey:

anton
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:09 AM
ha! its colder in the USA than in Genva? ops! i forgot im in Australia.