PDA

View Full Version : We Want a BELGIAN vs a WILLIAMS (FINAL!)

Buitenzorg
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:03 AM
ok!

Buitenzorg
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:11 AM
Go Girls :D

Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:38 AM
I actually wanted Kim vs. Serena. Why did they have to be in the same half of the draw?

Jordan.
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:40 AM
quit it Katulampa!!!! :D

DaveMatthewsBand
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:40 AM
Same here!

gladysharon
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:59 AM
Better than an all-williams final...I prefer something new!

vs1
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:20 AM
You know, I like all four of these girls in the semis. they are my fave four (Dinara is #5!). So at this point, I'm happy. Any two of them would be great finals oppponents. Any one of them would be a great GS champion! So I say, HAVE FUN GIRLS! Play your hearts out!

same here too. I don't really care for an all belgian final (who would you have to root for then?) and an all Williams... besides the fact that we've already had it three times last year, they normally don't really play good matches against each other.
Go girls!

fleemkeģ
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:58 PM
If I had to choose and it can't be an all Belgian one :p justine-serena :D

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:04 PM
Well it would be more dramatic thats for certain. GO USA!

ys
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:20 PM
I think you will get it. No matter of what Williams fans's wishful thinking is and of what Belgian's fans wishfull thinking is, I think that chances are 50:50 in both matches. The surface is slow, which is a great equalizer fro Belgians. Serena is not afraid of Kim, and Kim knows she can beat Serena. The same for Venus and Justine. No intimidation factor here. Probably the only matchups on WTA without that factor. We, really, should be thankful that it's these matchups, not anything else. SHould it have been any other players instead of Belgians, say, Davenport or Myskina, the outcome of semifinal could be considered predetermined. And here it is 50:50. And out of three possibilties ( all Williams, all Belgian, Williams-Belgian ) of finals, the A Williams - a Belgian is the most likely - 50%. And so shall be it..;)