PDA

View Full Version : WE DON'T WANT AN ALL-WILLIAMS FINAL !!!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:44 AM
Please Kim, please Justine...Do this for all of us, non-Williams fans, who are being more and more persecuted by some pretentious and arrogant posters who happen to believe that the Williams sisters are Goddess....

:D

I'm expecting replies from frustrated Williams fans...but this e-mail is only a small shadow of the numerous pretentious threads you bombard the board with

Wojtek
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:45 AM
Yes we don't

Come on Kim and Justine

Venus Forever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:47 AM
It's sad that you have to create a thread to pray for the Williams to lose.:rolleyes:

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by VeNuS FoReVeR
It's sad that you have to create a thread to pray for the Williams to lose.:rolleyes:

Well, it's sad you have to waste your time posting a reply in my stupid thread

:D

Venus Forever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:49 AM
Hey, you called it stupid.;)

Freewoman33
You know what they say, be carefull what you wish for.....

Tennisfan-Mtl
YES :D

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:52 AM
Is that such a crime that some people DON'T want an all-Williams final ?

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:55 AM
that s as much of a crime as wishing against an all belgian final

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:56 AM
I guess we don't have the same notion of crime then ;)

danielrosario
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:57 AM
I think an all Belgian final would be a refreshing change :)

Buitenzorg
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:07 AM
Kim most likely to beat Serena than Justine to beat Venus!

But, we'll see what is going to happen?

Hope Justine or Kim can beat one of the Williams :D

Volcana
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:09 AM
we hope for an all-Williams final

kiwifan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:16 AM
Don't worry haters, Indian Wells isn't too far off.

You will soon be Williams free.

Scotso
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:17 AM
"all blacks"? That's very racist.

Go Kimmy!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:21 AM
hmm scotso Im wondering why you dont think its "sad" that tennis fan created a thread wishing the williams sisters to lose?

gorecki
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:22 AM
come on kimmy!

gorecki
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:23 AM
i don't mind if Kimmy faces Venus in the final... :devil:
;)

Blogger Dives
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:27 AM
Go Justine win the Aussie Open title!

All Belgian Final 2003!

Go Juju...... Go Kimmy!!!!! :)

Lynx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:29 AM
I don't want an all Williams final. (not exciting, imo)
I also don't want an all Belgian final. (not exciting, imo)

I want a Kim-Venus final ! :)

... still, if it would be an all Belgian final - verrry unlikely - THAT would be history in the making !!! Never has a Belgian girl won a GS. There are only 10 million Belgians. Half of that are women. How big is the chance that 2 of them would play each other in the final of a GS ?? :eek:

And I wish ppl would stop using that hateful word "haters". It turns my stomach. :(

sideout
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:42 AM
scotso, are you really that dense? The All Blacks are the NZ rugby union national team, in case you couldn't pick that up from a post from a poster named "kiwifan", and has nothing to do with race............Oh well, you can just avoid watching the sisters as they battle out in the AO finals....

gladysharon
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:50 AM
GO JUSTINE!! Win Venus & the finals!!

I want something fresh than an all-williams final...
Justine should get a shot at this!! She deserves it! :bounce: :worship:

Jericho
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:54 AM
come on kim and justine...win so we dont have to see an all williams final because...because...because...we just dont want to!!

Pepsikova
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:03 AM
I DEFINATELY don't want to see an all Belgian final because Kim has been crushing Justine lately, if Venus is going play Serena the same way as she did last year, that will be just as boring to me. I think the best final to come out of this is Kim vs Venus, or Serena vs Justine.

TSequoia01
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:13 AM
Sorry people, as much as I like Kim and Justine, the media (plus Myskina) have awakened the talented, intelligent, and powerful Sisters. If they had not dissed them, ignored them, and discounted them, the classy Belgians may have been successful. But now it is too late, they are now highly motivated and cannot be stopped. Sorry. Beat'em down Ms Williams, beat'em down! :o :p

vs1
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:13 AM
There are only five Williams sisters. Two of them are professional tennis players. How big of a chance would it be that they would both play each other in the final of all the four GS events?!

Of course we want an all-Williams final in OZ! It would complete the Venus & Serena GS Final appearance! The "Williams Slam!"

servenrichie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:34 AM
Right on Sequoia01 and vs1!

tennisIlove09
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:09 AM
I don't want an All-Williams final.

Give me
Venus-Kim :D
Serena-Justine :D
Justine-Kim :D

Any of the three will be fine.

However, I realize that it's unlikely, I will not hold my breath

Sharapower
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:27 AM
Yep, it would be really sad for the WTA tour that the two same players would be in the fourth grandslam final in a row, whatever is their name, nationality or race. That would almost mean there is no more interest following the tour because everybody can predict the whole thing.
Saying that is not bashing the sisters, just hoping the tour will still be thrilling and worth watching.
Anyway, if it's an all Williams final, then congrats to the sisters.

wongqks
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:29 AM
Frankly I don't really mind who is in the final, but what I want is a close semifinals, that will really helped women tennis, and let WTA to build a platform to try to promote this

ASTRID
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:32 AM
Go KiM !!!!!!!!!!

i-girl
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:47 AM
I don't want an all Williams final, and I don't want an all Belgian final. Venus vs. Kim will be best, if not, Serena vs. Justine is also good.

tennisfan1972
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:01 AM
I think an All Williams Final will be good for the WTA adn good for Venus and Serena. I seriously doubt having Kim or Justine in the final would make it any more exciting that having either Williams sister. If serena is serving like she did last night, it doesnt matter who is on the other side of the net. Same with Venus if her first serve is working it will be a short match cus she is gaining confidence every match. I just want an exciting match whoever makes it. Iactually like the williams williams finals i dont see anything boring about them in fact. tome thats teh highest level of play that i could imagine. when i saw them at wimbledon and USopen its amazing what they can do on the run against each other. it almost looks unreal. but i also like justines game and how she matches up with serena when she is rested, they produce beautiful tennis as well. venus has a tendency to just crush justine or Kim if she is in her groove.

But whoever makes it deserves it. who ever doesnt make it, needs to go home and practice more. I'm glad i like all 4 girls. this is a dream come true fo rem seeing all of them reach the semis. i want to see a williams final though just so that history is made in my lifetime. i also want to see justine and Kim do well, though. But only when their games reach the level that they need to win slams. Winning a slam is not the same as winning tier I's and Tier II's.

SerialKiller#69
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:13 AM
just as long as venus doesn't lose... :)

Hulet
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:40 AM
I only watch the final if it is an all-williams final. For any other combo, I don't have the time.

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by vs1
There are only five Williams sisters. Two of them are professional tennis players. How big of a chance would it be that they would both play each other in the final of all the four GS events?!

Of course we want an all-Williams final in OZ! It would complete the Venus & Serena GS Final appearance! The "Williams Slam!"

Actually, the odds of having two sisters compete at top level in the same sport are much much much higher than having two strangers from the same region compete at top level.

Hulet
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Beggin' Beguine
Actually, the odds of having two sisters compete at top level in the same sport are much much much higher than having two strangers from the same region compete at top level.

Please show all your calculations. :D

Lynx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by vs1
There are only five Williams sisters. Two of them are professional tennis players. How big of a chance would it be that they would both play each other in the final of all the four GS events?! ...That was a comment on my previous post, I suppose? Do you have so much trouble giving some credit to those two marvelous Belgian girls? I never bashed a Williams - in fact Venus is one of my faves. :(

The chance of having 2 very talentented tennisplaying sisters (out of five) is indeed pretty high, like Beguine pointed out. It has happened before. vs1 - learn to skate before jumping on the ice; that way you won't fall so easily and look ridiculous.

For America to be at the same level as Belgium right now, there would have to be approximately 55 American women playing as good as the 2 Belgian girls, 16 German women, 12 British, 12 French, 12 Italian, 4 Australian... That's pretty amazing, really.
Now it if was only one Belgian girl - that could be a fluke.

Lynx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by eta psi
Please show all your calculations. :D It's called genetics, dear.

servenrichie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:47 PM
what disclaimer said!

tennischick
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:48 PM
as long as Serena completes her Serena Slam, i really don't care who she faces doing it. but since i want Venus to go down, i'd rather she face Serena bec that would be my best chance...;) ;)

servenrichie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:04 PM
Venus isnt going down Tennischick, but there is the option of hiting your head on the wall, it may help you out...:p

Hulet
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Lynx
It's called genetics, dear.
I still don't get it. If your argument was true, shouldn't Elke be in the semi instead of justine? :confused:

Lynx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:46 PM
No. But since you brought that up: the simple fact that Elke plays tennis too - and is quite talented - illustrates "my" argument. (It's not "mine", though - it's just the scientific one.)

There are only 2 Clijsters sisters, btw. So the chances are very much smaller. The bigger the family, the more likely it becomes that the same talent strikes more than once.

Come on, eta psi - if your nick means anything, you should know that!! :)

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by eta psi
I still don't get it. If your argument was true, shouldn't Elke be in the semi instead of justine? :confused:

Yes, the odds of having both Kim and Elke as top players are higher than having Kim and Justine. But odds is not the same as truth. 'High chance' means that it's more likely to happen than not, not that it will most definitely happen!

The odds of winning the lottery are very small, yet there are people who do win it, against all odds.

Imagine a bucket with 10 red balls, 10 blue balls and 1 green ball. The odds that you'll pick a red or a blue ball are much higher than for the green. Yet, it's still possible to pick the green ball.