PDA

View Full Version : What's your ITN?

SM
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:41 AM
International tennis number. Its been adverticed on nearly every commercial here during the Aus. open and is the new global ratin system!

Unite tennis under a common rating language!
1 = Holds or is capable of holding a WTA/ATP ranking and major source of income is through tournament prize money.

2 = This player has developed power and/or consistency as a major weapon. Can vary strategies and styles of play in a competitive situation. Is usually a nationally ranked player.

3 = Good shot anticipation and frequently has an outstanding shot or attribute around which a game can be structured. Can regularly hit winners and force errors off short balls. Can put away volleys and smashes and has a variety of serves to rely on.

4 = This player can use power and spin and has begun to handle pace. Has sound footwork, can control depth of shots, and can very gameplan according to opponents. Can hit first serves with power and can impart spin on second serves.

5 = Dependable strokes, including directional control and depth on 'both' groundstrokes and on moderate shots. Has the ability to use lobs, overheads, approach shots and volleys with some success.

6 = This player exhibits more aggressive net play, has improved court coverage and shot control.

7 = Fairly consistent at hitting medium-paced shots, but is not yet comfortable with all strokes. Lacks control over depth, direction and power.

8 = This player is able to judge where the ball is goingand can sustain a 'short' rally of slow pace.

9 = This player lneeds on court experience, but strokescan be completed with some success.

10 = This player is starting to play competitively.

to get ur number go here http://www.internationaltennisnumber.com/ITN-Description-of-Standard.pdf or
http://www.internationaltennisnumber.com

SM
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:08 AM
u can use the latter URL to get to the pdf file, which u need to get ur number.

I think my game off a rally ball = 6. But my serve and returns at 5.