PDA

View Full Version : Back in the days of ancient Rome, they told the following tale of the Gods....

Volcana
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:33 AM
The Goddess of Love was sunning herself one day, basking in the glow of the worshipful gaze of her legions of admirers. Enthralled by her mystery, they worshipped at her feet, defended her from attack, and were reputed to take violent and relentless offense at the slightest criticism. She gave little in return but Beauty and Grace, demanding more for comfort and support. Yet mortals were lost without her. Men enthralled, women bereft of their sanity.

Diana the Hunter strode past and gazed on the Love Goddess disdainfully.

"You may be my elder, through Jupiter's caprice, but meet me on a level playing field and I'll show you who has more power over mortals."

The Goddess of Love was bemused. Her younger sister always had been competitive. But this was a challenge that simply could not be brooked. For one thing, she didn't need to hear about it 24 hours a day.

'She really needs to get a place on the Coast, but I’d miss her.'

But the rule of Love over mortals had gone unchallenged for quite some time. All manner of bad Country and Western songs had been written in its name. Baby Sister might be built like a brick shithouse but the advantages of age lent a better understanding of the human heart.

And sibling jealousy.

Ultimately though, this was a challenge that had to be indulged, if peace was reign on Olympus.

"Okay okay okay remember what happened the last five times."

"WHAT ABOUT GRAND SLAM CUP?!?!"

"Tour events. You said you wanted a level playing field. Don't start throwing in exhibitions."

"I'll get you for #%@&% ..."

"Athena WILL hear about that."

Steaming with anger, Diana hurled at herself at the mortal plane, unerringly seeking the one person perfectly attuned, perfectly prepared to the physical embodiment of the Goddess of the Hunt.

'That's it! Little Miss Nice Goddess is done finishing second! The Huntress is coming. I’ll show that tall, skinny, stuckup oh-I-have-to-win-EVERY-damn-time ....'

January 24, 2002

'Well at least it's a LEVEL playing field. First I get hurt at Sydney, and then Venus gets hurt here. Jupiter is a prick. Jupiter? What a time for a historical flashback. Next I'll think the Italian Open is played in the Coliseum. I wonder if Jenn spiked my Big Mac again ....'

And the spirit of Diana entered Serena with rather more stealth than we usually associate with godly possession.

No brights lights, no glowing sensation, no Hallelujah Chorus.

Serena just sprawled back over the sofa, fast asleep.

And woke up the next day feeling unusually good.

She didn't notice til she realized that she had been running with the dogs for half an hour and her ankle didn't.

'My ankle feels great.'

Later that night, she called a very happy tournament director at Scottsdale, Arizona.

February 26, 2002

The Goddess of Love called her older sister on her cell-phone.

"Hey big sister, nice job this winter. Had enough of a head start?"

"Hey YOU picked her! She was hurt at the time! Why you're blamin' me?"

"I'm not blaming you. You might wanna checkout my debut. I’m gonna have it set to a Santana sound track."

February 27, 2002

The physical embodiment of the Goddess of the Hunt headed out for her first match at Scottsdale 2002.

“Supernatural” by Carlos Santana was playing in the background.

Everybody here knows the rest of story.

Venus Forever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:41 AM
Zeus is the King of the GREEK Gods.;)

Jupiter is King of the Roman Gods.:)

Otherwise, very cute.:D

Volcana
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:55 AM
Oh thanks I'll correct.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:14 PM
Awesome! :D