PDA

View Full Version : Myskina's Interview

BK4ever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:06 AM
K. CLIJSTERS/A. Myskina
6-2, 6-4

Q. How had she improved since you played her last?
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I think Kim improve a lot. She didn't lot of mistake like usually. Before we play, she was rushing all the time on the court and she did a lot of mistake, unforced errors. But today wasn't like in Leipzig. It was much better. I think she much better right now.

Q. You were very nervous at the start. Any reason for that?
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah. I think Rod Laver in the first quarterfinal. But I wasn't that nervous like usually. But I think Kim play really good today. I did my best.

Q. Do you think she has the firepower to take on the No. 1 and 2 seeds?
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I think Kim right now the best player in the world. What I think right now.

Q. How do you see her matching up with Serena in particular?
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Kim beat her last time in Championships. I think she have a good chance here to win the whole Australia Open, because I think she really feel like she play home here. The crowd really support her.
She much better -- not much better, but I think she better than Serena and Venus right now. More confidence right now I think than Serena and Venus.

Q. Is there a sense among other players that it will be a good thing if one of you can break through against the Williams sisters?
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Justine have a good chance tomorrow against Venus, I think. We have many players who can fight against them. Loit show us in the first round we all can play against Venus and Serena. I think all of them have a good chance.

Q. Do the players support more Kim and Justine more than Serena and Venus because of the dominance of the sisters?
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No. We all try to be friendly to each other. You travel every week. You have to see each other every week. It's hard to be really angry to each other.
So I think you have to be really friendly. So we all the same like with Venus and with Kim.

Q. Are you happy with your campaign in the Australian Open this year?
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, of course. I'm really happy. I'm really happy that it's finished and I can go home. I'm really tired because it was hard one week and a half for me, but I really happy.

Q. Kim made a lot of errors on her forehand. Were you playing to that particularly?
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I think she did a lot of winners also from forehand. It's hard to say where she going to miss, where she not. So you have to fight. You have to play. You can't just think with Kim where is she going to miss because she really confidence on the court, so you have to win the point.

Q. How did you feel after the first set? She hardly gave you a chance.
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, there was a chance for me in the second set. I didn't took it. But I think in the second set was much better than the first. I tried my best, but lost.

Q. Is she now your favorite to win the tournament?
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, I think so.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports...

Lisbeth
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:09 AM
Nice interview. Of course, people are going to blast her for saying she thinks Kim is the best player but I like them to speak their minds.

Lynx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:20 AM
That already happened in another thread.

But to be honest - I don't think she's right. I think Kim has a chance, but I fear Serena will be too strong for her. :sad:
And IF she beats Serena, she'll be exhausted... and still will have to confront Venus. (I don't think Justine will win her semi.)

Thanks for the interview, BK4ever. :)

Simplify
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:20 AM
I don't see anything wrong with that.:confused:

Averylove
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:26 AM
I was starting to like her but now Im starting to think what kind of dope is she smoking ?

That Myskina just showed Me that there is a conspiracy against the sisters on the tour and she just gave us the plot ! Poor Kim Clijsters she is going to Face a different kind of Serena and thats " Ming The Merciless One " the one that crushs the so called "White hopes " of the world what a burden Kim Clijsters has to live up to !

There can Never be enough sister slams including the one thats commin in Aussie Land !

Serena writes the songs the WTA just better follow along !

Lisbeth
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:28 AM
I don't know if she's right or not, I just like it that she seems to have watched the various players and formed a view.

Interesting analysis Lynx but I hope you're wrong! I think she has it in her to beat them both one of these days and soon. Question is whether it's this week or not.

Venus Forever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:45 AM
She's kidding me, right??:rolleyes:

Kim is the best in the world right now ... LOL:D

Rocketta
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:50 AM
hmmm, how many ue's did she hit today? Not saying that is the only barometer but Kim although her scores have been lopsided has hit many ue's this tournament. She will not get 20 + winners on a fresh Serena so I don't know. I guess we will see tomorrow?? Are the Semi's tomorrow or the day after?

harloo
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:02 AM
Ditto Averylove. The plot thickens. LOL. At first I was ok if Kim won if my fave didn't, but now I just wan't either Williams to take it home and shut the haters up.

LOL@myskina. Did she ever beat a Williams in her career? Nope.

Volcana
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:06 AM
1) She entitled to her opinion.

2) If that's an accurate quote, English is clearly not her first language. The question put her in a position of having to dis the woman who just beat her if she said anything else. What COULD she say? "Sure she just beat me but Serena will kick her ass"?

People who bash her over this are just looking for a fight.

Lynx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Rocketta
hmmm, how many ue's did she hit today? Not saying that is the only barometer but Kim although her scores have been lopsided has hit many ue's this tournament. She will not get 20 + winners on a fresh Serena so I don't know. I guess we will see tomorrow?? Are the Semi's tomorrow or the day after? Kim hit a total of 37 UE's in her match against Myskina.
1st set: 12
2nd set: 25 :eek: - I think she lost focus...

Serena, otoh only made a total of 19 UE's !!!
1st set: 5 :eek: WOW
2nd set: 14 - Serena said she lost focus in her second set...

But of course - if you're playing more games, you're gonna have more UE's. In her match against Petra Mandula (6-0, 6-0), for instance, Kim made a total of only 10 UE's... (4 and 6) :)

Lynx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Number1Kim
I don't know if she's right or not, I just like it that she seems to have watched the various players and formed a view.

Interesting analysis Lynx but I hope you're wrong! I think she has it in her to beat them both one of these days and soon. Question is whether it's this week or not. Ah, Number1Kim, I hope I'm wrong too. :)

tenn_ace
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:34 AM
I don't agree with Nastya about Kim being a best player in the world right now... but again I just watched Serena's match against Meghann whereas Nastya gave this interview before that match... she might change her mind after watching it.

Serena and Venus were not particulary awesome in the earlier matches, were they?

Averylove
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:03 AM
I was starting to like her but now Im starting to think what kind of dope is she smoking ?

That Myskina just showed Me that there is a conspiracy against the sisters on the tour and she just gave us the plot ! Poor Kim Clijsters she is going to Face a different kind of Serena and thats " Ming The Merciless One " the one that crushs the so called "White hopes " of the world what a burden Kim Clijsters has to live up to !

There can Never be enough sister slams including the one thats commin in Aussie Land !

Serena writes the songs the WTA just better follow along !

Larrybid
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:42 AM
Yeah, Myskina is <b>wishing<b/> that Kim is the best in the world at the moment. I agree Kim is playing wonderfully riight now but, gimmie a break. If Serena serves well tommorow...Kim is going down hard - whether Kimmie play great or not. Bottom line is Kim still only wins if Serena has on off day.

Its fine if Myskina has on opinion, but its clearly based more on hope than objective fact. Otherwise she wouldn't be basing her opinion on an admittidly terible match Serena had a week ago. I know the girl on top is a target for the rest of the field, but geez, a little respect for the 3-time GS champ please.

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:01 AM
I would almost have to agree, had I not seen the match with Serena and Meghann, prior to that I was a little concerned about Serena myself, given all of that I don't think that Myskina's statement was all that bad, add to that, she just lost to Kim, of course she is going to say she is playing great ......

Chance
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:14 AM
Myskina is entitled to her opinion.

Personally I think Serena is the BEST player in the world -

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:20 AM
::rolleyes:

Anastasia said nothing WRONG, she's entitled to an opinion
you guys are just deluded the ones trying to prove she's saying negative stuff about the Williams.

Scorch
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by joy
I so agree- IMO, she didn't dismiss Serena at all..you guys should handle like Serena did when told----Let the rackets do the talking- why don't you!!

I agree even more than you!!

THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY

Mase
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Volcana
1) She entitled to her opinion.

2) If that's an accurate quote, English is clearly not her first language. The question put her in a position of having to dis the woman who just beat her if she said anything else. What COULD she say? "Sure she just beat me but Serena will kick her ass"?

People who bash her over this are just looking for a fight.

Ok cracking on her language, cmon now!! Jeez.........

Lynx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:00 PM
Mase, Volcana IS NOT cracking on her language. :( He/she is actually defending Myskina.

Volcana is becoming very fast one of my favorite posters. :) GREAT posts.

Mase
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:05 PM
My bad, I just re read the post......... calm down turbo.

Lynx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:16 PM
I'm sorry - my English is not THAT good either - but I suppose this is an apology? If so, accepted! :)

Turbo? - weird apology. Ah, well.