PDA

View Full Version : These are grand times to be a Kim fan!

disposablehero
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:32 AM
Yes, because Kim is now a recognized (if not always admitted) threat to Williams dominance, certain members of that fanbase have been yapping and generally trying to discredit Kim.

But why? Because she is a clear, full-time threat. And that's not easy to attain.

I (we) used to have to worry about many players. It would be a real feat for Kim to beat Lindsay, a real feat to beat Martina, etc etc. That's all gone. Kim is a serious threat to the Williams, and absolutely postively EXPECTED to beat any other player on tour.

Kim has now gone 20 consecutive matches without losing more than 4 games in a set to anyone not named Serena Williams. That's 18 non-Serena matches. Add that to an identical split in the 2 Serena matches, and that is one HELL of a run.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:39 AM
Yes I remember those days! I remember the first glimpse of her I saw, and I remember the first time I saw your website. And the match against Serena in US Open '99. I remember the first tournament she won! I remember all the excitement of hearing she was with Lleyton and how all his female fans called her names. I remember all the moments of Kim her 2001 breakthrough at Indian Wells and the French final and just every waking moment of her rise to what she is now. Just, WOW!!!!

Lisbeth
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:39 AM
So true!

I think everyone's forgotten that she's younger than the current 1 and 2 as well ... there's improvement in Kim yet!