PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Week Two Stats

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:27 AM
Unless I am wrong, Serena has been having the best week two so far. She has dropped the least amount of games (9) and her match statistics have been the cleanest. Kim comes in a close second (has lost 10 games in week 2, but match stats not as clean as Serena's), Venus third (lost 12 games, but match statis not as clean as Serena's, but slightly better than Kims') and obviously Justine are the worst of the four because she lost a set.

I guess MJF was correct. She said that Serena was going to get better with every match in week 2 and she has and unless Serena plays likes she played in round one, I don't see her having as much problem with Kim as I thought.

Robbie.
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:41 AM
I think Serena played a horrible first set against Danilidou. If Eleni had of been able to get a serve in ( :rolleyes: ) she would have taken the first set. To her credit, Serena stepped up the pace in the second and was quite superb today BUT I think at this stage of the year she may be prone to prolongued periods of bad form and that will cost her dearly against Kim. Now Kim was not as tight against Myskina as she was in her first four matches but I haven't seen any really severe lapses like I have seen from Serena.

Jericho
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:49 AM
serena also lost a set...

Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:13 AM
Kim had a severe lapse in concentration in her 3rd round match, but luckilly it only lasted for a few games

TSequoia01
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:20 AM
Kim has played excellent. Today she had a lapse because Myskina was awful. Kim probably got bored playing an opponent who did little but hit to the middle of the court awaiting ue's. But Serena is peaking, but more important has calmed down and just wants to play. Bad news folks. A calm motivated Serena is just too much to handle by anyone including Kim. :cool:

azinna
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:42 AM
It is the Calm that's allowing Rena to peak. We'll see if Kim is able to rattle her. In 2001, only Venus and JenCap were able to do so regularly. Last year, Rena took care of her emotions against V, but JenCap, for some reason, has always been able to get Rena to play seriously low percentage (i think the slugging gets contagious).

If Kim can retrieve, slug and mindf--k like an on form JenCap, she has a definite chance.