PDA

View Full Version : Kim beat Myskina, 6-2, 6-4

spokenword73
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:23 AM
On to th semis 4 Kim! Good showing for Myskina...but she needed to get more first serves in!

TSequoia01
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:25 AM
Good win for Kim, now if Serena can get past Shaughnessy, I will get ready for a train wreck! :)

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:26 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo ecstatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You all don't know how much I am infatuated with the woman that is Kim Clijsters

arn
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:27 AM
Well done Kim!!!

(But still practice a bit on your forhand cos it wasn't that well today ;) )

o0O0o
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:31 AM
:D

Congrats Kim, Myskina often troubles her so this was a good win.

:D

Nice tournament Myskina, you FINALLY beat Rubin (well overdue) and proved everyone wrong that said you didn't deserve a top 8 seed. You had a better showing than Lindsay and you beat Rubin of course. Everyone was saying they should have had a higher seeding. :rolleyes:

:sad:

Too bad someone had to lose here. I like the both...a lot. But Myskina wouldn't stand a chance against Serena, so go Kim! And go Shaughnessy, tire Serena out!

▀coene
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:31 AM
Well done Kim for making the semi-final.

I hope she will play better in the semi-final because it will be necessary.

Lisbeth
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:34 AM
I agree. I hope she's out this afternoon hitting with that "human backboard" of hers again!

Good luck Kim!

england_rules
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:34 AM
Go Kim! :bounce:

Leena
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:36 AM
This result isn't shocking.

Apparently, Kim made a lot of UE's in this match though... gonna have to pull it all together for Serena.

Whatever, as long as Justine wins, I don't care. :)

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:44 AM
Judging from the stats, Myskina wasn't getting many first serves in, and the ones she was getting in weren't very good. Low first service percentages are a big no-no in general, but especially with a 70 MPH second serve against one of the best returners in the game. It's pretty hard to beat everyone when you win 3 out of 9 service games. Kim controlled the tempo (as she should) but made a few too many errors in the 2nd set. If Myskina held her serve at 4-4, that match could have gone either way. She'll need to step it up against Serena, but I'm confident she will.

Scotso
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:49 AM
:bounce: take the title, Kimmy! :bounce:

Berlin_Calling
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:52 AM
Great job Kim :D

Cilla
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:00 AM
Well Done Kim :kiss:

Ting
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:12 AM
Keep up the good work Kimmie!!!

disposablehero
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Leena
This result isn't shocking.

Apparently, Kim made a lot of UE's in this match though... gonna have to pull it all together for Serena.

Whatever, as long as Justine wins, I don't care. :)

I agree. Kim's winner/UE ratio wasn't good enough here to make the next step. Hopefully this was her "off" match.