PDA

View Full Version : For all those people who wanna have all Belgian final higher quality match...

Jericho
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:13 AM
You are freakin wrong...some people are just using that lame excuse just cuz they dont want an all williams final...well let me tell you this...if kim and justine make the finals...

the chances are it woud be even WORSE quality...
the last 5 matches have been one sided 2 set affairs with kim winning 4 out of 5 matches...

so dont give me that "i just want to see a quality final" crap!!

Scotso
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:36 AM
Okay :D

I just want to see Kim vs. Juju ;)

I don't care about quality in this case.

Havok
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:47 AM
definitely.obviously the all belgian final won't be as high quality as the all Williams final, but we never know.oh who ami kiding,Justine always taks against Kim,but she can pull it off some times. anyways i think people want an all belgina finaltoshow the rest of the tour that the Williams r beatable and that they can beat them too. to tell you the truth i'm kindasick and tired of the all Williams finals,but i wouldbe if the winners would change once and a while and not 1 clearcut winner at every single match they play

o0O0o
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:19 AM
"the last 5 matches have been one sided 2 set affairs with kim winning 4 out of 5 matches..."

Now who does THAT sound like?

At least Kim and Juju do more than just mindless power.

But personally, I want to see Kim vs. Venus with Kim double bageling her.
:D

gweeny
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:26 AM
I don't think an all Belgian finals will be that powerful in TV ratings. I also don't think it would be all that interesting. Looking at the US open and Wimbledon, it looks like the Williams sisters are begining to have exciting final matches.

I want a Venus and Kim finals, with Venus ofcourse winning in 3 sets. (because if Venus plays serena, she probably will lose.)

It's so sad that I don't have confidence in Venus.

Lisbeth
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:31 AM
Powerful in TV ratings where? I'm sure it would go through the roof in Belgium, in fact probably all of Europe. But of course, that 's not the "right" ratings is it?

I actually think any match up the remaining possibilities has the potential to be a great match.

arn
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:33 AM
I also want a Belgian final so we can be sure of our first belgian grand-slam winner :) That would be sooooo nice :)

btw; the last match Kim and Justine played in Sydney had a one-sided score but the match itself was very competitive with great tennis.

btw2; Maybe the reason why some people don't like to see Venus vs Serena is because it's 2 times the same sort of tennis. A clash of styles is nicer IMO

Leena
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:34 AM
I don't care about the match quality so much... I just prefer watching someone like Justine who doesn't totally rely on power, and I'm just tired of seeing the Williams' win everything.

evadafan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:39 AM
The highest quality match would be one of the Belgians vs. one of the sisters. I think both Venus-Kim and Serena-Justine would be good matches. Justine usually does suck vs. Kim, but she is getting over those yips I think, just as Venus sucked against Serena last year, but alas, this is a new year. I also think the highest chance is for a Belgian-Williams final. Only time will tell!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:39 AM
GO USA SPANK THOSE BELGIANS BAD!

persond
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Leena
I don't care about the match quality so much... I just prefer watching someone like Justine who doesn't totally rely on power, and I'm just tired of seeing the Williams' win everything.

:( :( Hey, what about the better player winning??? And, so it's all right for a poor quality Belgian vs Belgian match??? Surely you jest!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If the Belgians are "good" enough to win it, then so be it. Otherwise, wishing and hoping for a match based solely on the fact that someone else wins more, is really, really, stupid.

o0O0o
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:49 AM
You're an idiot persond. If they want to see Kim v. Justine because they don't like the Williamses, who the fuck are you to tell them they are wrong?

Ting
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:07 AM
I would like to see a Belgian vs Williams final, and Justine or Kim will defeat one of the Williams to show everyone that the Williams AREN'T unbeatable.

And don't worry about the TV rating, I'm sure a lot of people would not like to watch an all-Williams final but something different.

Freewoman33
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:17 AM
I know one person who's going to make the final and possibly win the whole damn thing, she's kicking ass right now.

Venus, you'd have to play the match of your life to win that AO title.

gweeny
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:37 AM
May the better player make it to the finals and win the finals. Let's be happy with that.

No one should cheer against Agassi so that the other male non-grandslam winners will win the AO. The best players should be rewarded.

And I'm not so sure that the by Kim and Justine making it to the finals will boost all of Europe TV's rating. Maybe Belgium.

Blogger Dives
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:47 AM
I would rather see an All Belgian final, as I am sick of the power tennis of the sisters. And tennis has gotten predictable with the Williams'. Soon we'll lose all our fans because what fun is a sport when you already know who's going to overpower their way to the top and win? I think that's why some of the WTA workers are quitting, with Hingis retiring and such this sport is losing it's interest in the classic fans that made it.

There is a big difference in fans of old, vs. fans when the Williams' started winning. You lost a few of your classic finess loving fans in favor of the fast paced (NFLish) fans who are cheering for all power and the bigger girls. What the WTA hasn't figured out, is once the Williams' are gone, and the power game rots away due to all the injuries all their fast paced fans will go back to watching the NFL and this sport will be lucky to break even. But that's just my two cents worth.

I prefer to see Justine vs Kim, in part because I'm a fan of both (more so of Juju ;) ) and I like the quality of the matches they have played in the past... just hope Juju wins next time. :)

gweeny
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:04 AM
Excuse me. You make it sound as if Kim is not a power player. Last time I checked, she played very similar to the way Venus, Serena, Lindsay, Jen played. Get over it, the recent winners of the grandslams have been "power" players.

If they need a new league for your so-called finese players then maybe you start petitioning for it. Because "Big-babe" tennis is not going away anytime soon.

And by the way, I love power tennis, and I dislike NFL.

Averylove
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:08 AM
I don't give a Damm about the Belgiums , I want a Willimas Final and thats that ! Who wants to Misfits playing in the Final anyway?
I want to see the Number # 1 ranked Vs the Number # 2 ranked player in the world collide thats only fair and i don't give a Damm about the rest !

Compition is base on the best metting the Best ,or orther wise it's "affrimative action " wanting sombody to be there without there own Merit right ? How did GW Bush get into Yale right ?

Fight fire with fire !

BK4ever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:10 AM
Some people are so ridiculous and jealous. I hope Vee and Rena win, but if they don't so be it.

I'm sorry to inform some of you, but Kim is strictly a power player and so is Juju, what the hell makes Juju "miss finesse" oh she slices...whatever.

May the best players win!

Blogger Dives
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Averylove
I don't give a Damm about the Belgiums , I want a Willimas Final and thats that ! Who wants to Misfits playing in the Final anyway?
I want to see the Number # 1 ranked Vs the Number # 2 ranked player in the world collide thats only fair and i don't give a Damm about the rest !

Compition is base on the best metting the Best ,or orther wise it's "affrimative action " wanting sombody to be there without there own Merit right ? How did GW Bush get into Yale right ?

Fight fire with fire !

:bounce: Time for SPELLING LESSONS ;)

"Damm" is correctly spelled 'Damn'.
"Belgiums" should be 'Belgians' since you are talking about people from that country.
"Willimas" is correctly spelled 'Williams' (If you are going to cheer for them, at least have the courtesy to spell their name correctly. Anything less is disrespectful.)
"to" should be 'two' or '2', since you mean a number.
"Compition" is correctly spelled 'Competition'.
"metting" I assume you mean 'meeting'.
"sombody" is correctly spelled 'somebody'.

Clearly you do not have anywhere near the abilities to get into Yale or any other 2 year Technical college for that matter. Consider this a lesson, and it was free... Just like the public education you clearly didn't receive. Just to think you just got schooled by someone, who's first language wasn't even English. :p

Averylove - Sag mal, hast du den Arsch offen? :rolleyes:

persond
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by o0O0o
You're an idiot persond. If they want to see Kim v. Justine because they don't like the Williamses, who the fuck are you to tell them they are wrong?

:( Idiot??? Idiot??? Why don't you just suck outta my "drawers"??? NO, I DON'T WANT TO SEE AN ALL BELGIAN FINAL!!! That's my feelings, like it or lump it!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Zeroes, I really don't give a damn about you either, with your biased ass.!!! On second thought, suck outta my constipated asssssss!!!:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

selesfan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:24 AM
Kim and Justine are considered power players also. I don't know what matches you watch but the Williams sisters game has evolved into an all court game. They have a lot more variety in their game than a lot of the other power players.

persond
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by selesfan
Kim and Justine are considered power players also. I don't know what matches you watch but the Williams sisters game has evolved into an all court game. They have a lot more variety in their game than a lot of the other power players.

:) Selesfan, they're so blinded by their biases that they can't, don't, won't, appreciate how much better the Sisters' game has improved!!! But, hey, you can take a horse to water, but, you can't make him drink!!!:cool: :cool:

selesfan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:33 AM
persond, some fans are blinded, its fans like this that have turned me into a Williams sisters fan, especially Serena. I think her game is amazing.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:59 AM
I think either way the final would be boring.. since there are only two notions left represented by the players.. there s not much interest for many of the ppl living outside the u.s. and belgium. obviously the game s getting more n more bi-polirized between the two nations against a lot of ppl's hope for tennis to be most world wide. Maybe if there were for Amelie, that would be more interesting n more variety... anyways, Im not gonna watch the final whoever will be playing.

junkartist
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:49 AM
Those who say that they are tired of power tennis and like Kim and Justine are just completely stupid! Kim does nothing but overpower her opponents! :rolleyes: JERKS:p

persond
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by junkartist
Those who say that they are tired of power tennis and like Kim and Justine are just completely stupid! Kim does nothing but overpower her opponents! :rolleyes: JERKS:p

:( Am now watching the Clijsters and Myaskina match and Kim is just "overpowering" Maskina!! Absolutely no variety in her game at present!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As far as Myaskina stating that Kim's the best player on tour, I guess it's because Kim's banging the azz all over the place.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: She wouldn't know the best player if she came up and "pimped slap" her.:p :p

persond
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:02 AM
:) :) Pam and Mary Carrillo seem to think Kim's game isn't what her previous scores seem to suggest!!! And that Kim better step it up a bit going into the semi-finals.

Mary says it might be that Myaskina is so awful, that Kim's lost focus and is only playing as good as she needs to.!!!:) :)

She'll need to notch it up another step against Serena!!!:p :p :p :p

Chance
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:07 AM
I'm hoping for two good semi matches and a final that goes to 3 sets with my favourite player holding the trophy.

Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:16 AM
Despite the scoreline, Kim and Justine's semi-final in Sydney was very high quality. The womens draw still includes 4 of the top 5 seeds....much more interesting than the mens

servenrichie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:16 PM
Blogger Dives wrote:

I would rather see an All Belgian final, as I am sick of the power tennis of the sisters. And tennis has gotten predictable with the Williams'. Soon we'll lose all our fans because what fun is a sport when you already know who's going to overpower their way to the top and win? I think that's why some of the WTA workers are quitting, with Hingis retiring and such this sport is losing it's interest in the classic fans that made it.

There is a big difference in fans of old, vs. fans when the Williams' started winning. You lost a few of your classic finess loving fans in favor of the fast paced (NFLish) fans who are cheering for all power and the bigger girls. What the WTA hasn't figured out, is once the Williams' are gone, and the power game rots away due to all the injuries all their fast paced fans will go back to watching the NFL and this sport will be lucky to break even. But that's just my two cents worth.

I prefer to see Justine vs Kim, in part because I'm a fan of both (more so of Juju ) and I like the quality of the matches they have played in the past... just hope Juju wins next time.

ime for SPELLING LESSONS

"Damm" is correctly spelled 'Damn'.
"Belgiums" should be 'Belgians' since you are talking about people from that country.
"Willimas" is correctly spelled 'Williams' (If you are going to cheer for them, at least have the courtesy to spell their name correctly. Anything less is disrespectful.)
"to" should be 'two' or '2', since you mean a number.
"Compition" is correctly spelled 'Competition'.
"metting" I assume you mean 'meeting'.
"sombody" is correctly spelled 'somebody'.

Clearly you do not have anywhere near the abilities to get into Yale or any other 2 year Technical college for that matter. Consider this a lesson, and it was free... Just like the public education you clearly didn't receive. Just to think you just got schooled by someone, who's first language wasn't even English.

Averylove - Sag mal, hast du den Arsch offen?

Perhaps you should take more english classes before shooting off through your ass.

Blogger Dives - Sag mal, warum bist du so ein Arsch?

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:23 PM
*takes out whip and starts slapping self*

I have sinned!

*wham wham slam*

I am wrong

*slap wham wheees slap*

I want an all Belgian final

*WHAM SLAP*

Oh, I'm soooo wrong! How dare I have such sinful thoughts?

*wham wham*

servenrichie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:25 PM
You have not sinned Tine, it's okay to wish for an all Begium-finals, but not under the pretence of higher quality matches. That's lame!

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:28 PM
what about the pretence of having a different match for a change?

servenrichie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:29 PM
Let the best women win!
It is a competition for christssake!

gentenaire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:30 PM
but if the same player wins over and over again, and always against the same player, it's not much of a competition, is it?

ot1962
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by o0O0o
"At least Kim and Juju do more than just mindless power.
:D

Oooooh! oooo,

Lets see. Would committing 3 digit UEs (100+) in a match be classified MINDED power to you? It is High alright but it does not seem SMART to me:(

Blogger Dives
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by servenrichie
Blogger Dives wrote:

Perhaps you should take more english classes before shooting off through your ass.

Blogger Dives - Sag mal, warum bist du so ein Arsch?

No thank you wise ass, I've had enough English classes. Enough to get into a top US Law school. Sadly those like 'Averylove' can't spell and have lived in the US their entire lives. What was wrong with my English? I guess you clearly can't read very well either.

servenrichie - Halt die Klappe! Du kannst mich mal am Arsch lecken! :p

Some people would just prefer to see a final with two different individuals taking part. Instead of two predictable individuals who will let Serena win so she gets to the "Grand Slam" first. :o

Blogger Dives
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Beggin' Beguine
but if the same player wins over and over again, and always against the same player, it's not much of a competition, is it?

Thank you Beggin' Beguine: Someone who shares my view.

If we keep having the same individuals in the finals, it's going to stay predictable. Therefore, not as competitive. Who wants to watch a sporting event when they already know who's going to win? There's going to be a decline in interest of seeing predictability.

VS Fan
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:42 PM
Note: ALL FOUR players in the semifinale ARE power players.

To prevent all Williams finals, the solution is simple. Raise your tennis game to their level.

Kim and Justine ARE two players who are doing JUST THAT.
Bothe have wins over Venus and Serena in 2002.

I think the semis and finals will be great matches.

The final will be : Serena/Venus
Serena/Justine
Venus/Kim
or Kim/Justine

Any of these should be good matches.

jenny161185
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:02 AM
I think the ratings would go mad if it was an all - belgian final because it would be all over the news no williams in final etc though i dont think it will hppen. A Serena Justine Final woulld be great for me. I think Venus will win though and maybe Kim can upset Serena cant wait to see!!!!!!! Good luck to all of them!

servenrichie
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:29 AM
Blogger Dives - fick dich ins Knee!